April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (bushveld, graybeardtmm3, NTaxiarchis, Chantry, ClapperZapper, 1 invisible), 436 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,217
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

"what is tight? what is on face?"

When I read the title I thought of a girl I once knew....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wait a minute: What if he heated the chamber ends of the barrels? eek wink
I can't believe anyone who seriously deals in doubles would believe that scenario.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

joe: now that is funny and clever...we need more humor and creativity here...an less bush wackin an back stabin and ob bashin...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

an as to "what is tight? what is on face?"

I looked in to hit. ah listened to alternative definitions...

but have decided that for my purposes, it still means the same old thing:

- tight means, as in when gun is fully assembled, it locks up tight when it is in the ready to fire position.

- on face means, as in there aint no day light between the breech end of the barrels and the vertical mating flat of the receiver.

Last edited by ed good; 12/14/13 04:11 PM.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

an the tightness or looseness of a gun with its forend not in place is an indication of wear at the hinge pin...but just because there is wear at the hinge pin, does not mean the gun is off face. wear at the hinge pin is just that: wear at the hinge pin. so long as the gun is tight and on face when fully assembled and in the firing position one should go ahead and enjoy shooting the gun. once it becomes loose or off face when fully assembled and in the firing position, then it is time to seek professional help to determine if the gun needs or justifies repair.

Last edited by ed good; 12/14/13 04:13 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If the forend is the only thing keeping a gun "tight" it won't stay that way long. Once a gun develops play, it gets worse faster and faster.

I once had an English 28-bore that was tight with the forend on. I planned to have it put back on face but I figured it would be okay to shoot a couple rounds of skeet like it was... I was wrong. In that short session, the gun became loose even with the forend on.... its a slippery slope.

I bought a gun from ed good once.... an AYA. It too was a little loose and off face. But ed stood by his return policy and let me return it for a full refund.

Adam

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

not all guns are the same design...and how one approaches issues is most important.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bullshit.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

how one hides defects and has a bogus return policy is whats "most important" !

You should return that guys money AND shipping,you know damn well the gun is loose after all as you say " I know what I am doing" and the buyer better or else...................

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Adam Stinson

I bought a gun from ed good once.... an AYA. It too was a little loose and off face. But ed stood by his return policy and let me return it for a full refund.

Adam

There ya go....one happy customer. cool

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.