April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toby Barclay, canvasback, Longknife, Tim in PA), 645 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,484
Posts545,259
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

I don't know King. I'm not too impressed with the Mi'kmaq out your way these days. Suing the Federal government to ensure the status quo on their 85% on welfare status combined with the planned, armed insurrection this week in NB near Rexton.

I'm a little tired of paying the freight for the majority of them, while their corrupt leaders milk the system, screw their own people and blame us for EVERYTHING.

Don't forget. I'm from Winnipeg and hunt the prairies. I've seen this stuff up close and personal for a very long time.

And as far as you being the great grandson of a blood Mi'Kmac, if your family has been in Canada long enough, who isn't?

They don't like to admit it but there is no such thing as a "Pur Laine" Quebecker. DNA testing will prove they ALL have native blood in them. It's the same out west.

Last edited by canvasback; 10/18/13 09:33 PM. Reason: spelling

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I live with native peoples, welcomed into their communities, invited to their AA meetings although I escaped alcohol's claws, go to their sweat lodges, hunt and fish with them, work with them in social and resource development, break bread with them in our home.

Some go to jail as some of my white friends, do their time like my white friends and come home. Here the laws are often more lenient for killing a man than killing a moose out of season. Craig, I've seen more common decency among Indians than I have seen exhibited here by some members.

I here you King, but I wasn't thinking about your friends and others you respect and choose to be with. I was asking about unlocking the jail doors across Canada until enough walk out to meet some quota. They don't just pow wow with anyone, but have one way tickets to live in your neck of the woods.

I fully understand if you'd have reservations, and wouldn't be surprised if things get too close for comfort you would prefer to send them back to the reservation. Now that wasn't nice of me, but the fact remains, they would be criminals regardless of race or feelings.

Last edited by craigd; 10/18/13 11:28 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

What you say is true, James. You make the point that we're all of colour. I heard Castro say the same thing in one of his first speeches in Cuba. It doesn't change the fact that we've treated our Indians badly. We're struggling to this day to live up to our treaties. Many still live in wretched conditions.

Violence in New Brunswick visits less on the Canadian ethos than governance which has lost respect for our country overseas to the point of being loathed where we always had friends. Africa now votes en masse against us in the UN. Government picks for the Senate embarrasses us more than Rexton.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I felt the question absurd: my opinion of releasing prisoners so jails reflect racial representation of the population. If that's what you meant by quota.

It could be done without tearing apart the country. Canada is changing the law that fills jails with persons convicted of relatively minor narcotic offences.

A pecking order of majorities over minorities is a recognized fact of life, seen more often perhaps in dispensing justice. True justice would open cells.

And there's Muhammed Ali's answer to two black boys in Atlanta who asked if he was going to prison because he said he had nothing against the Viet Cong:

"There are no rich men in the jails of America."

Keeping the wild dogs locked up and letting go the low-grade felons probably wouldn't do as much damage as Wall Street and the ginks in Washington have already done to the working men and women of America.

Last edited by King Brown; 10/19/13 01:07 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I felt the question absurd....

....True justice would open cells....

....Keeping the wild dogs locked up and letting go the low-grade felons probably wouldn't do as much damage....

My thought too King. 'Far more in jails than their numbers should warrant' seems prejudicially absurd.

Can't help but notice though, not in my neighborhood and there still might be too many wild dogs locked up to meet some quota. I think laws and enforcement should be color blind. I wonder how many poor women and children are tortured and murdered around the southern US border so that a few folks of the proper sort can enjoy 'relatively minor narcotic offences' at progressive parties.

Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

What you say is true, James. You make the point that we're all of colour. I heard Castro say the same thing in one of his first speeches in Cuba. It doesn't change the fact that we've treated our Indians badly. We're struggling to this day to live up to our treaties. Many still live in wretched conditions.

Violence in New Brunswick visits less on the Canadian ethos than governance which has lost respect for our country overseas to the point of being loathed where we always had friends. Africa now votes en masse against us in the UN. Government picks for the Senate embarrasses us more than Rexton.

King, you need to go to bed some time! LOL This board gets addictive.

I wouldn't argue for a second that "we" treated them badly for a very long time. But by "we" I don't mean me and I don't mean any government, provincial or federal that I had a hand in voting for or against. And I'm 55 years old.

The current disaster is locking them into, by federal law, a cycle of dependence. The current disaster is pretending they were the "noble savage, steward of nature", that current PC thinking encourages. The current disaster is imagining that there is some ability to make up for the terrible treatment of them 120 years ago, 100 years ago, 80 and 60 years ago, by creating a privileged class of citizen for people born 40 and 20 years ago and today.

The horrible word "assimilation" doesn't mean interbreeding until all genetic trace of them disappears. It means allowing them to live as free and full citizens of Canada with all the rights and freedoms afforded to any citizen. It means equality of opportunity, not outcome. It means ridding our country of the divisive notion of a special class of citizens.

And it also means holding them accountable to the same sets of laws as the rest of us.

I have no interest in being friends with the corrupt governments in Africa whose representatives at the UN you refer to. We have been the patsy to dictators on that continent for too long, our largess stolen to line their pockets. Our foreign policy should reflect a showering of benefits to those countries that embrace the notions of equality and rule of law. Period.

The violence in Rexton has nothing to do with anything but the sense of entitlement of a small group of people there. No more and no less. Linking it to foreign policy or wayward and corrupt senators is ridiculous.

And please note, it has been the east, Quebec and the Maritimes, most opposed to any type of Senate reform. It has been the Liberals most opposed to any type of senate reform. And it has been the party that forms the current government, the CPC and it's earlier incarnation as Reform, that has pushed longest and hardest to effect sensible change in that august body. It is now revolting to listen to the Left, the Liberals, the NDP, the media crow about the problems with an "I told you so" attitude. The hypocrisy would be stunning if it weren't for the consistency that the left and their media lap dogs do this sort of thing.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

No group in recent history has been treated worse that the Jews. However they are not off in some corner sniveling about it. They got back on their feet and began moving ahead again.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
No group in recent history has been treated worse that the Jews. However they are not off in some corner sniveling about it. They got back on their feet and began moving ahead again.
Jim

Absolutely on the mark!

They are an exceptional people.

But sadly, American Jews overwhelmingly vote Democratic... in the false belief that Republicans = right wingers and right wingers = "fascists"

GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Jews earn like Episcopalians, and vote like Puerto Ricans," said Milton Himmelfarb.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh I'm sure King Brown can come up with a satisfactory reason why the Jews were able to recover from the most despicable form of discrimination ever endured by any race but the Native Indians and Blacks can't "recover" after 50 plus years of being given preferential treatment. But then again he'd better be cautious or his response could be construed as racially biased.

Oh and on second thought he'll probably duck answering this directly as he does every other question he can't truthfully answer. To admit the truth would expose the fallacy of being a Libtard!
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 10/19/13 10:48 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.