May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Roundsworth, vern21), 863 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,850
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Read this column by Walter E. Williams on the subject of black unemployment. They were doing quite well from the 1900's to the 50's & 60's. Dr. Williams I am sure has the documentation to back up his statements.

http://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliams/2013/04/10/black-unemployment-n1561096/page/full

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks. I googled him. He'd be great company in the blind or on a fishing trip. I'd bet on the certainty of his documentation. I think he's fair on what "the spirit" of affirmative action rendered over time. Definitely an improvement on Rush Limbaugh.

Wonder, though, how his notions would go down with his party: state secession with only limited role for Washington, legalization of selling own body organs, US Reserve role as "counterfeiting money" and getting rid of it because it wasn't needed before 1836. In a world where only ideas have a premium, Dr. Williams would be a good guy to have around.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The answer to vague adjectives and interpretation, Craig, are in two books I bought 67 years ago written by Rudolph Flesch of The Associated Press: The Art of Plain Talk and the Art of Readable Writing. Good writing leaves nothing to vagueness and interpretation. Writers want to be understood. Flesch's counsel to journalists: Write for the Kansas City milkman. A member of the proletariat like you and me!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Walter E. Williams has been known to guest host for Rush Limbaugh at times. He is gifted and articulate co-host. His ideas are very much in concert with many in the conservative movement and he and Thomas Sowell are widely accepted. They are both economists who can make their points in common terms. I have heard his discussion on selling of body parts, which you have not, and his take is just what right does the government have to tell us what we can or cannot do with our own body. In many respects, it is the same argument as taken for abortion, just looking at it from a different perspective.

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

What I like from what I read is his fairness addressing affirmative action, considering intent and effects. That, and his early drifting and taking on the stately edifice of the US Army as private and winning, made him worth knowing---and enjoying.

As a pioneer proponent of affirmative action, I was given a lesson by the black community when I thought it would be the other way round. There was the usual yipping and yapping about who's to blame for racial violence blinking yellow to murder.

The blacks wanted the police chief's head. It's true the only ones in jail Monday mornings were riffraff blacks and Indians, none of the white riffraff including professors' sons. I dug around, discovered the chief was stealing from the fines collection, cocked the trigger for the next meeting.

To make the story short, the whites and blacks were brought around to the notion of affirmative action, hingeing on documentation that if the chief was a rogue he'd have to go. The rest was easy, and a positive response to black community's call on the Attorney-General gave them the lift to take more responsibility for their own affairs

A sense of empowerment resulted in such community improvement, particularly in education as an escape hatch to qualify for employment, that it took precedence over the notion of equally qualified the black gets the job. It was an unforeseen outcome of intent and effect, an education for me. Thanks for introducing me to Dr. Williams, Jim H.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here is the Communist blueprint for in filtering the United States. Avidly bought into by King Brown of course.

You Can't Say We Weren't Warned: The Communist Influence & Infiltration of the United States

David Risselada 3 hours ago

In his book "Rules for Radicals," Saul Alinsky writes on the power tactics to be used against a political opponent for the purpose of breaking them down and destroying their reputation. One of these tactics characterizes nearly everything we have experienced since Barack Obama has been inaugurated as he and his administration have successfully used it to blame republicans for everything. The very tactic itself speaks to the wicked nature of Alinsky as a man, and a community organizer. It goes right to the heart in describing the goals of those seeking political power as it virtually eliminates any opposition while painting them out as hypocrites. This tactic is rule # 4 in Alinsky's list of power tactics.

Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian Church can live up to Christianity.

What Alinsky is essentially saying is that an opponent's values can be reinterpreted, or redefined in order to make them appear undesirable; and thus, they can be used to make any opposition appear as if they are "against" whatever initiatives are being sold to the public. This is something Barack Obama and the left wing in general, have done masterfully as they have convinced a huge portion of the population that America is the evil empire and capitalism is oppressive. Barack Obama's reference of our Constitution as being a document that hinders his progress is another good example. He said the Constitution does too much to limit what government can't do, and not enough to describe what it must do on your behalf. Sadly, many Americans who have been educated by radical, communist sympathizing hippies have fallen for this lie and have been conned into demanding "social change."

It is this tactic in and of itself that describes Barack Obama for exactly what he is, a communist. Unfortunately, our left wing controlled education system has virtually ignored the atrocious history of communism as one of aggression and mass genocide, and has successfully painted it out to be one of peace and victimization at the hands of western imperialism. They have successfully done this because the above described tactic is itself, communist in its origin. The Soviet Union, in its efforts to implement worldwide communism, used propaganda to convince many millions that communism was about peace and that the United States was an imperialist, capitalist aggressor looking to rape the world's nations of their natural resources. This is a strategy still being implemented today with the global warming lie.

In other words, the communist were using our number one value against us, and they were doing it very effectively in order to sway the minds of the general public in favor of communism. They were using our very "freedom" as a weapon. During what the left has successfully labeled, and discredited as the McCarthy era, there was a great deal of documentation that was presented before the eighty second congress and the Committee of Un-American Activities. For those that may be unfamiliar with "McCarthyism," Joseph McCarthy was a Republican Senator who claimed that there were two hundred card carrying communists who had infiltrated our government. Recently, we have seen Florida Representative Alan West make the same accusations. The left has since effectively discredited McCarthy as a paranoid who believed there was "a communist behind every corner."

One of these documents has come to be known as the "Communist Peace Offensive," and it was put together by the Committee of Un-American Activities. It thoroughly describes the tactics and strategies of the communist movement back to Lenin and Stalin. One of these strategies was to use America's culture of freedom, our free press and free speech as a tool for spreading communist propaganda. The following is an excerpt from the Communist Peace Offensive.

The Communist leaders are fully aware that propagandists, within or without the United States, have easy access to the American public. There is one radio for every two persons in the United States, and the United States maintains radio freedom both as to broadcasting and the listener's choice of program. The American press is also free. Thus, an American may read or listen to whatever he pleases.

The Communists exploit our freedom with their psychological warfare, which finds expression in the present "peace" offensive. The current Communist "peace" offensive has certain specific immediate aims, which, if realized, can prove of inestimable value to the Soviet war machine.

This propaganda campaign to spread communism around the globe had been so carefully orchestrated that virtually every communist affiliated organization has agreed upon its tactical implementation.

I stand by my original statement Alinsky was a Communist POS!

Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/03/commun...MArQq86C0S74.99

Last edited by italiansxs; 03/09/14 08:58 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Risselada acknowledges Obama's strategies, like them or not, as masterful, deployed with the same precision that Big Business convinces billions that Tide is better than Sunrise.

So now Mr. Risselada says the Communists are coming, not a card played successfully previously with less sophisticated audiences who knew it was fishy regardless of the papers it was wrapped in.

Mr. Risselada says Americans are so lacking in critical judgment, such suckers for anything put before them, that they've been conned into social change. Not only social change but Communist social change.

Mr. Risselada doesn't say who are the sweet talkers who have scooped out the brains of Americans, control the educational system and taken over the government. Ah, Jim. You've lost faith in your country.

But Americans have been warned by Mr. Risselda.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Wrong again King:
I've just lost "faith" in that around half of the residents don't care whether we survive as a Free Nation or become a communist "utopia". Yes he's right that some Americans are lacking in critical judgment and have been conned into " communist social change". It remains to be seen if the insidious encroachment by the commies can be stemmed and then reversed.
The next few years will tell the tale.
Well find out in that time just how many of us still have spines.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Kings favorite economist in the Keynesian fool Krugman !

"Paul Krugman, for example, stated a couple of years ago that it would be good for growth if everyone thought the world was going to be attacked by aliens because that would trigger massive military outlays."

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....He'd be great company in the blind or on a fishing trip. I'd bet on the certainty of his documentation. I think he's fair on what "the spirit" of affirmative action rendered over time. Definitely an improvement on Rush Limbaugh.

....In a world where only ideas have a premium, Dr. Williams would be a good guy to have around.

Kind of a nutshell on the Republicans have no solutions mantra. The considerate liberal may tolerate 'discussion', but Godless society forbid, we're not going to DO any of them. Even if they're just ideas, regular libs don't want him around by a long shot.

I was about to snip ole Rush out for my version of the paperwork reduction act, but I got to wondering. Has Rush ever been thoughtfully refuted on facts or knee jerk demonized on ideology.

I wonder why 'discussion' means, libs get to call the meeting any time they want, and demand to walk away with something.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.