May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (buckstix), 300 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,561
Posts546,341
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

King Brown :" I believe reform-minded Americans will do similarly, including making it universal as all those other countries do."

aahh you can "believe" all you want but the facts,once again, show otherwise !

Majority feels obamacare would NOT have passed today knowing about lies used to pass it they know now..

"Overall, 64 percent of voters dont think the law would have passed if we knew back in 2009 what we know today"

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlic...ow-now-n1794775

Over half of American voters regret that the Affordable Care Act passed, and nearly two-thirds say it never would have -- if we knew then what we know now.

Fifty-five percent of voters wish the health care law had never passed. That includes majorities of young people under age 30 (55 percent) and those with annual household incomes under $50,000 (52 percent), as well as more than a quarter of Democrats (28 percent).

Some 37 percent are glad the law passed.

The poll also finds that by a 51-42 percent margin, people think in the long run the law will be bad for the country.

Overall, 64 percent of voters dont think the law would have passed if we knew back in 2009 what we know today.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee, Dave, with all that how can you lose? What's the bet?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Overall, 64 percent of voters dont think the law would have passed if we knew back in 2009 what we know today.

What the voters think about this law means absolutely nothing in the real world. Their opinions meant nothing when the law was passed and they mean nothing now. ACA was passed by the voters' elected representatives, and those clowns were all drinking the Obama Kool-Aid. Even if the voters had been up in arms at the time ACA was passed, their reps would have passed it anyway. The only solution is to replace the elected reps, and you can't do that retroactively.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now the "low (and no)information" voters are seeing the damage first hand in layoffs,cut hours,loss of doctors and plans.That is the very big difference.

Those congressman that voted and stood by obamacare and all the lies are running scared now,they know its going to cost them the Senate.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought your post would elicit a greater response, Replacement. A prime example of abuse of voters are Canadian conservatives, like the Tea Party, left in the lurch by their party. The party's core is in western Canada, as is its leader the prime minister, and it rode to power pledging faith to social conservatives.

After eight years they've got only lip service from their leader: nothing on abortion, still waiting in vain for return of the noose, still legal for same-sex couples to marry, obscene financial scandals in place of promised probity and the government lost on a landmark case on prostitution.

Replacing elected representatives doesn't appear to be a solution for social conservatives here and there who've been betrayed by ginks who said one thing and did the other.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I thought your post would elicit a greater response, Replacement. A prime example of abuse of voters are Canadian conservatives, like the Tea Party, left in the lurch by their party. The party's core is in western Canada, as is its leader the prime minister, and it rode to power pledging faith to social conservatives.

After eight years they've got only lip service from their leader....

Maybe if one digs deeper, there was civil discussion and conservatives were convinced by libs to retain righteous entitlements. Ya, right.

I think the value of your example has significantly to do with times when folks whine about a US do nothing congress. First, if you can't do something constructive, then do no harm. Second, there does not seem to be the will to legislate by executive action.

Consider yourselves lucky.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
I thought your post would elicit a greater response, Replacement.

I was also expecting more, but it's hard to argue with unassailable truth. Usually.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown

After eight years they've got only lip service from their leader: nothing on abortion, still waiting in vain for return of the noose, still legal for same-sex couples to marry, obscene financial scandals in place of promised probity and the government lost on a landmark case on prostitution.

Replacing elected representatives doesn't appear to be a solution for social conservatives here and there who've been betrayed by ginks who said one thing and did the other.

It's 11:20 pm Monday night and I've had guests and a few glasses. So I need to get to bed and yet my hand smacks my forehead as I read this. I will need a little more time but I will respond to this mis-characterization. King, there is a kernel of truth is what you say but the devil's in the details and you've picked all the wrong details here, purposely I suppose, to give more weight to your thesis. See you later.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

James,

King is much too busy counting how many bubbles are in a bar of soap to be interested in your correction of his dishonesty, oops, I mean intentional mis-characterization.

http://gh.linkedin.com/pub/kingsley-brown/47/b33/379

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Pure Gold: Obama Slams Bush for Expanding Executive Power, Ignoring Congress

Townhall, by Guy Benson

As you may recall, we tend to reserve the "pure gold" descriptor for uniquely egregious instances of Obama hypocrisy. This one surely qualifies. Behold:

I taught constitutional law for ten years. (Liar. That was Black Liberation Theology pretending to be constitutional law.) I take the Constitution very seriously. (Constitutional law and the Constitution are 2 different things.) The biggest problems that were facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all, and thats what I intend to reverse when Im President of the United States of America. (Huzzahs, cheers and some fainting by useful idiots who had no clue to what he was talking about, but heard a pause so knew it was time to huzzah, cheer and faint.)

Here is a man who, as a lame duck president, is openly vowing to thwart, ignore, and bypass Congress whenever possible. Here is a man whose administration has made more than two dozen on-the-fly changes to a law duly passed by Congress, without offering even the faintest sniff of a compelling legal justification for some of the most brazen alterations.

Here is a man who asked for new lawyers when he didn't like his team's legal analysis regarding the limits of his power in unilateral foreign interventions. Here is a man who ordered an executive action for which he'd explicitly stated he didn't possess the authority 15 months earlier. This is a man who leftist law professor Jonathan Turley describes as "the president that Richard Nixon always wanted to be."

Although fully 74 percent of the public understands that Obama's actions betray the manner in which our government is supposed to function, only 60 percent disapprove of them. That gap is filled by hardcore, ends-justify-the-means, undemocratic sycophants. (Undemocratic sycophants, useful idiots, what difference does it make?) And these are the same people who spent 2001 to 2009 screeching about Bush's powers run amok. (The good news is the difference between those 14% who approve of Baracks banana democracy and the 19% who call themselves liberals. The really horrible news is that every single Democratic congress critter is part of that 14% as exhibited by their standing ovation when he said, during the SOTU Address, that he was going to take dictatorial powers and circumvent they, the very people, who were standing up for him.)

I added the BOLD: I would have to agree with King Brown when he says "They all do It" when the statement is confined to Libtards. There's some real whoppers in the above article!! eek

Don't worry the next one will be different.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.