April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (LeFusil, barrel browner, Ducks Rx, KDGJ, JBG, 1 invisible), 406 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,206
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Geo. Newbern #340376 10/04/13 04:05 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

"We" are the people, Craig, and in my neck of the woods we direct provincial policy, just as we lobbied to get rid of the gun registry. We're in the midst of a provincial election, and here's our op-ed in Saturday's provincial newspaper of record, as I mentioned earlier. We don't ask, we don't wait for crumbs to fall like charity from government and industry. They come to us because we own the land. Without responsible activism, we deserve what we get.

"Nova Scotia fell from leader to laggard in the Maritimes by not sticking it to political leaders and their acolytes arriving on our doorsteps promising solutions to seemingly intractable problems if elected. We should be telling them their earnestness means nothing without citizens being involved actively in solving their own problems. It’s perfectly stupid to think politicians have all the answers. It’s time to turn governance on its head.

"Here’s proof it can be done. Nova Scotia is becoming the greenest forest constituency in the world because woodlot owners in eastern Nova Scotia persuaded the government to adopt its acclaimed sustainability program to meet its forestry objectives. The Province said it was “the only solution” for sustainable forests and financially sustainable programs after reviewing 600-plus recommendations and an expert panel that fell apart in acrimonious debate. The Province and federal government through Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation are joining as partners. The mills and Nova Scotia Power are lining up to contribute.

"Next month the Nova Scotia Landowners and Forest Fibre Producers Association (NSLFFPA) anticipates signing a contract with the Province to take over Cape Breton Island private lands management---silviculture, sustainable certification, monitoring, extension, roads etc as a one-stop service--- in a voluntary pilot program with North Inverness Forest Management and Baddeck Valley Wood Producers as equal partners. The Province plans to extend similar regional landowner-directed programs across the province once the kinks are worked out on Cape Breton Island, possibly within 18 months.

"Next May the international Rainforest Alliance will give global recognition to the Association by awarding it the prestigious Sustainable Standard-Setter Award, the only one given each year globally to a community-based organization, for its “vision to make sustainability a priority and the dynamism to make it a reality. Its continued success protecting both the environment and the interests of woodlot owners has made the NSLFFPA a sterling example to the industry”

"All achievements of the spirit without top-down bureaucratic or technocratic interference, and a radical institutional change in governance from simple application of demonstrated cooperation, competence and imagination. Imagine the dividends of applying the formula to health care!

"Kingsley Brown is an Antigonish County woodlot owner and sustainability coordinator of the Nova Scotia Landowners and Forest Fibre Producers Association."

(I'll be wearing my formal Highland dress, clan Lamont, at the big gala presentations at the American Museum of Natural History in NYC next May. Maybe I'll see you there!)

King Brown #340378 10/04/13 04:14 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
"(I'll be wearing my formal Highland dress, clan Lamont, ... in NYC next May. Maybe I'll see you there!)

First, all good and true Scots should disown this dude.

Second, if he steps onto an NYC street in a kilt, he may be:

(a) Solicited in the Village (b) Killed almost anywhere, (c) Eligible for federal aid, or... (d) Elected mayor!

Geo. Newbern #340380 10/04/13 04:25 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

bb: an what pray tell do you consider to be the attributes of a good and true scot?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
King Brown #340383 10/04/13 04:50 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
"We" are the people, Craig, and in my neck of the woods we direct provincial policy....

....We don't ask, we don't wait for crumbs to fall like charity from government and industry. They come to us because we own the land. Without responsible activism, we deserve what we get....

Good stuff King, but a bit ago you had mentioned that 'no one can possibly know how it will turn out. Nothing is safe or certain'. Yet around your neck of the woods, you endeavor to persevere. One would hope foreign policy could be a bit more proactive than autopilot pacifism.

Sorry, can't make the big NY shindig, but safe travels. I remember your article, more good stuff. Originally, I was concerned that your group goal of returning the land to it's original state before it was over run by europeans was going to affect you. But, since you're the boss, were you able to work out a vinyard exception. smile

Bilious Bob #340385 10/04/13 04:59 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob, stay around. I just got in from the vineyard, dragging my ass, and you provided the best laugh of the day!

PS: the clan was earlier wiped out by the Campbells. Little wonder, the clan's motto in English is to neither destroy or despise!

craigd #340387 10/04/13 05:21 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The world's not going to hell, Craig. Keep cool. I hope Misfires' doomsdayers are keeping tally for the first Newtown anniversary of how much the US shooting fraternity has been damaged or destroyed by it. Remember: Obama would take a country in love with its guns to hell and blue ruin.

Geo. Newbern #340391 10/04/13 05:31 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah yes, King.

Sadly, such pacifists were not suited to The Battle of Culloden.

In which my clan helped obliterate the Mac Donalds - as well as yours.

(watch yer arse!)

Geo. Newbern #340404 10/04/13 08:02 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

an bb, what clan mightin dat be?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #340409 10/04/13 09:18 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good question, Ed. I think the treacherous Campbells were facing the Camerons, in the place of honour on the right of Prince Charlie's line. I don't know who were opposite the MacDonalds toward the middle of the line. Maybe Bob is not referring to Culloden but the Campbell betrayal and massacre of the MacDonalds. BB is Bob Campbell?

Geo. Newbern #340413 10/04/13 10:04 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

As a member of Clan Donnachaidh, this sideline into the history of Scottish treachery is somewhat interesting as the most treacherous person In my life is a MacDonald. Would be happy to slip a dirk between his ribs.

Keith, I hear your cry and would have responded sooner but A was working and B it's not worth pounding that hard on this. King is, I believe, playing the newsman and describing events and circumstances, with a bias of course, rather than advocating. And he's not far off, IMHO. The problem lies in that he is reflecting/reporting on a general and willful ignorance that is based on wishful thinking rather than fact based rationality.

Sometimes I despair at the state of our society. The wish to be supported / coddled by government till the end. To not hear the bad news because if you don't listen, it must not be happening.

And yet everyday, I meet someone, like my son's hockey coach today, that reminds me that you don't have to be over 50 and voted on the right all your life to know what's up and what's down.

The facts are clear about what's been happening lately. Obama and his foreign policy, Iran's effort at creating the bomb, Putin's behaviour, Syria etc. History will prove Keith correct and it won't take long. And in three years, there will be a new President. Obama will be a bad memory like Carter and America will move on. Look who arrived on the scene after 4 years of Carter. Not bad, I'd say.

My advice to those opposed to Obama and the left is don't let purity of cause get in the way. Mitt Romney would have been far better than Obama and he's not President because all the right couldn't get behind him. Watched this scenario play out in Canada my whole adult life until 2004 or so.

This post may seemed to have strayed from the topic of nukes but it makes sense to me......things are the shits, Obama is useless and our backs up as a result. I'm saying stay focused on the problem and it will get better.

The dogs bark but the caravan moves on!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.