May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (R. Glenz, 12boreman, obsessed-with-doubles, ksauers1, 2 invisible), 472 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,802
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29
Sidelock
Sidelock

Couldn't agree more, Der Ami. As the legendary Speaker Tip O'Neil said: All politics is local. Use what you have access to, face to face works best from my experience. Couple other things often overlooked: 55 per cent of Americans have said they have no trust in mass media outlets. The Canadian Council of PR Firms found that while only 10 per cent of Canadians 35 to 54 found company websites to be a trusted source, nearly a quarter of those aged 18 to 34 considered them to be credible news suppliers. If the average age on this board is around 55 (which was indicated here some time ago) this isn't the place to be winning people over.

Projecting from micro to macro, from local to national, all the proof you need for a winning strategy is the current attempt at a GOP makeover. Republicans split in twain will adjust to a message more acceptable than the last one, and from media reports, nominate a candidate of colour to deliver it with conciliatory words rather than divisive ones. There'll be no talk of enemies or minorities tearing the social fabric because a GOP victory can only come from changed loyalties.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Did I show you guys my black gun....

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's a start jOe. smile

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe, are they accurate? Minute? I'm old school rifleman. If I need two shots I've done something wrong.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This one is....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, I believe what you say is true regarding the overall numbers of gun owners, the growth in gun ownership etc. I, like many of you, have revelled in the successful expansion of CC laws in across the States and the resulting drop in gun violence. This despite having never shot a handgun. I only buy old shotguns. But I'm fighting for handgun and black gun owners. For me this issue is all about fundamental personal and property rights. Because ultimately, they will be coming for my shotguns.

What I am concerned about is the long term and I believe, if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, that the tide is turning against us. The emotional power of the liberal media, the liberal educational system and liberal Hollywood is going to beat us eventually if we don't, as Der Ami suggested find a way to combat their emotional message with a better more appealing emotional message from our side.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Projecting from micro to macro, from local to national, all the proof you need for a winning strategy is the current attempt at a GOP makeover. Republicans split in twain will adjust to a message more acceptable than the last one, and from media reports, nominate a candidate of colour to deliver it with conciliatory words rather than divisive ones. There'll be no talk of enemies or minorities tearing the social fabric because a GOP victory can only come from changed loyalties.

Interesting, so there's one generic constituency and republicans will swing the vote by appearing meek and humble. Is it ok for the dems to continue class and race, attack and division. Or worst yet, how would you counter if the dems appear meek, humble and Santa like.

edit to add, no wonder jOe you're worried about hanging out with the boyz from the hood. I don't see much with the picture of the rifle, but nice group no doubt about it.

Last edited by craigd; 03/01/13 11:23 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Keith as usual you're twisting what I said....I said I'm for back ground checks on private gun sales.

Nothing more nothing less.

Originally Posted By: keith
On this issue, he stands with Barack Hussein Obama. His feet are firmly planted and we aren't going to change his mind.

I'd as soon stand with the devil himself as stand with Obama....I stand on having some common sense.

jOe, As you can see, I said, ON THIS ISSUE, you stand with Barack Hussein Obama. Nothing in that statement is false or twisting things. I did not say you support Obama in any other way and certainly don't believe for a second that you either voted for him or like him. But sadly, ON THIS ISSUE, you and the magic negro are holding hands. Sorry, but it is what it is.

You and Obama both agree that we should have Universal Backround Checks in spite of the fact that there is overwhelming evidence that it does nothing to prevent massacres such as Sandy Hook, and only provides a backdoor Federal Gun Registry which is something the gun banners have sought for decades. Every single gun that is sold in the Memphis gun shop you referenced is legally sold via Form 4473 and Backround Check. Yet some of the clientele that are walking out with AK-47's and Uzi's are people you would rather not see in possession of a gun. The same thing would happen if backround checks were expanded to all private sales. Bad people would still get guns one way or another because there are over 300 million of them out there to either buy or steal. There will always be a Straw Buyer that a felon can coerce or intimidate or simply pay cash to.

You say you stand on having some common sense. Where is the common sense in expanding backround checks to every private sale between law abiding gun owners when criminals will still get guns? Where is the common sense when you know damn good and well that no criminal or mentally ill person about to pull the trigger will care one bit if that gun was bought with or without a backround check? Where is the common sense in giving Barack Hussein Obama and Company the data to finally have the Gun Registration they have sought for decades, and could not get legally as a stand alone law?

By your wording and spelling in your initial post, "man i'ze lookin fr an A Ra 47 or an Uewzi", it seems as if you are most concerned about gangbanger types buying guns. If that's the case, why don't you just say so and call for tougher laws to control them since they are 99% of the problem when it comes to gun violence and gun crimes. Why don't you call for outright bans on gun possession by young black males and random searches of same? Why don't you call for infringing upon the Civil Rights of the folks that are doing the crimes? Why are you calling for laws that would infringe upon my Civil and Constitutional rights? Why are you acting pissed off at me when it's me who should be pissed off? Why are you standing with Obama and trying to drag us into it?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
What I am concerned about is the long term and I believe, if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, that the tide is turning against us. The emotional power of the liberal media, the liberal educational system and liberal Hollywood is going to beat us eventually if we don't, as Der Ami suggested find a way to combat their emotional message with a better more appealing emotional message from our side.

James, the tide has been against us for most of my life, yet gun ownership, numbers, and CC opportunities have still risen dramatically, so we must have been doing something right. The anti-gunners try to exploit every tragedy even though violent crime has dropped dramatically even as total gun numbers have risen. The Anti's will never admit that or utter the truth that stricter sentencing that has kept felons in jail has done far more than any gun laws. We will likely never change the Liberal media message, and we've allowed the Liberals to indoctrinate our kids in schools with anti-gun messages. So long term, our only hope is to counter the negative messages ourselves. If we really feel strongly about gun rights and the Second Amendment, and we'd like to see our kids and grandkids derive the same pleasures from guns and shooting as we enjoyed, we all have to put forth a little effort that wasn't needed when we were young. We have to bring kids into the sport and support youth and womens shooting programs so they can learn for themselves that the Liberal message is built upon lies. We have to join and support a strong NRA and we have to be active and assertive and tell our legislators in no uncertain terms that we will not tolerate ANY infringements on our 2nd Amendment Civil Rights. If we lose, it will be because millions of gunowners chose to sit on their asses and let it happen.

King is still spouting his drivel that, because the GOP lost one presidential election by a few percentage points, all hope is lost and they can never win again, and we should all grovel and sleep with the enemy. That message is absurd and inaccurate... and just what one would expect from a retired Liberal media reporter.

Always consider the source.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith makes very good points above and I would just like to add the following:
You are going to have to be proactive to counter the B.S. in regard to guns your children/grandchildren are being exposed to on a daily basis in the schools due to the extreme liberal NEA(Teachers Union).
I have 6 grandchildren and each of them has been taken shooting as soon as they were old enough. When they are visiting I show them different guns,explain how they work and what they are primarily used for.
This IMO goes a long way to remove the demonization of firearms they are exposed to in school and the "mainstream news media".
If you have friends that will permit you to educate their children as well by all means do so.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.