May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Sandlapper, PALUNC, fallschirmjaeger, Jtplumb, LRF, 1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,511
Posts545,659
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah Glenn: ya could have called me. I'll loan you my Lefever book. Until then here's my contribution.

Doug Mann

20 gauge DS grade, restored by Buck Hamlin.

2-piper #31758 03/21/07 01:25 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gentlemens:

Well, color me impressed! Thank you all for posting those. 'Tis easy to see what the fuss is all about! I know of the mechanical qualities and the inovative work of Mr. Lefever, but there is no hiding the fact that the man had a wee bit of artist wiring in him. Wonderfully graceful lines. I did notice that they borrowed an engraver from Parker to put a football on the side of Mr. Rabbit's gun. <g>

I am begining to think that my pet stock blank is a bit over the top for such an elegant piece.

Did most have the semi pistol grip stock?

Can you give me a rough rundown of the grading system used by Lefever?

Much obliged to you all,

Glenn

There is no sacrifice too great for someone else to make.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Doug Mann
Ah Glenn: ya could have called me. I'll loan you my Lefever book. Until then here's my contribution.

Doug:

I didn't see your post. I musta been blinded by the brilliance of all those stars you have. Now I know where mine went to...

For a lever, that is a dandy. I really like that fine scroll engraving. 'Tis me favorite. Man, it would take hours to sculpt those chevrons on there. Is this from your Optimus?

I would have asked to borrow your book but I thought you might consider a lowly cheddarhead unworthy to gaze upon it. I am not good at rejection.

Glenn

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stocks were available in; Straight, full (capped) or semi (capped or uncapped) pistol grips. The DS I believe was only available in uncapped semi pistol. The Capped full grip seems to me to be the most commonly encountered in other grades.
There was listed a "One Thousand Dollar Grade" going down from there were; Optimus, AA, A thru I inclusive with the DS being identical to the I. The Ds was the one actually listed in LAC catalogs with the I apparently being mostly sold through SD&G outlet.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
2-piper #31778 03/21/07 09:10 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Obviously Glenn has not been around us Parker guys enough. He obviously doesn't know a football from a turnip. We have a kind of an attachment to our turnips and don't like them to be referred to as "footballs".

Sidelock
Sidelock

The lower grade Lefever guns had better bird engraving than the D and lower Parkers(dogs werent bad though). The Parkers had little detail and while I agree the Lefever ducks were funny looking I kind of like the look. The early (55333)GH Parker pictured has about the best G grade engraving I have seen.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gentlemens:

Thanks again for the education. I sure don't recall high school being this much fun.

Mr. eightbore:

Please accept my humble appologies to both you and your vegetables. I stand corrected.

Respectfully,

Glenn

Last edited by Glenn Fewless; 03/21/07 01:52 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ol' Uncle Dan had a realists attitude.... My favorite is the Lefever Version of the "Dead and Falling Duck" I think this is on the later catalogs as well... Make my 20 Bore 3" Cham. 30" imp mod and full please.... Oh' and as long as we are fantasising, ....an extra set of 28 Bore 28" Cylinder and Open Mod... I'll have Gournet Bulino a Grouse on the other side of the Dead Duck... Cool! This is powerful fun stuff innit?

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Please accept my humble appologies to both you and your vegetables. I stand corrected".

Sorry eightbore.........but Glenn I just fell out of my chair!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.