May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Southern Sport, MattH, mel5141, 3 invisible), 1,063 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,526
Posts545,832
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 30 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 29 30
Der Ami #349657 12/22/13 07:46 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Glad you joined the discussion jOe. Always great to have your keen insight added to any subject here.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
canvasback #349661 12/22/13 09:03 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback

Doug, so does adultery and fornication.......decays society I mean. I would suggest way more than homosexuality. In NA we have an epidemic of cheaters, divorce, lack of commitment and all the lying and familial dislocation that goes with that behaviour. Yet that's pretty well accepted as the norm. Oh well we say as we shrug our shoulders when we hear about one more person who screwed their family by their behaviour.

Where is the outrage about that? Where is the talk of unnatural, against the word of God, abominal behaviours, the slippery slope? I suspect the children of adulterers and liars are far more likely to be adulterers and liars (learned behaviour) than the adopted children of gay couples growing up to be homosexual themselves.

James,

There is outrage in any circle of believers, including right here on MisFires.

From crooked governments to lier's, cheats, fornicators, adulterers, child molesters, murderer's etc., the list is endless......our laws in NA are basically taken directly from the Bible, no great revelation.....

As we drift further and further away from God and his commandments man becomes a wanderer, just like Rome in it's plethora of wicked ways, endless.....and you know the result. People today are drifting, not believing and choosing the wrong road, being intelligent, you know the end result.

As man slides down the slippery slope to his own demise God watches. Man always says he wants proof, Man says he has no faith but wants tangible visions and ironclad revelations, therefore he chooses many actions that are against God and mankind will pay dearly when the time comes.....

All those that don't believe will be the first to cry and whine when the end comes.

Doug

PA24 #349664 12/22/13 09:11 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

They will cry and whine just as in the days when God sealed up Noah's Ark.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
PA24 #349667 12/22/13 09:25 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PA24

James,

There is outrage in any circle of believers

Unless of course you are Muslim...

I believe the Koran allows for homosexuality but not adultery...along with beast'iality as long as you don't consume the animals flesh.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: PA24

James,

There is outrage in any circle of believers

Unless of course you are Muslim...

I believe the Koran allows for homosexuality but not adultery...along with beast'iality as long as you don't consume the animals flesh.

jOe, I believe that is just wishful thinking on your part. Or perhaps you were being funny. Hard to know.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
canvasback #349695 12/22/13 12:31 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

....adultery and fornication.......decays society I mean. I would suggest way more than homosexuality. In NA we have an epidemic of cheaters, divorce, lack of commitment and all the lying and familial dislocation that goes with that behaviour. Yet that's pretty well accepted as the norm....

....I could care less what they are doing in their bedrooms. And BTW, there are a lot of heterosexuals who are at least as annoying and at least as destructive to our social mores....

Here I think is the nutshell version. Both decay society, but are championed by progressives. As mentioned, one's a new normal, the other one is under full court press to elevate a small part of the tail to wag the whole dog. Who gets to dictate the definition of tolerance.

I think many folks are ok with the libertarian 'don't ask don't tell/live and let live' concept. But, the progressive mindset has an agenda. One would think a homosexual with a mind could rationalize with their maker, if they recognize one. Why curtail the liberties of others with differing opinions, when those liberties were endowed by a creator.

On a side note. Any animal in a position of authority that abuses kids is morally wrong and a crime. There is no necessary 'religious' adjective.

Der Ami #349700 12/22/13 12:58 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

As I'm typing this the rest of the family is getting ready to attend church in about 1/2 hour. unfortunately we are one of the few families in our neighborhood who attend church regularly.
A visiting pastor from Great Britain told us that less than 10% of the population there attends church on a regular basis a statistic I personally find appalling.
IMO: We will continue to decline as a society until many more people decide to get God and moral beliefs back into their lives. Keep in mind that tearing down religious beliefs has been a long term goal of the communists since the beginning.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Der Ami #349702 12/22/13 01:08 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hillary For Prison 2018
canvasback #349722 12/22/13 04:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why would God care about homosexual sex? It's not producing kids and doesn't hurt anyone, except perhaps those involved. Those people could be honest, kind, charitable, productive and loving. Why does God give a crap about the form of sex they engage in?

Sorry to be so tardy in replying, James. Been kinda busy this morning.

Great question, BTW. As I considered my reply to it lots of things came to mind. Each has validity and substance, IMO.

One could reply that it is a command of God, and that I have no right to question it, just obey. I disagree. We are told to work out our salvation "with fear and trembling". Part of that, to me, is questioning. When we question God, in a reverant way, and seek to better understand his ways, He honors that, I believe. Why someone wants to know is key. If it is to pattern our lives more like Christ, then go for it.

One could also use the example given for marriage, throughout Scriptures, as being modeled after Christ and His church, the church being called the bride of Christ. Revelation 21:2 ....... "as a bride adorned for HER husband" (italics and caps mine).

But, I consider this an understandable and compassionate reason God cares about homosexual sex (and condemns it). He created man, we don't create ourselves. We procreate, not the same thing. He, and He alone, gives life. All the millions that will ever be spent trying to create life will never be successful. It is God given. As that Creator, He loves His creation (man) with a love that we cannot fully comprehend. God loves us all, every one. God loves the vilest sinner with a love that caused Him to send His Son to a cruel death, to shed royal blood as a propitiation for the sins of those He loved (loves). We have a hard time differentiating between the sinner and the sin. He doesn't. God hates the sin ....... he hates homosexuality, adultery, pedophilia, and He hates greed, selfishness and bitter gossip. All are harmful to us as humans.

Notice that all sin, every one that is listed and identified in the Scriptures, is harmful to human beings, either physically, mentally or spiritually. God's relentless love for man required Him to make known to us the things that would harm us. Homosexuality IS harmful to man. These participants that appear to be happy and "gay", are anything but. Their lives are not clothed in the true happiness God desires for us, again, because He loves us that much. Just research the suicide rates, the drug use, the alcoholism rates among homosexuals. Keep in mind it is hard to find accurate data now, because the truth about them is not in keeping with political correctness. But, it's there.

So, in summary, God cares about sexual sin because He, in His infinite wisdom as Creator and Healer, knows that it is not in the best interest of His greatest creation, us. Once we grasp the magnificence of that undying love for us, we want to return it, which is the greatest motivation for obeying His commandments. Simply, we trust Him, and in faith, obey. True happiness follows. smile

Hope your power will soon be restored. You're in my prayers.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 12/22/13 04:23 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Der Ami #349730 12/22/13 05:00 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry, I am 24 hours into the power outage. No way to charge anything so must really conserve iPad and iPhone charge. Will be back when pier comes back. They are saying it may be a day or two more. Christmas plans are up in the air. Getting cold here.

Page 9 of 30 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.