May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (HalfaDouble, AZMike, battle, Thruxton, 1 invisible), 400 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,186
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

when I use to shoot live pigeons. We drank while we were shooting. Never a problem, except probably did not do much for our scores

John Boyd
Quality Arms

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: arrieta2
when I use to shoot live pigeons. We drank while we were shooting. Never a problem, except probably did not do much for our scores

John Boyd
Quality Arms

Same here in Spain, never been to a live pigeon set up where there wasn´t a restaurant and a bar, best, Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Whatever our opinions about alcohol consumption at gun venues, the perps shouldn't have argued. "Sorry, we'll get rid of it right away." would have been the prudent response.

ruffg Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I would like to say I am no teetotaler and did not start this discussion to try convert anyone to sobriety. I very much enjoy drinks or cold beers with my hunting and shooting friends after the guns are put safely away. I feel the same about drinking and driving. I don't drive after I have been drinking and I wont ride with someone who has been drinking. That is just the way I conduct myself no more no less. The OGCA has a set of rules for members that are strictly enforced. The dealer who was expelled broke a rule and was dealt an immediate expulsion. He lost 7 tables rent for this show, is barred from the next show, and his membership will be reviewed for further action. The OGCA runs a tight ship, but is one of the best shows in the country. Has I stated before I have no axe to grind with the dealer. I will say he has a very nice display of guns. The majority he has told me before are on consignment. I was already in setting up has he and another gentleman gently brought the guns into the Roberts Center and carefully laid them out. I can also tell you there was absolutely no gentleness and care as these same guns left the Roberts Center after the incident. I don't know if this was due to alcohol, emotions, or a combination of both.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
Whatever our opinions about alcohol consumption at gun venues, the perps shouldn't have argued. "Sorry, we'll get rid of it right away." would have been the prudent response.

Yep.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well yes, if they'd merely been told to stop. These guys were immediately kicked out for violating a known rule -- apparently the heated stuff was their reaction to the consequences.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As far as I'm concerned, drinking alcohol is a personal choice. As to me I don't drink, never have; and at this stage in my life, can't see myself ever taking up the sport. But I do continue to associate with those individuals who are so inclined, to include my B-I-L; and that in spite of the fact that the SOB shot me during a rabbit hunt after he's chugged a couple of beers at a noon lunch break! However, when it comes to mixing drinking with the great outdoors, the one thing I don't ever wish to repeat would be another frog-gigging safari with an individual who is intoxicated; having a gig in one's hand is no fun!

As to the unfortunate guys noted above; rules are rules and I'm sure they were given a copy of same in advance of the show regardless of whether they may have taken time to read them or not. It is my experience that gunshow promotors have safety concerns first and foremost; and that is simply because they have reasons for concern. I still vividly recall an Atlanta gunshow tragedy from a few years ago where a father shot and killed his 14 year old son. Seems he was looking at pistols when the dealer behind the table handed him his personal (loaded) handgun to examine (a loaded gun was a clear violation of gunshow rules); I'm sure all parties involved would have given/done anything to have the power now to undo the chain of events that resulted in this nightmare.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As low information threads go, this is about the lowest.

Sidelock
Sidelock

When I was a 2LT of Field Artillery at Fort Sill back in '67 we thought nothing of having a sandwich and beer at the O club for lunch before shooting our M101A1 105mm howitzers or 50 cal machine gunsin the field in the afternoon. Nobody had more than one and there was never a problem. It was often a battalion officers lunch call so everyone was there. It just wasn't a big deal then but times have changed and we've become much more puritanical about alcohol in the US since then.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
As low information threads go, this is about the lowest.

how about giving it a break? the man isn't going to give the dealer's name on a public site nor should he. if you are really that interested you can make some calls and find out who it was. then you can open yourself to slander by posting it.

funny, when some people have info they will keep it close to the chest wanting some thing in return, but when some one else has info they are the first to demand they post it or pix etc.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.