May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (lagopus, dogon, fullandfuller, FelixD, Lloyd3, 1 invisible), 721 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,541
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
coosa Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Does anyone have any experience with one of these guns? It looks like a good candidate for my turkey gun project, but it also just looks like a nice little sxs period. I was thinking about just buying one and if if doesn't seem suited for a turkey gun project, just keep it for a dove and quail gun.

An Italian-made sxs brand new for $800 seems like a bargain, but I would really appreciate anyone who could share a personal experience with one.

Thanks for any help!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Compared to Fausti's "Style" model, which Cabela's sold, the Tradition guns are on the heavy side. Personally, it would not be my choice for a quail gun, but OK for turkeys.

coosa Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Compared to Fausti's "Style" model, which Cabela's sold, the Tradition guns are on the heavy side. Personally, it would not be my choice for a quail gun, but OK for turkeys.

Thanks for the info! I've found that one can't go by the advertised weights of guns; when put on scales they usually weigh more than what was claimed. But the sellers are claiming the double trigger gun with 26" barrels weigh 5.75 lbs in 20 gauge. Then the single trigger with 28" barrels weigh 6.5 lbs. I know the ejectors and extra barrel length add some weight, but 12 oz seems to be too much. This makes me wonder if the DT gun really weighs 5.75. If it did, that would be light enough.

I have not located one of the Cabela's guns. Thanks again for the reply.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I find only a couple of 12ga Styles in their current Gun Library inventory.

I field tested a Traditions 16ga several years back. I don't recall whether it was made on a 12ga frame, but it felt like it. Sub-6# 20ga surprises me, but maybe.

coosa Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
I find only a couple of 12ga Styles in their current Gun Library inventory.

I field tested a Traditions 16ga several years back. I don't recall whether it was made on a 12ga frame, but it felt like it. Sub-6# 20ga surprises me, but maybe.

Thanks again for another reply. It doesn't look like this was a very popular gun and I haven't been able to find anyone that owns one. I talked to a guy a Fausti USA and he verified the 5.75 weight, and said the ST would not weigh any 6.5 lbs; that it was lighter than that. He said the gun was as good as any of the others they produce, but lacked the engraving and finish of their higher priced guns. He said they wouldn't honor the warranty, but would be willing to fix any problem on my dime. I'd probably just let my gunsmith fix it if I had a problem.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to risk it. If it won't shoot the heavy loads to POA, then I'd just have a very nice $800 bird gun, which I'm trying to convince myself would not be a bad thing at all.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.