May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (WJW, Tim in PA, Ted Schefelbein, 1 invisible), 835 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm curious too.....thats pretty big for a calm the natives and get them to shut up bribe.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 07/16/13 07:53 AM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My wife emailed me this map. I don't know the original source or if it is really the neighborhood the tragedy occurred in. It may be complete bullshit.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/16/13 09:40 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Haven't seen that before anywhere myself.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's likely their insurance would have paid to avoid a court case, which could cost more.They may have a different opinion if they had the knowledge that Zimmerman would be found not guilty. Mike

cpa Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think the following synopsis appearing on The American Conservative website is probably the best analysis of the entire fiasco. The entire article can be seen at http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...rreactions.html

Slates William Saletan says the frenzy of righteous commentary in the wake of George Zimmermans acquittal reveals a big problem with our society. Excerpts:

Everywhere you look, people feel vindicated in their bitter assumptions. They want action.

But thats how Martin ended up dead. Its how Zimmerman ended up with a bulletproof vest he might have to wear for the rest of his life. Its how activists and the media embarrassed themselves with bogus reports. The problem at the core of this case wasnt race or guns. The problem was assumption, misperception, and overreaction. And that cycle hasnt ended with the verdict. It has escalated.

I almost joined the frenzy. Yesterday I was going to write that Zimmerman pursued Martin against police instructions and illustrated the perils of racial profiling. But I hadnt followed the case in detail. So I sat down and watched the closing arguments: nearly seven hours of video in which the prosecution and defense went point by point through the evidence as it had been hashed out at the trial. Based on what I learned from the videos, I did some further reading.

It turned out I had been wrong about many things. The initial portrait of Zimmerman as a racist wasnt just exaggerated. It was completely unsubstantiated. Its a case study in how the same kind of bias that causes racism can cause unwarranted allegations of racism. Some of the people Zimmerman had reported as suspicious were black men, so he was a racist. Members of his family seemed racist, so he was a racist. Everybody knew he was a racist, so his recorded words were misheard as racial slurs, proving again that he was a racist.

Saletan goes on to say the evidence shows that the 911 dispatcher didnt tell Zimmerman to stay in his car. The wounds, blood evidence, and DNA didnt match Zimmermans story of being a total punching bag, but it also didnt back up the story of Martin as a sweet-tempered child. He calls Zimmerman a reckless fool, but not a murderer. And he attacks hotheads who are ignoring the complexity of what happened that night for example, Martins suspicion that Zimmerman was a potential gay rapist to make an ideological point. More:

Theyre oversimplifying a tragedy that was caused by oversimplification. [The killing] happened because two peopletheir minds clouded by stereotypes that went well beyond raceassumed the worst about one another and acted in haste. If you want to prevent the next Trayvon Martin tragedy, learn from their mistakes. Dont paint the world in black and white. Dont declare the whole justice system racist, or blame every gun death on guns, or confuse acquittal with vindication. And the next time you see somebody who looks like a punk or a pervert, hold your fire.

That makes a lot of sense.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I might also guess that the liability insurance folks said do it our way or you're not covered. The parents would've had to sign on the bottom line though. That kid and the community might have really appreciated their enthusiasm if it was focused on good parenting.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with almost everything you wrote cpa, and I respect you for it considering that much of it conflicts with what the ultra liberals are saying. Knowing that you typically lean left, that takes guts.

What I disagree with is this: Acquittal should mean vindication for Zimmerman. When O.J. was acquitted, he was generally free and able to resume his life. He travelled and golfed and socialized without any assaults even though a great number of people are sure he was guilty. But Zimmerman, as you say, may have to stay secluded and wear a bulletproof vest for the rest of his life. Sports celebrities and race hustlers are openly calling for retribution. While I'm sure some white racists had the same to say about O.J., I think we all know who would be more at risk, assuming O.J. wasn't safely in prison on another felonious charge. Already, we are seeing some protests and damage and "this is for Trayvon" retribution beatings being investigated. There were no similar incidents of rage and retribution for Nicole Simpson and Rob Goldman. Enraged blacks are engaging in the very same behavior that the KKK used in the 1950's. Black hoodies have replaced white hoods, and burning stores and cars has replaced burning crosses. Second, Zimmerman did see someone he thought was a suspicious punk... and he did hold his fire... until after he was being assaulted. That was the game changer, and I'm still not going to blame the victim for using poor judgement. Many women I know have a can of pepper mace in the bottom of their purse. They don't have it in their hands when necessarily or unnecessarily alone in a dark area. This is poor judgement because a rapist is unlikely to wait while they dig in their purse for it for it. So are the rapist and the victim equally wrong?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

But if those mace carrying women are white and they midnight-walked down those dangerous-to-whites sections of Detroit that you mentioned in another post and they knew the reputation of that section and they left their mace in the bottom of their purse they would be exercising bad judgement. If they got raped their attacker would be guilty of rape under the law. Their rapist would morally guilty of rape. The victim of the rape wouldn't be guilty of the rape. The victim, never the less, used bad judgement.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I suppose Blacks have some imaginary civil right to rape women too...and rob houses...apparently they think they have the right to assault and attempt to kill people at will.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I suppose some Blacks, some Whites, some Orientals, some Eskimos, and some Hispanics think they have the right to do those things. Have seen no evidence that all Blacks think that. Several of my friends are black and I have seen no indication that they believe that have those rights. Some of my employees are black and they have never indicated that they believe they had those rights. One of them has worked for me for two decades and since our employees might go into homes state law requires us to do criminal background checks. My black employees have always passed. My wife is an avid reader of the docket in the local paper. She has never seen my black friends or black employees in the docket for rape, robbery, assault or murder, or for any other reason for that matter.

I don't think the Black race thinks they have those rights.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/16/13 06:28 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.