May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (DaveB, NTaxiarchis, Tim in PA), 326 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,522
Posts545,767
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

The president submitted his new policy of pre-emption to Congress as part of a National Security Strategy in fall 2002. Google it. Precipitated a world-wide ruckus because it meant anything goes.

PA24 #326862 05/30/13 08:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's(Below) is what the National Security Strategy of 2002 actually states: It's QUITE different from what King Brown reported immediately below:

Quote for King Brown:
"The former president proclaimed that the United States of America has the right to invade pre-emptively ANY country it considers inimical to its national interests and change its social, political and economic institutions? What do you call that? It's called the Bush doctrine. Is it death on the streets to those who oppose the invaders? Are the invaders jihadists? Zealots?"

National Security Strategy 2002:(Taken directly from the published document)
"The United States has long maintained the option of preemptive actions to counter a sufficient threat to our national security. The greater the threat, the greater is the risk of inaction— and the more compelling the case for taking anticipatory action to defend ourselves, even if uncertainty remains as to the time and place of the enemy’s attack. To forestall or prevent such hostile acts by our adversaries, the United States will, if necessary, act preemptively.

The United States will not use force in all cases to preempt emerging threats, nor should nations use preemption as a pretext for aggression. Yet in an age where the enemies of civilization openly and actively seek the world’s most destructive technologies, the United States cannot remain idle while dangers gather. We will always proceed deliberately, weighing the consequences of our actions. To support preemptive options, we will:
•build better, more integrated intelligence capabilities to provide timely, accurate information on threats, wherever they may emerge;
•coordinate closely with allies to form a common assessment of the most dangerous threats; and
•continue to transform our military forces to ensure our ability to conduct rapid and precise operations to achieve decisive results.

The purpose of our actions will always be to eliminate a specific threat to the United States or our allies and friends. The reasons for our actions will be clear, the force measured, and the cause just."

Note this particular verbage "change its social, political and economic institutions" must be a fabrication from Brown's imagination as nowhere is anything like this stated in the published document.

Last edited by italiansxs; 05/30/13 08:27 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hardly a fabrication, Jim. When a country arbitrarily, preemptively invades another country that it considers inimical to its national interests---Iraq, for instance---it changes its social, economic and political institutions by taking control of them, as it did in Iraq. The reasons for the invasion, again in the case of Iraq, were not "clear, the force measured, and the cause just." The Bush doctrine was a cock-up start to finish. Wikipedia, in part:

"PNAC member and the chairman of the Defense Policy Board Advisory Committee (DPBAC), Neoconservative Richard Perle, later expressed regret over the Iraq invasion and ultimately put the blame for the invasion on President George W. Bush;.[47]
Other than Bush and Rumsfeld, who are thought to have adopted neoconservative foreign policy thinking include Vice President Dick Cheney and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.[48]
The Bush Doctrine, in line with long-standing neoconservative ideas, held that the United States is entangled in a global war of ideas between the western values of freedom on the one hand, and extremism seeking to destroy them on the other; a war of ideology where the United States must take responsibility for security and show leadership in the world by actively seeking out the enemies and also CHANGE THOSE COUNTRIES who are supporting enemies.[14][19][20][49]
The Bush Doctrine, and neoconservative reasoning, held that containment of the enemy as under the Realpolitik of Reagan did not work, and that the enemy of United States must be destroyed pre-emptively before they attack — using all the United States' available means, resources and influences to do so.[14][19][20]"

Last edited by King Brown; 05/30/13 09:19 PM.
PA24 #326868 05/30/13 09:43 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

What ever you "think" King. This is a typical convoluted Liberal stretching of the truth into whatever you want to believe.
I'm sure you'd have a fantasy field day with Woodrow Wilson's "Make the world safe for democracy" statement.
But Wait: You can't do that because he was a democrat!
I pulled up word for word what was stated in the National Security Document of 2002 for everyone to see and I think what you fabricated is very apparent to everyone.
You really ought to consider NOT posting this drivel as your caught red handed every time.

I just sat here and watched the Commissioner of the IRA Douglas Shulman explain to Congress why he's been to the White House 171 times since Obama became President. His ONLY answer was to attend the Easter Egg hunts!! Frankly; His explanation is more convincing than yours.
As an Aside': His predecessor during the Bush administration was there once.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 05/30/13 09:51 PM.

keith #326874 05/30/13 10:29 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
[censored], no Christians in the pews sat idly by and allowed pedophile priests,(an extremely small percentage by the way) to molest alter boys. Show us where that happened idiot. And the alter boys who outed them were Christians as well. Pedophile priests have, and are being convicted and sent to jail. I personally would have them sentenced to death, but it is Libtards like you who have hamstrung the courts and fought for "rehabilitation" rather than severe punishment that might have a chilling effect on others contemplating committing the same crime.

Nobody has called for good Muslims to drag bad Muslims into the streets for justice. Show us where we have. We have said that they consistantly don't even criticize or attempt to change the cancer withing their religion. You cannot say the same about Christians. But YOU do. Because you are mentally retarded.

Wrong again keith, and coming from such a respected professor of english, you sure seem inept at spotting figurative language.

There is not one instance were a parishioner (who was not a victim) outed a pedophile priest. Those alter boys were victims, but I guess you could call them Christian. There are a lot of documented instances where the church protected the diddlers and all the christians who go to church support the church along with all of its less then desirable acts.

I don't know why you do not agree with me on this. You seem happy to hold all muslims culpable for the acts of a crazy few, but you wont allow Bob's clear logic to hold true to another group of people who are likewise just as culpable for the acts a a crazy few. But then again if I consider the source, I think I know why.

Maybe its because most muslims have brown skin...or your past affiliations have clouded your judgment. My bet, its both.

Last edited by nca225; 05/30/13 10:46 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
PA24 #326875 05/30/13 10:38 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hold on.

We have another group of people we can hold accountable for the acts of a crazy few. Looks like some NRA member/2nd amendment supporter sent ricin laced letters to Bloomberg while exposing his god given 2nd amendment rights. Its been more than 24 hours and I have not seen a peep from this community expressing the same outrage you expect from the Muslim community under similar circumstances.

Come on guys step up to the plate!!! WHY NO CONDEMNATION?????

Last edited by nca225; 05/30/13 10:40 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
PA24 #326876 05/30/13 10:43 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Shit, now that I think of it, this logic applies to pro-life community as well. Nothing but a bunch of murderous thugs because they not have outed the carzy few that go around and kill or bomb abortion providers.

Thanks Bob, this line of logic is coming in real handy!!

Last edited by nca225; 05/30/13 10:44 PM.

PA24 #326878 05/30/13 11:16 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"Maybe its because most muslims have brown skin...or your past affiliations have clouded your judgment. My bet, its both. "

Here we go with the race card How typical!!

PA24 #326880 05/31/13 12:00 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim. here is your post #326695

"Thanks for posting:
I received this email as well and forwarded it to everyone I know. In addition; Muslims males are into buggering young boys as pointed out in the book Charlie Wilson's War. I personally find Muslims despicable and I make no bones whatsoever about this.
Jim"

One more time Jim, why don't you accept your racism? Its right there for you to see.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
The president submitted his new policy of pre-emption to Congress as part of a National Security Strategy in fall 2002. Google it. Precipitated a world-wide ruckus because it meant anything goes.

King, did you try substituting in freedom fighter.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.