May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Philbert, Ken Nelson, 1 invisible), 385 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,802
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, no one gets anywhere or anything by being meek and humble. That's the road to chains and shackles. My GOP analogy of adjusting the message for greater support was to underline that's what the GOP says it must do to become the governing party.

I mentioned a couple rules that those who work professionally at change follow. What some saw as rolling over with feet in the air, deference and submission, is natural for those who may not have toiled in the trenches and tasted victory.

There is no advantage to submission. I've said the struggle against gun control should be better focussed, smarter. It didn't identify quickly that the ostensibly benign checks were registration by another name. It looked in other directions.

As to your tongue-in-cheek question about Dems being meek, Obama learned what his conciliatory notions got him and now is playing hardball, to the point today the most powerful and influential nation on earth is drifting in an unhappy orbit.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Craig, no one gets anywhere or anything by being meek and humble....

....Obama learned what his conciliatory notions got him and now is playing hardball...

When words might have importance, not necessarily in missfires, I had intended to type 'appearing' rather than being.

I suppose it appears different looking in, but I'm scratching my head in amazement at the ideological motives that would describe any of this person's public actions as conciliatory. We may be adrift, but I thought that's what we asked for.

Sidelock
Sidelock

US polls are clear about how Americans feel about the performance of their legislators in Washington, a pox on all of them. Americans didn't ask for what they're getting today: for all the US brains and creativeness they're appearing before the world as stupid---when they're not.

Nothing in my posts mentioned or indicated meek and humble as appropriate to protest gun control. They were misinterpreted for selfish reasons. I said more satisfactory results are obtained, more antis could be brought to the light, with honey rather than vinegar where there are competing narratives.

Otherwise you get what went into effect in the US today: action caused by the lack of action under which all Americans and many of your neighbouring Canadians will suffer. All because of not talking, not compromising, not finding a better way of managing national affairs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

First off, many polls are skewed to get the results of the people taking them....

Don't blame this on the Republicans....Obama wanted the Sequester...he is on record on audio and video saying as much....despite what he claims now.

He's also had an "It's my way or the hi-way" attitude for well over 4 years now. Its Obama who has refused to negotiate...or budge. In the USA we have co-equal branches of government. That means the President isn't a King...Emperor or dictator...and the other branches aren't subservient to his whims.

And thus far Obama's been strutting around like "Il Duce" and not been willing to do anything that even approaches compromise.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 03/02/13 12:23 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

....Nothing in my posts mentioned or indicated meek and humble as appropriate to protest gun control. They were misinterpreted for selfish reasons....

....you get what went into effect in the US today: action caused by the lack of action under which all Americans and many of your neighbouring Canadians will suffer. All because of not talking, not compromising, not finding a better way of managing national affairs.

Thanks for labeling me selfish, but didn't I quote your words for clarity. Wasn't the topic GOP strategies, and you just switched it for emotional reasons. Regarding messages, does 'nominate a candidate of colour to deliver it with conciliatory words rather than divisive ones' ring any bells.

To that interesting second point, maybe you're referencing sequestration. At the rate this admin. prints and borrows money could it be contended that 85 bil. is a drop in the bucket. Since you're getting your gloom and doom forecast from mainstream media, previously referred to as your colleagues, maybe you didn't get the memo.

After spending likely billions on a country wide sky is falling pr blitz and pac fund raiser, he now sez it may just be a hiccup. Is he softening for the worse case scenario that the money really is being wasted and isn't necessary.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There we go again, Craig. I didn't label you as selfish. Again, this misrepresentation and imputing of motives is disappointing. It makes discussion impossible.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There we go again, Craig....

I hear you and respect your feelings. I only 'discuss' with you because I perceive some value. There are others here that all I can muster is missfires. If I misquote, I appologize.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Keith as usual you're twisting what I said....I said I'm for back ground checks on private gun sales.

Nothing more nothing less.

Originally Posted By: keith
On this issue, he stands with Barack Hussein Obama. His feet are firmly planted and we aren't going to change his mind.

I'd as soon stand with the devil himself as stand with Obama....I stand on having some common sense.

"common sense" you must be kidding,far from it.
You have been shown fact after fact that,again;

Criminals do NOT buy guns they steal them

The NRA does NOT, agree with you

You can NOT go buy a gun and resell it to someone "in the hood" without breaking a Federal law now.

Universal Backround checks DO require registration !

jOe,
we have asked many times and have NO response

WHERE ARE YOUR FACTS ??????

once again jOe,
you stand hand and hand with Obama,Pelosi,Schumer,and Feinstein with a big SUCKER sticker on your head.

All because,jOe stubbornly-with NO basis in fact, wants to be able to tell one group-who "you" feel should not own guns-and BTW it will not stop even one of them from buying them.

One day soon someone is going to tell YOU jOe,what you can an can not own guess what you helped them !

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Things get cock-eyed some days for everyone, Craig. No harm done. Regards, King

Sidelock
Sidelock

Famous anti-gun quotes

DIANE FEINSTEIN (California Senator, author of "Feinstein Amendment" which became the ’94 gun ban): "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them… ‘Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ‘em all in,’ I would have done it."

SARAH BRADY (Chairman, Handgun Control, Inc.) "There is no personal right to be armed for private purposes unrelated to the service in a well regulated militia."

Obama "So it's not surprising then that they get bitter, and they cling to guns or religion, or antipathy toward people who aren't like them, or anti-immigrant sentiment, or, you know, anti-trade sentiment [as] a way to explain their frustrations."

Bill Clinton “A lot of these people … all they’ve got is their hunting and their fishing,” he told the Democratic financiers. “Or they’re living in a place where they don’t have much police presence. Or they’ve been listening to this stuff for so long that they believe it all.

FIDEL CASTRO: "Armas para que?" ("Guns, for what?") (Response to a Cuban citizens who said the people might need to keep their guns, after Castro announced strict gun control in Cuba)

Homeless jOe:"I don't believe any kind of gun registration is going to stop a psycho from shooting people......but it could slow the brothers down in the mall parking lots."

Hillary For Prison 2018
Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.