May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (earlyriser, 12boreman, Bill Davis, KY Jon, 1 invisible), 220 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,530
Posts545,888
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

Going to have to agree to disagree on that point. I'm assuming you was diecting that my way.

He was on neighborhood watch...he was legally armed...if a neighborhood watch group runs home the instant something might be up...then what good is it. And we all know how long it takes the poilice to show up after a crime is commited...and the likelyhood they will show up before one actually does. Particularly in a high crime area.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 07/15/13 12:48 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
....Martin was a guest of a resident of that community. He had a right to be in that community. He had a right to walk through that community....

I wasn't aware of this. I can't recall any resident coming forward vouching for Martin and his guest status. It's unclear to me, but there are some reports that it's a gated community with accompanying no trespass signs. In any event, I thought supporters said he was just passing through on his way home.

I think it is note worthy that an IT employee was fired after the jury started deliberating. He claims ethical and probably unlawful with holding of evidence from the defense. Seems like Martin indicated clear access to illegal handguns, drugs, and was suspended from school for possessing stolen property and the tools for home break ins.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: boneheaddoctor
Going to have to agree to disagree on that point. I'm assuming you was diecting that my way.

He was on neighborhood watch...he was legally armed...if a neighborhood watch group runs home the instant something might be up...then what good is it. And we all know how long it takes the poilice to show up after a crime is commited...and the likelyhood they will show up before one actually does. Particularly in a high crime area.

Again he had the right to follow Trayvon Martin. If he hadn't been a member of the neighborhood watch he had that right. Will you accept that I believe he had the right to follow Trayvon Martin? Will you accept that I believe that he had a right to carry his concealed weapon? Will you accept that I believe he shot Martin after Martin started assaulting him?

But the outcome of Zimmerman's decision has been financial ruin for him. He has spent significant time in jail. Until he was found innocent he lived under the cloud of a possible substantial state prison term. He is currently under the cloud of a possible Federal criminal indictment. He will have a target on his back for a long time. Martin's family has said they are going to sue him. Other possible outcomes of his decision; If Martin had been armed then Zimmerman could have been killed, The cops could have accidentally shot Zimmerman, Martin could have taken Zimmerman's gun in the assault and shot Zimmerman-Zimmerman was by himself and he said Martin was able to sneak up on him and jump him, Zimmerman could have been convicted of 2nd degree murder. If OJ was found innocent in that double murder then Zimmerman could have been found guilty in this shooting.

The purpose of neigborhood watch is to alert the police and the hope is that the presence of active involved watchers will deter criminals. It is not arrest, detainment, or street fighting with a suspicious person by the neighborhood watchmen.

The only way that Zimmerman's decision to follow Martin on-foot could be considered good judgement would be if his goal was to shoot a black teenager he found suspicious and then avoid conviction on state murder charges and the subsequent imprisonment.

I don't believe that was his intent. I think he was trying to contribute to the quality of life in his community. I think he just made a bad decision.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/15/13 01:57 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd

I wasn't aware of this. I can't recall any resident coming forward vouching for Martin and his guest status. It's unclear to me, but there are some reports that it's a gated community with accompanying no trespass signs. In any event, I thought supporters said he was just passing through on his way home.

"The fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman took place on the night of February 26, 2012, in Sanford, Florida, United States. Martin was a 17-year-old African American high school student. George Zimmerman, a 28-year-old multi-racial Hispanic American,[Note 1] was the neighborhood watch coordinator for the gated community where Martin was temporarily staying and where the shooting took place."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

Originally Posted By: craigd
I think it is note worthy that an IT employee was fired after the jury started deliberating. He claims ethical and probably unlawful with holding of evidence from the defense. Seems like Martin indicated clear access to illegal handguns, drugs, and was suspended from school for possessing stolen property and the tools for home break ins.

Have you got a link? Thanks!

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Again he had the right to follow Trayvon Martin. If he hadn't been a member of the neighborhood watch he had that right. Will you accept that I believe he had the right to follow Trayvon Martin? Will you accept that I believe that he had a right to carry his concealed weapon? Will you accept that I believe he shot Martin after Martin started assaulting him?

But the outcome of Zimmerman's decision has been financial ruin for him. He has spent significant time in jail. Until he was found innocent he lived under the cloud of a possible substantial state prison term. He is currently under the cloud of a possible Federal criminal indictment. He will have a target on his back for a long time. Martin's family has said they are going to sue him. Other possible outcomes of his decision; If Martin had been armed then Zimmerman could have been killed, The cops could have accidentally shot Zimmerman, Martin could have taken Zimmerman's gun in the assault and shot Zimmerman-Zimmerman was by himself and he said Martin was able to sneak up on him and jump him, Zimmerman could have been convicted of 2nd degree murder. If OJ was found innocent in that double murder then Zimmerman could have been found guilty in this shooting.

The purpose of neigborhood watch is to alert the police and the hope is that the presence of active involved watchers will deter criminals. It is not arrest, detainment, or street fighting with a suspicious person by the neighborhood watchmen.

The only way that Zimmerman's decision to follow Martin on-foot could be considered good judgement would be if his goal was to shoot a black teenager he found suspicious and then avoid conviction on state murder charges and the subsequent imprisonment.

I don't believe that was his intent. I think he was trying to contribute to the quality of life in his community. I think he just made a bad decision.

He was a resident of that gated community...and was legitimately part of the neighborhood watch....he wasn't visiting or passing through....

Therefor I don't think it was bad judgement he did what he did. His was the actions of a good and concerned citizen and resident.

I'd be proud to have more neighbors like him.

Sidelock
Sidelock

He was a resident of that gated community...and was legitimately part of the neighborhood watch....he wasn't visiting or passing through....

Martin was also legitimately in that neighborhood. Residents of gated communities are allowed to have guests. Those guests are allowed to walk in the community. The outcome of this trial was a vindication of the jury system and the right of a citizen to defend himself. There is no need to spin any of the facts.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/15/13 02:13 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Martin was also legitimately in that neighborhood. Residents of gated communities are allowed to have guests. Those guests are allowed to walk in the community. The outcome of this trial was a vindication of the jury system and the right of a citizen to defend himself. There is no need to spin any of the facts.

So?...but not to be walking through peoples yards at night..in the dark and rain, THats called tresspassing. Visiting doesn't trump renting or owning there....none of which he did....he was a guest there...not the Mayor, he got thrown out of school over weapons and drugs....or he wouldn't even be there.

He was legally required to NOT assult someone who asked a simple legitimate question to someone sneaking around in the dark....

If Martin had two functioning brain cells he would have simply answered the question....but no..he had to be a big tough thug and heaven forbid someone ask him anything....so he makes a racist comment to his girlfriend and then proceded to assult Zimmerman.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If he was truly a guest, why did Martin become confrontational? He is like he was picking for a fight. He only had to say that he was visiting his friend so and so. If that was true, why didn't his friend come to his defense in either the "hood" or the court room? IMHO, he was caught where he knew he was in trouble and he was caught with a fight or flight reflex. He chose the wrong response.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are only two that know what was going through Zimmerman's head on that night.....Zimmerman and God. We are neither one.
A jury of his peers found him not guilty; end of argument.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If Martin was walking through people's yards that would indeed be trespassing. I haven't seen a map of the route Martin took and do not know where he walked. But apparently he jumped Zimmerman on the sidewalk.

The outcome of the trial vindicated the jury system and confirmed the right of a citizen to defend himself. As far as him being in the neighborhood Martin was there legitimately. There is no need to spin any of the facts.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/15/13 03:22 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.