May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Chantry, welder, Hammergun, HalfaDouble), 364 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,807
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30
Der Ami #349626 12/21/13 09:51 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Geo.,

We agree that redemption is possible up until that last moment of life. But, repentance and forgiveness is still necessary for it to occur.

Glad you asked about the dietary structures. grin

Act 10:10-15 is especially pertinent I think. "Then he became very hungry and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth. In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. And a voice came to him, "Rise, Peter, kill and eat".
But Peter said, "Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean."
And a voice spoke to him again the second time, "What God has cleansed you must not call common."

God, on that day, pronounced all animals and birds as cleansed for our consumption. I loves me some bacon, wropped 'round a duck breast! laugh

All my best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Originally Posted By: italiansxs
You're wrong Geo: If you don't condone homosexuality as Phil R clearly doesn't then what's wrong with standing up and saying just that? Your "not signing petitions" is tacit approval of GLAAD and all it stands for. Complacency like yours has resulted in the mess we have today.

What on earth has Obama got to do with Phil Robertson's quotes in GQ and his problems with A&E, Jim? I have to admit I have no idea what GLAAD is, but if you say I'm tacitly or otherwise approving of whatever it is I expect you'd be wrong about that too.

I think (that's an opinion) that Phil was wrong to pass judgment on homosexuals and others that they were going to Hell and leaving out the part about redemption. How's he know?

That may be the belief of his denomination (Church of Christ), but it is not my belief. Hard to argue religious matters because it's all based in Faith...Geo

You're as good at dancing around the facts as the expert King Brown. If you don't know what GLAAD is you're basically ignorant in regard to the Duck Dynasty situation and shouldn't be posting on this subject to begin with. Go get educated and then come back and post.

Last edited by italiansxs; 12/21/13 09:53 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Der Ami #349628 12/21/13 09:58 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

My opinion:

If, in that last millisecond after he pulled the trigger and before the bullet entered his brain, Hitler repented he was forgiven.

If he can be forgiven who can't be?

When Phil states the Bible condemns homosexuality he is right. It also condemns gluttony, drunkeness, lust, adultery, fornication and greed. Not going into details but I have found some of those states irresistable during my fifty eight years. Jesus doesn't seem to talk about homosexuality. Jesus does spend a lot of time talking about taking care of the poor, the widows, the children. Hypocrisy seems to particularly bother him.

Phil had a right to say that the Bible states that homosexuality is a sin. A&E had a right to fire him. I have a right to contact Bass Pro and some others on the list and tell them how I feel about Phil being fired and their continued advertisement on A&E

End of my opinion.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 12/21/13 10:01 PM.

I am glad to be here.
canvasback #349629 12/21/13 10:02 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Sitting here in the dark with my iPad. In the middle of an ice storm and the power is out. I expect it will be for a while.

I found your post quite interesting Stan. I'm curious, and I'm really not trying to start something, just explore it, but as you noted, four of the seven sins mentioned are of a sexual nature. What is with the focus on sex?

Corinth was noted for sexual sins, canvasback. In ch. 5 Paul addresses it specifically. This entire book is one of the letters from Paul to the new church at Corinth, and addresses particular problems there. There were even temple prostitutes.

Some would say that since it was written to the church at Corinth it doesn't apply to us today. If it didn't, the Holy Spirit would not have seen fit to include it in the Bible we have today. It's no accident that it, and many other letters (epistles), are there for us. Again, James 1:17 is vitally important .......... "with whom (God) there is no variation or shadow of turning". What applied to the new believers at Corinth in the first century applies to believers today.

Thanks, SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
....What on earth has Obama got to do with Phil Robertson's quotes in GQ and his problems with A&E....

.....I think (that's an opinion) that Phil was wrong to pass judgment on homosexuals and others that they were going to Hell and leaving out the part about redemption. How's he know?....

The support from this administration has never made it easier to bash Christianity, so I'd think Phil's wading through a time where his enemies are emboldened.

I think though that the first comment kind of answers the second. If Phil were asked a question, and answered how he thought (opinion), why is it now concluded that he passed judgement on anyone.

His words can be interpreted any way any one might see fit, but you'd think Phil 'knows' because his opinion works for him, and apparently a bunch of other folks.

James M #349631 12/21/13 10:14 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

[/quote]You're as good at dancing around the facts as the expert King Brown. If you don't know what GLAAD is you're basically ignorant in regard to the Duck Dynasty situation and shouldn't be posting on this subject to begin with. Go get educated and then come back and post. [/quote]

What you're good at Jim is dancing away from the issue we're discussing. You do not say anything about Obama in the facts you present that I do not agree with, but what does that have to do with Phil Robertson's predicament.

I actually agree with most of what you post Jim, but I draw the line at your bigotry. You may not dismiss me from any discussion I choose to participate in on this forum. I still have no idea what GLAAD is and I'm not bothering to investigate...Geo

Der Ami #349632 12/21/13 10:23 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm frankly have been surprised there has been any disagreement with Phil's statements on this forum. I would have thought as a fellow hunter and Christian which I believe most of us are on this would have been a "no brainer" .
I guess I've learned to not take anything for granted.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Der Ami #349633 12/21/13 10:27 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

George, GLAAD is the main lobby group for gays, lesbian, transgendered etc.

Stan, I get that perhaps Corinth was a bit of a seedy place. But I am talking about in a broader sense with religion in today's society. And here's what I mean:

Pretty easy to get a bunch of strong opinions here about the abomination of homosexuality. But I don't hear much about.....say.....adultery. Which may involve the sex act but at its heart is a lie, a betrayal of the worst kind to most people. It would be much easier for me to be outraged at the behaviour of an adulterer than that of two homosexuals in a committed relationship.

To me there is a pretty strong level of hypocrisy when I hear/read the outrage about homosexuals and hear little about the outrage of adultery. Where is the public shaming of those who engage in that behaviour.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Der Ami #349634 12/21/13 10:30 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Only way to find out for sure about the stuff we're discussing is to die and have it all revealed. I ain't that curious...Geo

Der Ami #349635 12/21/13 10:30 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll bet my last tube of face paint that Phil agrees that, as long as there is life, there is the possibility of repentance and reconciliation.

No more chances for these babies, tho'. They were reconciled to a grill, and to my palate. wink

SRH

Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.