April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (FlyChamps, Fudd), 417 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,230
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

C'mon, Craig, there are as many species of conservatives as liberals. Dr. Williams wouldn't be boorish. Not wanting him around? How do you become more aware of issues than measuring your biases with others? Look at what happens here too often with "discussion." Dr. Williams couldn't, wouldn't put up with it. Rush I've no interest in at all. I gave up on his rants as surpassingly predictable. Light, very light.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Apathy, celebrity-awe and ignorance are our principal enemies.

So we're not talking at cross-purposes, what do you mean by "communist social change"? I'm teaching two university courses to overseas mature students on how to influence and change government policies, and make politicians accountable to people like you and me. Like the NRA does.

Are the NRA and I communists? Is there distinction between the two? Do we need more citizens' activism or less?

Sidelock
Sidelock

King, you're a considerate liberal. Most wouldn't care about the issues, they care about their freebies. Now your tolerance of Rush, that's more like it. With an adequate dash of demonization of course he's the enemy, regardless of his measured fact based approach.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King, we have our own version of affirmative action up here. It's between the provinces and the Feds and we call it equalization. And in my opinion, long term, it's has done incredible damage to my province and yours, turning our provinces into habitual welfare cases.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Affirmative action has done significant damage anywhere its ever been implemented. Because it gives things to people that never earned it, or deserve it...and keeps the people who earned it and are the best qualified away from it.

Obamas election is a prime example of affirmative action and what happens when you put the least qualified person in any job.

I think the pro-affirmative action people should eat food prepared by cooks that got hired for affirmative action...not because they know what they are doing...and have to go to doctor and dentists that only got where they are because of affirmative action..not because they were any good.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 03/10/14 09:48 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doc and James:

At the beginning of affirmative action there was a need to do something because of low educational achievement, not least because discrimination had killed ambition. Why bother? Most blacks hereabouts live in rural communities, Lincolnville one of them. I literally made the terms: whites aren't going to do a thing for you unless you do something for yourselves. Get qualified, get a trade or diploma, come to town and if you're equally qualified you'll get the job.

Biggest problem was Main Street. I started with the bank manager. He said no way. I said, Look, Doug, we're in a racist town that's got to take its halo down. Your tellers should find out that black girls have the same problems as they do, with boyfriends, stretching your miserable wages to pay day. Doug dug in his heels. O.K then I'm calling the president in Toronto who I knew had a different attitude. Doug came around to lead Main Street businesses.

Affirmative action was good for its time---starting in the late 60s. Like anything else over time---political parties and businesses---where there's an easy way they go soft.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Affirmative Action: The least shall have the most!

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Affirmative action had its time and place....it ended back in the 1960's. Its been used as an excuse to get something without earning it ever since.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 03/10/14 10:38 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

King,

here in America the left only pretends to care about minorities in trade for their votes.Most minorities are only trading their votes for another "plantation" of being stuck on government handouts for generations with no incentive to better themselves.

Even when shown that charter schools in many minority neighborhoods are giving much better challenges and results to the youth there are now being shutdown, not by conservatives but by liberals !

The Left VS minorities

http://www.humanevents.com/2014/03/11/the-left-versus-minorities/

If anyone wanted to pick a time and place where the political left’s avowed concern for minorities was definitively exposed as a fraud, it would be now — and the place would be New York City, where far left Mayor Bill de Blasio has launched an attack on charter schools, cutting their funding, among other things.

These schools have given thousands of low income minority children their only shot at a decent education, which often means their only shot at a decent life. Last year 82 percent of the students at a charter school called Success Academy passed city-wide mathematics exams, compared to 30 percent of the students in the city as a whole.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

The reason for posting Dr. William's column was to point out that black Americans were doing OK up until the 60's. They were accepted in most parts of the country except the deep south and inroads were, of necessity, being made there. We cannot know what the outcome would be without the Civil Rights Act of 1964 but have no reason to believe the situation would have remained static until today.

All minorities that have entered the USA have suffered bias and bigotry. Until recently, all have assimilated and become valued and contributing members of our society. That is just what the melting pot the US is so often referred to is all about, people being accepted for who they are, not what they are.

We might not know JFK's mind when it came to passage of the Civil Rights Act as it was passed after his assassination. We do know what LBJ's mind was though, it was nothing more than a self serving cynical means of keeping American blacks subservient to the Democratic party. That has not changed one bit in the ensuing years.

“I’ll have those n***ers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” —Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One -

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/40889

Jim H.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.