May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Perry M. Kissam), 121 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,814
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30
Der Ami #349636 12/21/13 10:34 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim, I don't take the Bible literally. I do however believe in the Christian ideal of "do unto others...."

I don't share Phil's beliefs, except his right to free speech and religious freedom. Both principles America was founded on. I am outraged his employer has singled him out for espousing his religious viewpoint, one held by tens of millions of other Americans.

And yet, I love to hunt and I love these doubleguns. I suspect my view is as common on this board as yours.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Der Ami #349637 12/21/13 10:37 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh Stan! Just saw that post. That looks like a great day!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
canvasback #349638 12/21/13 10:49 PM
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback

Stan, I get that perhaps Corinth was a bit of a seedy place. But I am talking about in a broader sense with religion in today's society. And here's what I mean:

Pretty easy to get a bunch of strong opinions here about the abomination of homosexuality. But I don't hear much about.....say.....adultery. Which may involve the sex act but at its heart is a lie, a betrayal of the worst kind to most people. It would be much easier for me to be outraged at the behaviour of an adulterer than that of two homosexuals in a committed relationship.

To me there is a pretty strong level of hypocrisy when I hear/read the outrage about homosexuals and hear little about the outrage of adultery. Where is the public shaming of those who engage in that behaviour.

I agree completely. That's the hypocrisy I mentioned in my earlier post. Sin is sin. Any sin separates us from Him, and we ALL have sinned. Christians aren't perfect, as the old saw goes, they're just forgiven. There's a difference in sinning because we in a moment of weakness fail to walk in His strength and sin, compared to blatant sin where we refuse to acknowledge that a persistent behavior on our part is sin, and in rebellion, we continue in it. None of us, after coming to the knowledge of His saving grace and accepting His sacrifice for us will maintain perfection and never sin again. But, we abhor those things that He abhors, and strive to live a life that is pleasing to Him who died for us.

Paul said it best in Phillippians 3:12-14 "Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended, but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Der Ami #349641 12/21/13 11:43 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Okay Stan, I like that. So here some variations that gets back to my original question about the issues of sex being sinful.

I am assuming "fornication" in that context is about sex between non married people. Why does God even care about that. If, as you suggest, the Bible is to be taken literally, as came up in the discussion about bacon with George, it can't be about the possibility of children, because that can be dealt with today. In the sense of two people, living together, having children, just not being "married" according to church practice.

Why would God care about homosexual sex? It's not producing kids and doesn't hurt anyone, except perhaps those involved. Those people could be honest, kind, charitable, productive and loving. Why does God give a crap about the form of sex they engage in?

canvasback #349642 12/21/13 11:57 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why does God give a crap about the form of sex they engage in?

James,

One thing leads to another, it never ends....then the queers want to adopt children and raise them which twists the minds of the young and the fertile minded children......

Then the queers want to change the children's fairy tales to read something different than Momma Bear and Pappa Bear which further twists the young fertile minds. It goes on and on and on and on.....

Bottom line is, all this slowly decays society as we know it.

God created us and was smart enough to see down the road, all the way down the road, because he made the road, all of it....."Man shall not lay down with Man, and Woman shall not Lay down with Woman"...........PLAIN AND SIMPLE............

Doug

canvasback #349643 12/21/13 11:59 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why would God care about homosexual sex? It's not producing kids and doesn't hurt anyone, except perhaps those involved. Those people could be honest, kind, charitable, productive and loving. Why does God give a crap about the form of sex they engage in?

As a Christian I was always taught that you don't question God's Word. As a child of God you just trust Him and do what He says. Just like when you were a kid and your Mammy and Pappy told you not to stick your finger in a light socket. Bet you did it anyway right? Bet you felt it all the way down to your next generation too. Should have trusted your Pappy right?

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Der Ami #349645 12/22/13 12:06 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you're discussing God in the context of Christianity, he's the architect. He should care because maybe he figures square pegs don't fit in round holes. The situation of questioning God caring seems more in the context of an equal to jaw with on missfires.

Der Ami #349646 12/22/13 12:41 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig and JRB, i suspect that over the last 1500 to 2000 years there have been quite a number of committed Christian theologians who thought long and hard about God's words. About what exactly they meant, in what context they should be taken etc. As George said, I won't know until I'm dead, but God gave me a brain to use. So I use it. I don't think He'll be mad about that.

Unquestioning acceptance of what men in positions of religious authority say.....not for me. How did that work out for all the abused kids.

Doug, so does adultery and fornication.......decays society I mean. I would suggest way more than homosexuality. In NA we have an epidemic of cheaters, divorce, lack of commitment and all the lying and familial dislocation that goes with that behaviour. Yet that's pretty well accepted as the norm. Oh well we say as we shrug our shoulders when we hear about one more person who screwed their family by their behaviour.

Where is the outrage about that? Where is the talk of unnatural, against the word of God, abominal behaviours, the slippery slope? I suspect the children of adulterers and liars are far more likely to be adulterers and liars (learned behaviour) than the adopted children of gay couples growing up to be homosexual themselves.

I mean, don't get me wrong. It seems pretty unnatural and revolting to me. But is current Christianity's support of the biblical ban about the act itself or about the behaviour outside the bedroom that normally seems to be the issue. I think lots of them behave like assholes. And I don't like it. Their public behaviour. But I could care less what they are doing in their bedrooms. And BTW, there are a lot of heterosexuals who are at least as annoying and at least as destructive to our social mores.

My posting is a bit disjointed tonight. Transformers are regularly exploding all around my neighbourhood and the power (therefore heat) has been off for quite some time. And it's wintertime in Canada. Ohhhh just had a very large tree come down. Ice buildup.

PA24 #349650 12/22/13 02:03 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Didn't you guys hear ?

Queers can't help they're queer they were born that way.

Funny how in the last 10 or 15 years homosexuals want to be known as a race of people and our stupid elected officials want to grant them these rights so they can get their vote.

Maybe Darmin was right....

canvasback #349651 12/22/13 02:11 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I suspect the children of adulterers and liars are far more likely to be adulterers and liars (learned behaviour) than the adopted children of gay couples growing up to be homosexual themselves.

That kind of twisted thinking is why we're where we're at today....

Why not let murders and rapist adopt children it's no different.

Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.