April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jimmy W, Kolar Dickson, Marks_21), 1,189 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,140
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 37 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 36 37
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

KY ---- am waiting on hearing back from yjr various Itakian bbl makers --- perhaps you undrstand haw long that takes.

Kgb ---- I haven't guesstinated a cost on dup. these patterns yet. For those interested in such patterns, call me at the below number.
Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

KY ---- am waiting on hearing back from the various Italian bbl makers --- perhaps you undrstand haw long that takes.

Kgb ---- I haven't guess-timated a cost on dup. these patterns yet. For those interested in such patterns, call me at the below number.
Ken

PS. sorry for the screwed up spelling ---- should have worn my glasses.

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken,
I've found what I beleive is the Lefever rib from the damascus barrels I disassembled a year or so back. It appears to be steel instead of damascus(not damascus). Would this be right?

I haven't found the dollhead piece yet.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
I see no reason for chrome bores unless the barrel maker charges less for them. As far as no tox requirements, guys who shoot five figure guns don't shoot steel, they shoot no tox that is perfectly compatible with old guns and soft barrels.

I don't have much stake in this here project, BUT my $.02...there are various bills before various state legislatures to ban lead shot altogether (including at firing ranges)--there's one in VT right now. The validity of such a measure is another topic altogether, but this threat is looming on the horizon and it is not out of the realm of possibility that a significant number of us will be shooting no-tox for EVERYTHING in the not too distant future...I know I for one have no problem shelling out $2 a shell for bismuth when hunting, but when you consider the affect that would have on the price of a day on the clays range, the affect could be dramatic for a lot of people--so steel or another hard shot material might start to look more and more interesting to a lot of people.

Sidelock
Sidelock

David,
I believe the problem will take care of itself. If non-tox becomes law for everything, the biz-case for reworking existing guns with a bore hard-plating will be favorable. Also, development of additional shot options are more likely if more bans come into effect.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Chuck, Thanks guy. That rib will do just fine as I will want to dup. the exact dimentions and pattern on top of rib. Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

How many of you "Lefever Lovers" are members of the Levever Arms Collector's Assoc. I think not a very high proportion of the respondents on this subject. Now, not being a member is not a crime, but I wonder about the actual interest each poster has when talking about the Ken Hurst new Lefever. I have to "weigh" their comments , knowing that their interest is not as fervent[sp]-----------why do they comment ? I have been collecting these guns over 30 years, but still want to know more. Why would the majority of 29 or so pages of posters not be members of the Levever Arms Collector's Assoc. ? It can't be economics, since almost every poster "talks" about wanting New Lefever.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good point. I have been a member for as long as I can remember, don't do anything for the organization except share my serial numbers with the LACA database, but do have a nearly complete set of newsletters and have offered it for research. All Lefever interested collectors should be members. Bill Murphy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
Ken,
I've found what I beleive is the Lefever rib from the damascus barrels I disassembled a year or so back. It appears to be steel instead of damascus(not damascus). Would this be right?

I haven't found the dollhead piece yet.

I have a top rib from a damascus barreled G, 18,xxx number range, also the bottom rib and a "breech block assy". After I pulled the ribs I cut the barrels off for Zircons testing but left the stubs and breech assembled together, figured might need to sleeve it someday. It has a doll's head on it.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

My space at the Southern SXS Classic is desigbated as Lefever central gathering spot for all interested. Yhe space is next to the LC and Parker spaces. Come one , come all. Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Page 29 of 37 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.