April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Marks_21, rwarren, Hammergun, Replacement, SKB), 217 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,052
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think our variance is that I favour universality, coverage for everyone, as in nearly all developed countries.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I think our variance is that I favour universality, coverage for everyone, as in nearly all developed countries.

"If you think health care is expensive now,just wait until you see what it costs when its free" !!

P.J. O Rourke

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

I may be wrong, but I'm under the impression that you have a fuel tax that pays for a good part of your health care. I personally do not care for the Canadian model of health care, but I do like the fact that everyone who fills up their tank, pays.

Do Canadian liberals have any reservations about the unfair penalty against the poor, or those who do not have the luxury of ignoring one particularly crippling cost of living. A look at ocare would show anything, but universality.

Sidelock
Sidelock

One of the things Canada found in trying to improve the system, Dave, is that throwing money at it doesn't work, it doesn't do what the thinkers think. Canada must get past the public only approach and meld it with private as the better systems in Europe, including France.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know what you mean by unfair penalty against the poor. My liberal view is that Canada could do better in narrowing the gap between the poor and middle class by improvements to the educational system. In Nova Scotia the Indians run their educational system with better results than the majority white---87.7 per cent graduating from high school.

Canada was last in early childhood development in a 2008 UNICEF study of 25 countries. Developing a universal, affordable and educational daycare system would strengthen Canada enormously for the highly competitive years ahead. Australia is making tremendous progress and the US state of Georgia, of all places, this year started a star system for daycare quality.

Canada and the US are rich countries. They can afford universal programs to make their communities healthier, happier, more competitive in home and world markets, with less welfare and dependance, food stamps, dilly-dallying. Slovenia, Norway, Portugal, Japan, Australia, Sweden, New Zealand are setting standards in these respects; we shouldn't be too far behind.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can't make lazy people study harder or work harder.....and you can't make a dumb person smart.

People aren't equal for a number of reasons....and its patently unfair to those who work harder to subsidize those lazier.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know what you mean by unfair penalty against the poor....

In the US, the income tax revenue to pay for stuff the US can afford result in a very uneven burden on upper income class taxpayers. The lower 50ish percent of income tax filers do not support the nation with any revenue. At the start of this year, this admin demanded the largest single income tax increase in this nations history, and there're calls for more.

Doesn't your system tax the poor at exactly the same rate as your richest Canadian friends. That, as an outsider, seems unfair to me. I was just concerned that burden might affect the poor's ability pursue education improvements, affordable day care, or other programs to make them healthier, happier and less dependent.

I wonder if the Canadian left wing is successful in dismissing lower income folks cost of living concerns. Sure conservative in office reap the benefits of that revenue too, but there doesn't seem to be any lib strategy to politically capitalize by demonizing. Crushing the poor is acceptable sometimes?

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Canada and the US are rich countries. They can afford universal programs to make their communities healthier, happier, more competitive in home and world markets, with less welfare and dependance, food stamps, dilly-dallying."

Census Bureau: Welfare Recipients Now Outnumber Full-Time Workers…
Read more at http://patriotupdate.com/2013/10/census-...99LKje0hLqc0.99

Work harder everyone, millions of Obamabots are depending on you.

Americans who were recipients of means-tested government benefits in 2011 outnumbered year-round full-time workers, according to data released this month by the Census Bureau.
They also out-numbered the total population of the Philippines

There were 108,592,000 people in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2011 who were recipients of one or more means-tested government benefit programs, the Census Bureau said in data released this week. Meanwhile, according to the Census Bureau, there were 101,716,000 people who worked full-time year round in 2011. That included both private-sector and government workers.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

As a Social Security recipient I'm a beneficiary of that so-called "Government Benefit" program and the mere labeling of it as a "benefit" makes my and most retiree's blood boil. Most of us worked and paid into Social Security for over 40 years and as far as I'm concerned receiving retirement funds from that program is a right and not something someone or the government is giving me as a benefit.
Obamacare is nothing more than a wealth re-distribution program that's not only unaffordable but unenforceable. As a Conservative I'm thru protesting against it and I'll just stand by and let it fall apart as it bound to do.
I'm beginning to think Ayn Rand had it right in Atlas Shrugged.
Let all the competent working people in this Country just basically go an strike and let the leeches shift for themselves.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bush had at most a week to prepared for Katrina, and the Rat Governor of Louisiana dithered for days trying to decide to ask the Federal Government to take charge.

Obama was campaigning on his Health Scheme since at least 2007, and had over three years after it passed into law to build it, and his rinky dink website won't work, and that is just the tip of the Ice Berg on the disaster.

Leftism is truly a Mental Disorder.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.