May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (cpa), 212 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,814
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 29 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 28 29
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Only an idiot would suggest that a law could stop an insane person from committing a mass shooting.

I am for doing something to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

What do you suggest..doing nothing ?

If so you might be wearing the Obama stamp.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Only an idiot would suggest that a law could stop an insane person from committing a mass shooting.

jOe it's early in the morning and I'm still shaking last nights cob webs out of my head. Right now I'm so mad the only suggestion I have is to go back to public executions and use Obama's stimulus money to pay a bounty on gangbangers and illegal aliens.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, before labelling Joe, I'd like to know why checks to determine if a prospective buyer is a felon or nuts has anything to do with gun sales.

To own and buy and sell guns as you do now, isn't there a US requirement for the safety course and a background check that you're good to go?

If there is, why record-keeping at all for where the guns go?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I,and others have PROVEN to you that your "suggestion" will do NOTHING to keep guns from criminals and you IGNORE the facts-hence the "sucker stamp".

Where are YOUR facts jOe,all conjecture with NO proof,just bs !

I never suggested to do nothing.

1) Prosecute the ones breaking the law now for one !

"National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS), which found in 2010, of 6 million Americans who applied to buy a gun, less than 2 percent -- or 76,000 -- were denied. Of those, the ATF referred 4,732 cases for prosecution. Of them, just 44 were prosecuted, and only 13 were punished for lying or buying a gun illegally."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/.../#ixzz2M6fuLhuj

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Dave, before labelling Joe, I'd like to know why checks to determine if a prospective buyer is a felon or nuts has anything to do with gun sales.

To own and buy and sell guns as you do now, isn't there a US requirement for the safety course and a background check that you're good to go?

If there is, why record-keeping at all for where the guns go?

NO,as I,and others have tried to show you and its not getting through
One more time

There is NO backround check requirement to buy (except from a 01dealer)or sell (no requirement)or any safety course.

If you knowingly-or should have known( like a hillbilly who buys and flips it to a "brotha" for 3 times its price) sell a gun to a criminal its a felony now and has been since 1968 !

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

On second thought, I believe jOe has a point.

Let's pass some laws to keep guns from the hands of:

Mental defectives, convicted felons, illegals, straw buyers, and people under indictment.

Only a few problems with that: (1) the first would rule out jOe. (2) the rest are already on the books.

And somehow, crimes just keep on comin'.

But he may have an idea about keepin' da bruthers disarmed... (until their next B&E that is).

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you. I can almost see you from here, Dave. You don't know if I or a neighbour down your street is a criminal, white or of colour.

Government can sell to general public background checks with gun sales, backing you toward the registration cliff. It IS a dissolving phantasmagoria, best of luck.

NRA took years to wise up, so cut some slack for me, please.

And, finally, I am amused by the nibble, nibble, slippery slope chatter here. You're facing a quick-and-dirty open major assault before your eyes; there's nothing subtle or sinister in the sense of evil omen about it.

Last edited by King Brown; 02/27/13 11:27 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

King,

but you still do not have it correct

the Government does not sell guns (they do give them to Mexican cartels and killers however)

I have no clue what your talking about with neighbor or you being a criminal.And yes I do know my neighbor is not a criminal,he is a CLOE for the town next to me

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

For those who recall,what happened 20 years ago ??

Feburary 28th 1993

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

What do you suggest..doing nothing ?....

The problem is jOe, you want to do something based on your betting hunch. If you kNow criminals are breaking the law, then enforce existing law. Second, law enforcement should profile. If you know who the criminals are and they know who the criminals are then resources should be concentrated.

You keep assuming all guns are registered, but many never were and many have an original registration that has long since faded into the woodwork by hand shake sales. What would stop known unregistered guns from being transferred withOut a background check when all the new owner has to claim is 'I got it before the new law'.

The dept. of just., as noted many times, advised the administration that private transfer (not just sales) would require 100% registration to be effective. Ok, no registration, I hear you like a broken record, but why won't you acknowledge the strategy of defacto registration. Some want to flush the ole closet guns out of the woodwork for reasons that have nothing to do with gun violence.

The landscape is changing quickly. Why you wanna help, and are we going to recognize this part of America in twenty years.

Page 16 of 29 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.