May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (12boreman, eightbore, smlekid, 1 invisible), 382 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,799
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, HD, what would you suggest as topics for another misfires?

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Humpty Dumpty
Question: is it only me, or are there other members of the board who feel it could be a good idea to leave Misfires as the political soap box and start another free-topic forum for everything else?

Well, so far, after 4 days, I think it is only you.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The thing about people that hate is, That I hate them.

wear those safety glasses
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think what HD meant was that there was no place on the board to discuss friendly/personal things like your dogs, hunting, fishing and outdoor adventures, family, friends, things like that. They really dont belong in the Questions & Answers Forum. However, since the Misfires Forum is so politicized I dont think that many people feel comfortable putting friendly/personal material like that there, I know I dont.

Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

While clearly against Misfires rules, personal attacks emanate from a poisonous politicization of literally everything posted here. It's not characteristic of Americans or gun owners either because other boards provide information, assistance, camaraderie without foul language, rudeness, racism and misogyny.

Sidelock
Sidelock

king: well said.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I opt for leaving misfire as a single page. If you don't like the postings there, don't go there.

As for attacks I always argue for civility and will do my best to avoid taking part in any. I have found more reasons to like the guys who frequent this website than causes to separate us. I understand we do have differences, it is sad we all can't find a way to politely discuss.

As for politics as a subject, I myself generally avoid it as my trade keeps my emotions in check

Last edited by old colonel; 06/11/14 02:59 PM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Rick Beckner
The reason that the Misfires Forum was created was to give Italiansxs his own forum and keep him off the main board. For the most part it has been pretty successful.

I just did a quick review of ths guys "contributions" to this forum. Pretty pitiful!
Maybe he'd like a forum on Barbie doll collecting as I expect that would be right up his alley.
My primary thrust in the Misfires section is protecting our gun rights and what to do when there is attempted infringemet. If ANYONE here doesn't like or support this well that's just tough!
In doing so in Misfires I have supported Dave Webers position to keep anything political out of this area other than the approved informational thread.
If I post anything over there you don't like DON'T READ IT!

Last edited by italiansxs; 06/11/14 03:43 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

sxs: what gives you the right to protect our gun rights? if you want to protect your gun rights, then have at it...but, please do tolerate the rest of us to protect our gun rights as we see fit, which may not necessarily be in agreement with your views.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have ed "Mr Torch" above on my ignore list since he never posts anything useful anyway . However; I did take the opportunity to send him a PM smirk
I personally think its a shame Dave ever let him back on here.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.