May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (obsessed-with-doubles, buckstix, Themauserkid, canvasback, 1 invisible), 270 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,033
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

so, they sold you a nice gun at a low price - can't let 'em get away with that

Sidelock
Sidelock

Y'all are forgetting that AL's complaint is the misleading description and photo's that have been tinkered with to give a false view of the gun. I'm pretty forgiving, but I'd be PO'd for the same reasons, the gun was misrepresented and he was lied too!

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SoTwin
Originally Posted By: Alvin Linden
While he may have said something, not "politically correct" [who hasn't?] and he's more tongue in cheek, than he cares to admit. What's sad, is his statement is also probably more in tune with a lot of dealers, than any of us care to admit. Anyway, isn't this about an unscrupulous Auction House? p.s. I tried their contact info just a while ago and it keeps failing due to excessive traffic...wonder why? HTH

"tongue in cheek" implies humor - nothing funny in what he said. sometimes "politically incorrect" is actually wrong, too

dealers?! - yeah, let's cast a baseless insinuation on them, even though uninvolved, if it helps make the point. what was the point?

perhaps some of the descriptions used to open this thread could be seen as advantageously chosen to "sell" your point but probably not unscrupulous…if you truly had a problem with transaction, which you admit you don't, seems the right thing would be to attempt to resolve it with the other party BEFORE trashing them in a public forum

1.Your first point re "tongue in cheek" is not what was implied, which was "he was not to be taken seriously". It is however what you choose to infer, because you are obviously looking for an argument. I however, may surprise you by agreeing; things that are "politically incorrect" are seldom "right" in the broader sense of the word.

2.My comment involving dealers, stems from over 50 years in the gun business. I grew up in a gun store being the son of the owner and owned two eventually myself. My wonderful late mother,who did everything in the store but blue guns [she hated the odor] took a zillion calls from dealers, who when she tried to get specific info [as my Dad had asked]was 9 out of 10 times was told..."Just have your husband call me!" So I believe, although it may have been a sign of those times, my wife who has been involved in our business for over 30 years, would tell you it is still alive and well, although no more so than other industries.

3. I did not choose anything to "SELL" my point. I accurately and fairly reported, on one blog which I frequent; the FACTS as they occurred.
The reason I did not go to the Auction Company first was, I was after all these years aware, the auction house has a disclaimer that you agree to, releasing them of any responsibility. I saw no need, I was however going to send an email reporting my experience but the contact HOT BUTTON was busy with heavy traffic. In the interest of fairness, I want to report the following:

A little after 3:20p.m.EST,I received a call from Carol Watson herself, she started by saying she heard I was disappointed in the item I received, I detailed all the problems stated here including one omitted [the barrel was listed as excellent, but I received it so dirty you could hardly see lands and grooves differentiated,in it. How could they tell? I couldn't until it was cleaned [it took over an hour], and it was fine. SHE APOLOGIZED AND OFFERED A FULL REFUND INCLUDING FULL SHIPPING. I found her to be a very nice person, with an interest in making things right. I declined, and told her that I was going to put some money, into getting it brought up to their description. I TOLD HER THE PERSON DOING THE DESCRIPTION ON HER GUNS COULD NOT HAVE POSSIBLY SEEN THIS RIFLE, AND DESCRIBED IT AS SUCH! I strongly suggested she rethink the person in this job and maybe a person familiar with guns, was an improvement

4. I DID AND DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE GUN, I am just willing to spend MY MONEY INTO MAKING IT RIGHT, SOMETHING THAT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO!. Always remember, had the gun been accurately described and pictured, the bidding was not as likely to have GONE THAT HIGH! THEY LIVE ON 17.5% OF FINAL PRICE!

5. I stated before I entered this listing, I GOOGLED them and this was not the First Time they had problems with GUN DESCRIPTIONS.
I did not trash them, I exposed THE TRASH. THEN I GAVE THEM CREDIT FOR THEIR ATTEMPT TO SWEEP IT UP.

I see you live in MAINE HOW IS JAMES D. JULIA DOING UP THERE?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, I was checking some of your stuff on Gunsamerica...
What exactly is your return policy, it seems seems unclear..kinda like a crap shoot?..I reproduce it below...
((RETURN POLICY: Returns are handled on an individual basis. You can presume that I know what I am selling. You are expected to know what you are buying. All items are guaranteed to be as advertised. If I make a gross error in description, you may of course, return item with my apology. FEEDBACK: I am a licensed firearms dealer and have been a Gunsamerica seller since 1997...so, follow the rules and buy with confidence.))
As you don't allow people to view hands on,surely you should offer a firm 3 day return?..A Gross error could go either way..
franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Alvin Linden
Guys: Personally as the father of two daughters [one an avid shooter],I want to go on the record to say that on more than one occasion Fox has bent over backwards to sell me items for my daughter's rifle(s) projects while others stood by and at more than generous prices, to help me get my daughter behind the trigger. While he may have said something, not "politically correct" [who hasn't?] and he's more tongue in cheek, than he cares to admit. What's sad, is his statement is also probably more in tune with a lot of dealers, than any of us care to admit. Anyway, isn't this about an unscrupulous Auction House? p.s. I tried their contact info just a while ago and it keeps failing due to excessive traffic...wonder why? HTH
Thanks for the kind words, my Georgia friend.All my gals, including the wives, know enough about guns and guns safety, from me, to leave them alone. My late father never let me have a cap pistol or a Daisy BB gun, he taught me that you NEVER point any gun at anything you do not intend to kill stone cold dead-- and his boyhood chum lost his left eye at age 11 to a Daisy BB gun in a boyhood "Cowboys and Indians" game that went very bad.

I owe my 100% accident and ticket free (at age 72) driving record to my Dad, and also my strict gun safety habits and manners afield. If anyone wants to challenge me on the last statement, feel free to contact my friend and preserve hunting partner, Brad Bachelder- and ask him anything you wish about my gun manners--

None of my wives or my 3 daughters are interested in guns and hunting, but my oldest Granddaughter is- and when she turns 10, will start with the same Stevens .22 Walnut Hill single shot my late Granddad gave me in 1953- and go from there.

She may not turn out to be an Annie Oakley or a Mrs. Topperwein, but I will guaran-damn-tee you she will walk in the shadow of the poem I have memorized stone cold letter perfect- "If A sportsman/woman/person (whatever is PC here) true you'd be, listen carefully (son- grand-daughter, grand-son) to me- timeless wisdom which I will pass on to any of my grandchildren, regardless of their gender.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Franc Otte
Ed, I was checking some of your stuff on Gunsamerica...
What exactly is your return policy, it seems seems unclear..kinda like a crap shoot?..I reproduce it below...
((RETURN POLICY: Returns are handled on an individual basis. You can presume that I know what I am selling. You are expected to know what you are buying. All items are guaranteed to be as advertised. If I make a gross error in description, you may of course, return item with my apology. FEEDBACK: I am a licensed firearms dealer and have been a Gunsamerica seller since 1997...so, follow the rules and buy with confidence.))
As you don't allow people to view hands on,surely you should offer a firm 3 day return?..A Gross error could go either way..
franc
Ja-- what if "Herr Flamenwerfer"_ aka "Ed Da Torch" made a "Kleiner" error, and not a Grosser error- what then-- and who is the one that will be determining that error- I look for the coming day when schmucks like "The Torch" do the Herschel Chaddick escape route and get outta Dodge for good (pun intended here guys)--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

franc & foxie: you and I will never do business, if I can avoid it, so what difference does it make?

Last edited by ed good; 06/12/14 09:47 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Rockdoc
Y'all are forgetting that AL's complaint is the misleading description and photo's that have been tinkered with to give a false view of the gun. I'm pretty forgiving, but I'd be PO'd for the same reasons, the gun was misrepresented and he was lied too!

Have we seen pics of the gun as received to back up his accusations?

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm sorry if you think I was looking for a fight, I thought I was participating in a forum where ideas are exchanged (i.e. don't always agree). I don't agree with making broad generalizations about groups of people - what's the point? the comments were inappropriate no matter who else may or may not share them. However, I'll make "every conceivable" attempt to see your point of view on your opening post

based on many of the posts I see on this site I would guess anyone that sells that many guns, will have negative views available via Google. CWOCA has one more and it sounds like you've been treated very well. enjoy the rifle

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wild Skies
Originally Posted By: Rockdoc

Have we seen pics of the gun as received to back up his accusations?

Wild Skies, you make a good point. How about we see some photos of this bad boy warts and all?

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.