Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Quote:
"How will you give King cover for that lie Jim? Will you continue to give him cover for all of the lies he tells us, because I am going to keep right on confronting him for each one."

Keith:
I thought you knew me well enough to recognize I give NO ONE cover here. However; after hearing that "annulment saga" from my wife I think the Catholic Church is just about able to overlook anything these days including what once were considered heretical beliefs. Apparently putting money where your mouth is doesn't hurt the cause either.
The Catholic hierarchy certainly has NO PROBLEM with illegals coming here and breaking the law as long as they still fill the church's coffers. I had a very public exchange with them over just this issue.
My sole reason for even bringing this up is my total disgust with the Catholic church which as near as I can tell has no moral principles at all anymore. Just look at it's recent "relaxation" in its stance regarding homosexuality. I was taught from childhood that homosexuality was an abomination and practitioners were destined for Hell. I guess that was an over exaggeration.
I would not be surprised to hear that their stand on abortion is the next are to experience "relaxation.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim, I can certainly understand and even agree with some of your observations about the Catholic church. I have no doubt that parts of it have been corrupted by outside influences that wish to undermine it. This type of corruption is possible in any organization that is populated by imperfect man. The stories about the very rich being able to use money to influence annulment decisions is nothing new. I have long thought that there was probably an intentional Trojan Horse type of invasion by pedophiles and homosexuals who sought the priesthood both as a cover for their perversions, and to do damage to the church from within. They certainly did do damage, but they did not destroy it. We can criticize the Church for falling prey to such internal corruption, but we have the same corruption by liberal sickos going on in every facet of society. The players, fans, and coach of Penn State are even now feeling the punishment for the sick crimes of Jerry Sandusky even though none were there or in any way participated in, or tolerated his crimes. You can quit the church, but you can't quit the world. So you either fight the dishonesty and perversion, or accept it. I no longer accept the dishonesty of King Brown.

I have not seen a relaxation in the church's stance on homosexuality in my church. I realize that the Anglicans, Episcopalians, and other Protestants have traversed down that path though. Ruth Bader Ginsberg will soon be performing the first homosexual wedding by a Supreme Court Justice, and has another planned. I am disgusted that the Catholic Church does, as you say, look upon illegal immigration as merely supporting human rights and dignity. Some of that is understandable when you realize that these people want a better life. But there is a legal way to do it and there are things that can be done without bringing every poor person on earth to the U.S. My pastor made the case a few years ago that the crime was less than a stop sign violation. I was not the only parishoner, in an area that was experiencing high unemployment, who stopped after Mass to voice my opinion about that, and he has not broached the subject again. I sent my pastor an effective letter and had a subsequent discussion several years ago when he began exhorting the congregation to pray for more gun control. I'm happy to say I got him to reverse his position. He has not yet taken my invitation to go shooting, but I still keep the offer open.

I know you aren't one to give cover to a Libtard Jim. That's why it shocked me when you gave King cover for the lie he told us about his father. I can understand from the context of your personal disagreements with the Catholic church, but it almost seemed like you'd forgotten all that King dishonestly says here in order to advance the exact opposite of what conservatives like you and I believe. My opinion of you has not changed. I'm glad you're here and I appreciate all that you do to show everyone what the anti-gunners and Libtards are trying to pull. My opinion of King has not changed either. Dishonesty is not civility, and King is as dishonest as anyone who ever posted here.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
...A rapidly changing world is hard for a lot of us to hoist aboard. What surprised me....
...is that nothing was learned from why the Clintons survived such egregious behaviour. Some critics kept at it so obsessively that publics just got sick of it.

I don't mind change here King, but is it for your ideology or the better. Most any violent crime by a black person is now socially acceptable, along with the thug culture and destruction of the family. All issues are directly, or pork attached to entitlement. Change for the better?

Sick of what, klinton had a whole batch of grade school and high school kids thinking, with the help of your media, that the time had come to be open about and experiment with oral sex. Mix in his mouthpieces d.shalala and j.elders and the big advance in education was, self gratification. Can't gloss over the 'progress'.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Keith:
These recent remarks by the Pope may not directly condone homosexuality but they certainly don't condemn it either.
Please note that last paragraph in this link regarding divorce. Today the ONLY way you can stay a member of the Catholic church and receive the sacraments is to get your marriage annulled as my wife's friend has done. It can be done with the right amount of influence which usually includes serious dollar donations. If this isn't two faced I don't know what is.
Also let me make myself clear:
I don't accept the explanation that King's father was allowed to join the Catholic church with his heretical views which apparently he made no attempt to conceal. My post wasn't any attempt to give King an "out" but to explain how this might have occurred. However; it's possible that the may have looked the other way with a suitable "donation" even though King is denying this occurred.
Jim

http://www.dw.de/a-new-papal-position-on-homosexuality/a-16990104

Last edited by italiansxs; 09/04/13 06:29 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My father was an Anglican---forgiveness, salvation at the last second, last breath. Why pay to be a Catholic? The Church welcomed him with open arms.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Common King!
With those heretical views?? that a stretch for anyone!!
I like wine woman and song and make no bones about it and have NEVER denied my feelings in these area but I doubt if I'd be accepted as a Muslim with these views if I aired them aired publicly.
You're trying to tell us that the Catholic church would just ignore your fathers heretical views to accept him as a albeit late conversion.
Why don't you just own up and tell everyone this was a "misinterpretation" of your father last wishes on your part??

Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ask a priest about infallibility, Jim. I've heard resurrection explained by Anglican and Catholic priests at funerals differently within the last two months. No, I did not misinterpret. I would not dishonour my father or myself by doing so.

Members here judge others, become arbiters of religious faith and practise while reporting significant variances from scripture and dogma by churches. Churches do or they don't, Jim, and from the evidence provided here, they do.

I gave an eulogy at a church in Ontario that broke away from the United Church of Canada over the homosexuality issue, and built their own church of evangelical persuasion. Does God favour one over the other?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice try King. But even though you couldn't think of your own lie to cover this previous lie about your father's alleged conversion, the excuse you found in Jim's reply just got pulled out from under you. Even though he left the Catholic church, he still knows that no one is going to receive a Catholic baptism without belief in the Ressurection.

I never said that there weren't deviations from the rule-book in any religion, and Catholics are no exception. We all know Jews who eat non-Kosher food and I'd bet there are plenty of Muslims who enjoy a BLT now and then. But as I've said before, without belief in the Ressurection, there simply is no Christian religion. So why would your father want to become a Catholic if he really did not believe? What would be the point? It's not like joining a fraternity or a Masonic lodge. You're not telling the truth about this King. Maybe Disney could make a movie about your awesome and largely ficticious life. They could title it "The Lyin' King".

You just make yourself look stupid by reiterating this bullshit story, and you do dishonor your father... and your whole family.

Originally Posted By: italiansxs

You're trying to tell us that the Catholic church would just ignore your fathers heretical views to accept him as a albeit late conversion.
Why don't you just own up and tell everyone this was a "misinterpretation" of your father last wishes on your part??

Jim

For all of Jim's disagreements with Church doctrine, it seems to me he's saying he doesn't believe you. He's telling you to own up, but you can't because you're a pathological liar. That last sentence is my opinion... I'm not putting words in Jim's mouth.

I notice you haven't given us the names of those 3 mythical Catholic priests who you claimed said they don't believe in the Ressurection either. Nor have you given us the name of the white southern college president who allegedly told you that white racist laws had Biblical roots in St Pauls Letter to the Ephisians. Nor have you given us one verifiable thing you personally did to further the cause of Gun Rights in Canada. And you still associate yourself with the elite personalities of the CBC when you were really small time. I don't think you'd have ever gotten the job if it wasn't for your father's influence and connections in Canadian politics. And you weren't content to just ride his coat-tails. You even claim credit for civil rights work he did. And how do you rationalize protesting oil and gas exploration near Sable Island while supporting the burning of wood chips to supply power to a pulp mill in Nova Scotia? Selective environmentalism anyone?

I have so many questions and I don't think Jim or anyone else is going to be able to help you Burger King.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Members here judge others, become arbiters of religious faith and practise while reporting significant variances from scripture and dogma by churches. Churches do or they don't, Jim, and from the evidence provided here, they do....

Here's why it's tough to 'just get along' sometimes. The same point is either evidence or judgmental depending on the feeling of the moment.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep. Without evidence, it sometime becomes obsessive, sociopathic behaviour, no more and no less, a fascinating amalgam of streaming abuse without guilt or remorse, not common, entertaining to watch at a distance, only one case here. Solely from being ignored.

Last edited by King Brown; 09/05/13 11:25 AM.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.