May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Licensed to kill, Der Ami, Hal M Hare), 976 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,528
Posts545,859
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

My take is that at least half of all voting Americans are either ignorant,racist,don't know what "leader" really means,vote their own narrow interest(s),vote the party and not the man or a combination of the above.I still think we haven't had a "leader" in the office since Eisenhower.I wouldn't follow the last 3 clowns we have had in office out of a burning building.Wit,charm,looks and a gift of the gab are not what I am looking for in a POTUS.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I've had my say, craig. We have different opinions. The tangibles of better lives for millions of Americans are mentioned in my second paragraph. Millions received better in health care, economic and gender equality, withdrawal from foreign entanglements, greater respect throughout the world....

King, sorry to strike a little nerve, and I feel like a real chump for not walking away, but not a one of your betterments have actually happened to this point. As a courtesy, I'll watch for signs over the next three years.

Your historical perspective is interesting, but possibly not related to job performance.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RHD45
My take is that at least half of all voting Americans are either ignorant,racist,don't know what "leader" really means,vote their own narrow interest(s),vote the party and not the man or a combination of the above.I still think we haven't had a "leader" in the office since Eisenhower.I wouldn't follow the last 3 clowns we have had in office out of a burning building.Wit,charm,looks and a gift of the gab are not what I am looking for in a POTUS.
Agree- Wit, charm and the gift of gab (and glad-handing) were the only attributes(??) old Warren G. Harding brought to the table in 1920- and the ladies voted for him because he "looked so presidential"-- Two lessons to be learned from this bit of history from the now-gone 20th Century-- all IMO of course-- (1) The best Presidents are not dressed like Adolph Menjou or look like Gray Cooper or Cary Grant-- I am thinking about Harry S. Truman and Dwight Eisenhower and Gerald R. Ford-- they have True Grit and substance-- (2) When women got the right to vote, our Country started down the slow and slippery slope to PITA meddling Liberalism (Eleanor Roosevelt, Gloria Steinheim, the broads who burned their bras and thought that ERA was NOT a baseball term hallowed and revered since Abner Doubleday's era)- and now we are paying that price- just as my Granddad predicted to me when I was 12--Damn shame too!!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you may be on to something,Fox.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fox, for every bra burning feminist there is some [censored] man doing his best to screw things up as well. IMO you couldn't be more wrong about the problem being that we gave women the vote.

What we did, men more often than women, is forget what courage, hard work and determination will bring the individual and the country. Instead we have generations of both men and women, poorly educated in the way to be successful in life, who expect government to solve their problems. That, and only that, is the problem.

And just as many men contributed to it as women.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

In the inner city it is the women who are raising the men and together they are screwing things up with their selfish,ignorant interests guiding their vote.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not one betterment? How about Obama listing his unprecedented health reform benefits at the White House today? Does that count?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RHD45
In the inner city it is the women who are raising the men and together they are screwing things up with their selfish,ignorant interests guiding their vote.

Did those women get pregnant by themselves? With each other? Didn't think so.

In every case there is some guy who doesn't have the mental or ethical wherewithal to understand his responsibility towards a woman he impregnates and the resulting child. That didn't have anything to do with women voting.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is the women who have the power over the men.All they have to do is withhold/give sex and they can make the ignorant man do their bidding.I think you'll find the women are the ones that see the importance of voting and they're the ones that manipulate the system to keep the families going in the absence of a male bread winner.Even a ghetto queen's mothering instinct will get her to do whatever to raise her child.Look at all the sports stars that thank their mothers for their success when interviewed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Not one betterment? How about Obama listing his unprecedented health reform benefits at the White House today? Does that count?

Sorry King, even if we could take him at his word, which you have assured us is not possible. The can so to speak has been kicked down the election road so as to not bite the hand that prints the ponzi money. To this point, there are no, let's say tangible, benefits to ocare other than the obliging press.

Now, if you were actually preparing for the coming ocare hope-n-change, you may find as dem max 'the document drafter' baucus says, it's a train wreck. On this issue of ocare, you might consider (?) tucking your feel goods aside and actually look at what's happening. Then let me know if you would plop a loved one into this system as it stands after he read the prompter today.

Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.