May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (SKB, Sandlapper, Momslefever, 3 invisible), 263 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,553
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's mine; 10 gauge; F grade; Sn 12858; 32" damascus barrels; pistol grip; side plates line engraved; extractors; push button forend; buttplate black with insignia; 1890; horseshoe damascus pattern

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sweep;
Is this a rod cocking gun with side pivot top lever?

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

As we know anything is possable with lefevers. But it should be at the cocking rod guns and it should be a piviot opener. Heavy on SHOULD.
Bob

lefeverarms.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is my first Lefever, I know it is a pivot top lever and it has rods that stick out the sideplates which I assume are the cocking rods?

Sidelock
Sidelock

there are 3 pics on the lefever site under 10 gauge gun stock now with pics

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sweep
Your right it is a piviot opener. But as for the cocking rods, I cant tell from the pictures. Cocking rods are rods that come out of the front of the frame to cock the gun. If it dosent have cocking rods it should be a two piece cocker. You do have a nice gun. Hang on to it.
Bob

lefeverarms.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob, I have a Syracuse Arms Grade 2 gun with the later-type rebated frame that I'm going to part out on E Bay. It has a questionable barrels and I don't want to take the risk on selling the barrels. PM me if you need any other parts. Silvers

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The triggers were pulled when I took those pictures. Thank you for the kind remarks about the gun. Because it is my first Lefever it's nice to hear comments from others that have seen alot of other Lefevers and hear there opions about the gun also.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sweep;
The pieces in the side plate are "Cocking Indicators". They protrude from the plates to show when the gun is cocked. My question concerned the method of cocking. Snap the forend off & if there are two lugs protruding from the knuckle to engage pockets in the forend iron, it is a rod cocker. If upon opening the bbls you see two hooks engaged with one another, one in the bbl lug, the other in the frame it is a two hook gun. From the SN it should be a rod cocker, but some of these frames were built out of sequence & Lefever offered "Upgrade" service as well, just always like to know which type they are on these low serial number guns.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob, I don't know if you have mine or not so here it is: Lefever Optimus Quality, serial #11857, 12 ga., 28" damascus barrels, non-ejector, Gold inlayed setter on the right side, gold inlayed pointer on the left side, gold inlayed setter on the trigger guard. The gun was a pistol grip gun but the original butt stock has been missing for a long, long time. That's why I have it.

Doug Mann
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.