April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (AGS, HMAK, Ted Schefelbein, JBG, 1 invisible), 1,129 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,848
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25
Sidelock
Sidelock

I hadn't considered that the rancher would turn his need into choice attention-grabbing for, as you say, the media's blood thirst.

Can't you see it: Americans shooting at Americans, .50 cal, ARs and all the rest of it, Waco and Wounded Knee, live in colour around the world.

There is no winner except for the grabbers. The militias take the Second down another notch. Make a great movie, eh? Something for the kids.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
Ted,
everything I read has stated this was taking place on the Lake Mead recreation area, BLM owned and controlled land, not state land. Bundy stopped paying the lease fees in 1993 in protest. I'm no fan of this type of operation, but this is not exactly an unexpected response from the Feds. An article detailing the back ground this story is here:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada/good-progress-cattle-roundup-decelerate

I've read and heard that the land in question is state of Nevada owned and controlled. If that is the case then why is BLM involved?

As to "welfare ranchers" quite a few of them can't even graze cattle on land they own due to elk and horses over-running it, and, elk, in particular destroying fencing. It isn't as simple as "hey, he is getting something for nothing".

The history of the US government with individual citizens affairs seldom has a good outcome for the individuals involved. I'm beginning to think we need another ammendment to the constitution that holds the federal government to a much higher standard of behavior, and much greater penalties when dealing with private citizens or their livelyhood/property. That way, when somebody like, say, Randy Weaver's wife is gunned down by a government paid sniper as she is holding an infant, careers are ended, departments are dismantled, and people involved are charged with murder, right up to where the mess started.

Best,
Ted

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Can't you see it: Americans shooting at Americans....

Sure I can see it. Sounds like there're two sides here. Why don't you call for a beer summit or an naacp righteous little guy speech.

What's the agenda. If someone pays the fees, do they get to ranch. Hmmm, maybe not. This guy's feeding the poor, providing needy churl'in with school glue and fertilizing plants that're struggling for survival. I want an award here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Agree on individual outcomes, Ted, although redress should not require god-knows-how-long constitutional amendments. Perhaps your higher standard would involve greater accountability of all federal and state enforcement agencies concerning their responsibilities in discharging their duties i.e. not acting illegally, unnecessary force, negligence in use of firearms etc. Still, holding to accountability with serious consequences favouring victims may be a bridge too far if your situation is the same as here. Generally we're an apathetic bunch.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are only two left, Craig. The Mother Teresa and John Wayne. You deserve both, but you may choose only one.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

What is a "welfare rancher"? If the terminology has been correctly applied, then I would assume such an individual would be on the good side of any libtard. Is someone suggesting that a little-guy rancher should be relegated to ranching on their own privately held lands, or else be classified as a recipient of welfare? Seems like the Democrats would be flocking to support this guy's access to the planet at-large. Anyone think Libtard Ted Turner would be willing to let the Bundy's ranch on even a single acre of Capt. Outrageous's millions of acres out West?

My personal opinion is that they should sell the guy's cattle until his land use fees are caught up. After that everyone should go home with at least one tortoise in the trunk of their car.

Last edited by Jawjadawg; 04/12/14 04:31 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
There are only two left, Craig. The Mother Teresa and John Wayne. You deserve both, but you may choose only one.

Oh no, not for me please, but what a kick in the jingle bells. The white guy's a dinosaur wild west cowboy, and the nun, well she's associated with known pedophiles. No, I want the rancher to get an award at an naacp meeting. Some window dressing thing would be fine.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The BLM has backed down and leaving......they were not going to release Clive Bundy's cattle, but after the road was blocked by militia and supporters, they released the cattle back to Bundy also. The link below is an up to date article on this situation and provides info that has not been seen on the media. Bundy owes no money to the govt., is the last rancher in the area to be run out, and it seems the land is needed for a Chinese investment that was brokered by Harry Reid's son....Cliven Bundy's problem is not turtles or fees, but the fact he is not a money donor to Harry Reid. This enlightening fact spread across internet sources and may be part of the reason the BLM is pulling out. Now, information has surfaced that the BLM is proposing to declare 90,000 acres of private ranch land along the Red River in Texas as "public land" and confiscate(steal it). This land has been in ranch families for generations. This will not go well in Texas, I assure you. I urge everyone who commmented on this post to read the link. If it happened in Nevada, it can happen in your state.
http://www.commdiginews.com/politics-2/k...-control-14427/

Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.