April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (cpa, JDH, Jimmy W, Pwog, MD2, 1 invisible), 351 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,226
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Long time since I wanted to pop up the question.

OK, there's the Misfires board here. It is supposed to be for discussion of just about any topic, like what's there to see in Stockholm, is it a good idea to rent a car in Italy or better stick to public transport, whatever. However, each time I go to Misfires I notice that at least 90% of the posts there are dedicated to a certain political agenda. Mind you, I don't question the agenda, or the need to discuss it, or the right of the participants to say what they want. It's just that it discourages me from using the Misfires - I hardly ever visit this branch at all, and I suspect that with the exception of a 10 or 12 enthusiasts, most other users don't often come there either. So what's the point in posting if it's going to be read by a handful of people who are really interested in something else?

Question: is it only me, or are there other members of the board who feel it could be a good idea to leave Misfires as the political soap box and start another free-topic forum for everything else?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Answer: do what I do when I see a topic that I don't like or does not interest me. I don't read it.

Here's the rules for topics which belong in Misfires:

"Misfires @ doublegunshop.com - All topics that do not belong in one of the other forums can be placed here: Politics, Gun Rights, Hunting Dogs, Non-Fine Firearms, Non-Firearms etc."

Nothing about renting a car in Italy or sightseeing in Stockholm. But I suppose no one would whine if you asked about those things there. I suppose if you were sightseeing in Stockholm, you might see Obama on his European tour making excuses for trading 5 Taliban war criminals for 1 deserter because we don't leave any U.S. soldiers behind... nevermind about those 4 Navy Seals and an Ambassador he left behind to die in Benghazi... but that would be a topic for Misfires too. Oops! Pardon my faux pas.

Question: Who else thinks what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and Humpty Dumpty's whining belongs in Misfires?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith et al:
Lets see if I understand what's posted above. Most members don't go there(Misfires). It's only "10 or 12 enthusiasts" posting there. But on some of the threads there are hundreds of hits. This to me means those 10 or 12 enthusiasts must be working overtime.
The Misfires area is the 3rd most popular area on this forum. It must be ghosts viewing there as it's difficult to come up with another rational explanation!
I'd recommend that the membership here keep avoiding the Misfires area at all costs! It's probably as bad for you as Bloomberg's big soda gulps! grin grin grin
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 06/07/14 12:03 AM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

BELCH!

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Humpty, think of Misfires as being the trash bin for the BBS. Most everyone knows what topics are appropriate for the double gun discussion and not. What's not gets filed down there voluntarily. Dave has a legitimate dislike of becoming a censor, which would quickly destroy this wonderful board.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can never understand why people complain about something that they are not forced to read. When I go to Misfires, I can scan down the threads and see if there is anything there that interests me. I've never yet seen a rant on some political topic disguised as a recipe for duck gumbo.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The reason that the Misfires Forum was created was to give Italiansxs his own forum and keep him off the main board. For the most part it has been pretty successful.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
....I've never yet seen a rant on some political topic disguised as a recipe for duck gumbo.

SRH

Thanks for the little smile Stan. Already long past due to get back out on a duck marsh.

Sidelock
Sidelock

@Stan. "I can never understand why people complain about something they are not forced to read."

Only Mr. Dumpty can answer that, but it has to be safer than complaining about Vlad Putin over on the I Love My...Baikal/Saiga/Toz shotgun over at Shotgunworld. Only thing that'll get you is a severe beating about the head and neck with a billyclub and a couple of nights in a jail cell with Pussy Riot. I could do without the beating, but the time in the slam with Pussy Riot might be interesting.

@Joe Wood. "...think of Mis-Fires as being the trash bin for the bbs."

I like Humpty's own thoughts on Mis-Fires better. I believe he called it a goblin reservation. I chuckle every time I say it. Funny stuff. Maybe Dave can build a fence around it and some of you gentlemen could drive around in your Range Rovers and toss in some beef jerky and blankets every now and then. A couple bottles of good corn likker would be greatly appreciated also. Life on the Rez! Gotta love it!

Hi, craigd! Hope you are well.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

You guys are a funny bunch, overreacting to a non-existant threat.

I'll try to rephrase the original post in simple plain English:

Misfires is OK with me. The discussion in Misfires is OK with me. I don't want to stop or infringe it.

However, I'd like to have ANOTHER free-interest board here IN ADDITION TO Misfires.

If you think it might be a good idea, say so. If you don't - well, there's a very sound bit of advice in some of the comments: don't like the topic - don't read the thread. Just move on and live happily ever after.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.