May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (susjwp, HalfaDouble, Jerry G, 1 invisible), 180 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,184
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is still one shotgun range in Low Angeles that has a bar in the facility. Winchester used to have ranges with full cocktail bars. I drive by the old Wilmington Winchester range clubhouse often. If I were the proprietor I might have a no drink n shoot policy these days for liability concerns.

But a gunshow restriction on alcohol? Really? As a consumer attending gunshows I think its unfair to allow or promote alcohol to me and not to the dealers. I want them loosened up a little.
laugh

Sidelock
Sidelock

Unless I miss my bet, the show rules likely prohibited alcohol in any form in the show, and the rule likely was a rule of the venue.The liability insurance may have been contingent on this rule being strictly enforced.No promoter or venue owner can permit activities that can void their insurance.The key here is that there was a "heated exchange", so already alcohol seemed to be affecting the actions of those involved.They may have been given the chance to remove the alcohol and reacted in a less than acceptable manner.
Mike

jmc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck H - are you referring to the one with the full body mount brown bear next to the bar? Went there a few years ago and was getting 'rained on' regularly by the group one or two fields down from us and wondered if they started at the bar...

Sidelock
Sidelock

My mistake...I missed the Friday night sentence...but If the rules so state....whatever.

Last edited by Condor; 07/21/13 11:40 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Until I hear the name of the show and the name of the exhibitor, I am taking this thread with a grain of salt. "No names, it didn't happen." I also agree with King Brown's comment, prompting this post. Of course, if it is the OGCA show, there is little slack given the members, but still would like to know the name of the exhibitor.

Last edited by eightbore; 07/21/13 02:57 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with Mike that this stemmed from a breaking of show and/or venue rules, and that it probably would have affected liability insurance coverage.

The other thing I find interesting is that the two that were partaking were so defensive of their being able to take a drink that they were willing to be expelled from the show. No way to know, but the heated exchange may well have resulted from feeling "ten feet tall and bulletproof", as they say.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

And as stated could have been a case of letting your alligator mouth overload your coon dog a--.

NRA Life Member 1969
OGCA
Sidelock
Sidelock

An interesting contrast to the Game Fair.

About 100,000 people attend over three days, bars are open all day long, and several hundreds will be shooting the clay competitions. Many exhibiters will be offering guests and customers a glass of wine, and there are several licensed restaurants, not least on the CLA stand. Been like that for 50 years with remarkably few KIA.

As to exhibition venues, over time I've probably set up and manned around a hundred stands, and can't recall a single instance where alcohol was forbidden by contract or the Ts & Cs. A few beers and a couple of bottles of wine were standard issue.

I have grave feelings of unkosherness about the original report.

Extract from the Ts and Cs of The National Exhibition Centre below....

Quote:
Distribution or Gifts
No person shall distribute or give away any item of food, drink or tobacco not supplied by the Company without the express written consent of the Company. If the Company gives its consent and the circumstances are such that, in the opinion of the Company, the distribution or gift is liable to have a significant effect on the sale of food, drink or tobacco by the Company, the Company, as a condition of giving its consent, will be entitled to charge the Licensee such sums as the Company considers to be equivalent to the reduction in profits likely to be suffered by it as a result of the making of the distribution or gift.

ii Sales
No Exhibitor or Licensee may sell food, drink or tobacco to members of the public or trade exhibition visitors without the express written consent of the Company. Notice of intent to trade must be lodged with the Company at least two months prior to the start of the Licence Period. The Company may at its own discretion charge the Exhibitor or Licensee a franchise fee or commission.

The Centres are licensed tosell alcohol 24 hours per day, although in some instances the Company may require approval from the Police for late night alcohol sales.
In other words providing we get our cut, no problem.

Eug

Last edited by eugene molloy; 07/22/13 03:33 AM.

Thank you, very kind. Mine's a pint
ruffg Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I agree with gspspinone. In my mind no one should in good conscience defend the drinking of alcohol while handling firearms anytime in a gunshow venue. The other deep concern I have with this situation is the dealer is widely known for having the majority of his inventory on consignment. Some of you reading this may have a gun on consignment with him now. I have talked with him about consigning guns. He not only advertises on the internet but stresses that he goes to the major shows across the country. I am not comfortable with drinking and my own guns at home let alone a gun on consignment somewhere across the country.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ruffg, you have no idea what you are talking about. Many high end gun shows in this country and the sporting fairs in this country and in Europe allow and encourage the intelligent consumption of alcohol at their shows. If you would attend a show you would understand what is going on out in the real world. Thank you for posting and get back to us when you have participated in our hobby for more than a few minutes. Nine posts? Thank you Eugene Molloy for your informative post. Ruff has not yet let us know who this exhibitor is, if he exists.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.