May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (HalfaDouble, earlyriser, 1 invisible), 226 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,530
Posts545,888
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

The voters gave him the reins of power---twice. And with a second-time margin that didn't keep us up all night.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Only after getting more votes than existed adults that were even eligible to vote in dozens of precincts.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
The voters gave him the reins of power---twice. And with a second-time margin that didn't keep us up all night.

Of course that is true King, but it hardly refutes my point. Nor does it address what originally prompted me to post.... the idea that a poll of Canadians on who they like better, Obama or Harper, is somehow salient to any discussion taking place here. It's a throwaway, designed to bolster your point with anyone not paying attention.

So five years on, where is the hope and change?

I thought electing Harper would ensure some measure of fiscal responsibility combined with a concerted effort to reduce both the actual size of government as well as the areas of life it felt compelled to involve itself in. I can admit I was clearly wrong about that.

Why are you still pretending that Obama offers any sense of hope or change any more? He is not the man his supporters thought they were electing five years ago. He has accomplished none of what he promised first go around. In fact, many would say race relations and the relations between left and right have been substantially worsened by his administration. He is hardly the saviour, bringing Americans together, so many hopeful people envisioned five years ago.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown

Uhh the voters-13 Million FEWER the 2008,also voted to keep the balance of power-the house firmly in the R's control,the same.

some other facts you seem to omit;

Surprisingly, President Obama's 2012 vote total -- 59.8 million -- was 100,000 less than the 59.9 million John McCain received in 2008.

131 million voters cast their ballots in the 2008 election in which Barack Obama defeated John McCain by a 53% to 46% margin. Obama received 69.4 million votes, while McCain received 59.9 million.

In 2012, Obama defeated Romney by a 50% to 48% margin. Obama received 59.8 million votes, and Romney received 57.1 million votes -- 2.7 million fewer than Obama in 2012, but also 2.8 million fewer than McCain in 2008.

Despite losing the popular vote 51% to 48%--not a landslide for Obama by any means, but on the other hand not the “neck and neck” outcome many predicted--Mitt Romney would be President today if he had secured 333,908 more votes in four key swing states.

of course new voter id laws in many states that were not in place-due to libtard instance on allowing voter fraud,will be in force in the mid terms.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Right now, the voter I.D. law in Pennsylvania is being argued in the courts. The plaintiffs, including the NAACP of course, have produced an "expert" witness who is testifying that comparisons of voter registration lists to PennDOT motor vehicle registration and drivers licensing records would leave over half a million people without voter I.D.

The state dissected much of his methodology which conveniently ignores the fact that other forms of I.D. are legal, and getting a free and legal I.D. card from PennDOT is easier than getting welfare, food stamps, medicaid, or an ObamaPhone, and much cheaper than crack cocaine. Still, the plaintiffs and Democrat Libtards everywhere are whining about disenfranchisement when all they are really concerned with is anything that would make it more difficult for unregistered people, illegal aliens, and dead and comatose people to vote Democrat... sometimes multiple times. There is nothing stopping these frauds from excercising the same energy they used in get out the vote efforts to make sure every registered voter got the proper I.D. But this is all about perpetuating fraud, and the outcome will depend on whether the judge who eventually decides it is a Democrat or not.

As DaveK notes, the Obama re-election was hardly a landslide. And if you take away voter fraud, it was probably not even a victory. But King could watch the national news interview with the black female Hamilton County, Ohio Board of Elections worker who admitted voting for Obama six times and still tell us with a straight face that there is no voter fraud in the U.S. He could look at all of the precincts that had over 100% voter turnout, and very large urban precincts where not even one vote went for Romney, even though that's where illiteracy is highest, but still whine about voters who supposedly mistakenly voted for Bush on third grade level butterfly ballots when they really meant to vote for Al Gore. He can conveniently ignore the complaints from voters in Virginia and elsewhere who voted for Romney and saw their vote tabulated for Obama on electronic voting machines.

How do you respect this feigned ignorance and tolerance of fraud? Well, you don't. The guy who pretends to ignore me because of "bad manners" lies to us on a regular basis. What a joke. Dishonesty is not, and never will be civility.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd love to know how all these people that claim they are too poor to get an ID...manage to apply for and collect their Welfare and food stamps without an ID

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 07/18/13 09:18 AM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll try to reply to you and craig this way:

Obama's popularity in Canada is "salient" in context of how his election was viewed throughout the world. Voters rarely get what they vote for because of pragmatism and balances in the system. Polls indicate the electorate's high disapproval of Congress for its stultifying partisanship.

There is no pretence in my saying that I'm indebted to the United States for giving me hope. Craig wanted me to comment on Obama's character but that's not the point. Obama preached hope and change. The American people who gave him successive majorities galvanized new possibilities everywhere.

Without minimizing this extraordinary political development, I see Obama as an agent. Endorsement of his hope and change came from the American people, for the second time only eight months ago at a time of crushing unemployment and their soldiers fighting and dying overseas.

What a country! With a white candidate, it would have been only two more of the same.

GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keep smoking that hopium, you old bolshevik.

Sidelock
Sidelock

All true, Dave. I don't think most of us were counting votes that night but were off to bed early, even before those last "must-win" states were tallied for the Electoral College.

Last edited by King Brown; 07/18/13 09:56 AM.
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.