March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (eightbore), 827 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#316785 03/08/13 07:57 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Kind of hard to read but the name on the rib is Ludwic Kloti, Leed (in gold) as best I can make out. This is on an odd actioned SxS, very deep etched damascus barrels, engraving is also deep, with pre 1891 proof mark. Have 2 pics but can't scan for a couple of weeks.

Any info. would be appreciated. --- John

Sidelock
Sidelock

Difficult to tell John without an image but maybe via the process of elimination?

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...true#Post294400
Looks like anything in the above thread?

If so it might be on of the Dreyse-Berger-Fürst Pless-Teschner-Collath actions?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Raimey, About as close as one can get I would say. This one is cocked by pushing in the "spring loaders" from the back. This one is very ornate and looks to be in excellent shape.

Story goes it was "liberated" from a castle. When the input closes I'll print this out.

I will get more pics. asap --- John

Sidelock
Sidelock

So something akin to this?

Do the needles protrude as far?

I wonder if the name is Ludwig or Ludwic?

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=201021&page=3
Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

That it Raimey, almost a clone except the is different. Very fine swirls with 4 pointed stars in between (scroll) perhaps.

Can these be had / converted to straight center fire? I think it's
Ludwic unless the "C" is actually "G". That Leed could be Lecx it's hard to tell because the gold inlaid letters are surrounded by the swirls in the rib.

--- John

Sidelock
Sidelock

Collath was doing it but I think it has been a while since the concern has preformed a conversion. It may be as simple as changing out the firing pins. FJS just might know. I think he is making new firing pins for his.

How 'bout Leck?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yes could easily be Leck, as in LECK, it is all in capital letters, so
LUDWIG KLOTI? LECK, does that Leck ring a bell for you. Do you think it could be Ludwig Leck?

I'm quite certain the gun is center fire. --- John

Sidelock
Sidelock

It could be Ludwig/Ludwic Klöti of Leck, Nordfriesland, but it is just a shot in the dark without seeing the text. I don't know the country gunsmith and there may be a little info on him somewhere but more info may be obtained from the type action which may point to the actual maker of the sporting weapon. He may have been a retailer or may have added his own flair to a gesteck that he ordered. Does the o have the umlauts over it(..)?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Raimey I think we'll go with Mr. Leck for now. The action, engraving, trigger guard, rib style is identical to your last pic.
Some things different are the damascus type, horn encased under-lever and pistol grip at lest I can't make them out.

I can't see any umlauts in my pic. but will give the gun a more thorough look. Your input has been / will be very enlightening so thank you. I will arrange to get more pics. in the future.

--- John

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well I went over to the "Museum" and took a bunch of pics. (about 35) of various firearms including the guns being discussed here.

I was going to split them up and I may have to but there are a few items of interest for other members in them also.

I realize it's quite a few but would someone be so kind as to post them here / start another separate topic.

Give me your thoughts if nothing else. --- John

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.