May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jimmy W, eightbore, dukxdog, Roundsworth, 1 invisible), 993 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,845
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think we ought to require hillbillies to get a government background check before they reproduce.

The form would have a check box question:

"Is there a history of insanity or alcoholism in your detectable family? Yes? No?"

Maybe that would prevent threads like this...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bilious Bob
I think we ought to require hillbillies to get a government background check before they reproduce.

The form would have a check box question:

"Is there a history of insanity or alcoholism in your detectable family? Yes? No?"

Maybe that would prevent threads like this...

I think the Hillbillies have a far better track record of responsible behavior than the liberals have as a whole.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 02/25/13 05:33 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You're right Bone. I still think jOe just got a bad jar of moon. We will have to wait until it wears off. smile

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave K

Of course the NRA does not support what Joe is saying-once again he makes statements and has NO proof

The video doesn't address the NRA's stance on the registration of private gun sales.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you would just join the NRA and subscribe to the American Rifleman as part of your membership, you will easily prove to yourself that the NRA is absolutely against Universal Backround Checks, closing the so-called gun show loophole, and backround checks for all private sales. Don't believe us. Join up and see for yourself.

While it is true that they supported the backround checks done now by dealers, and pushed hard for the NICS system as a sane alternative to longer and longer waiting periods, they have seen that this did not give the promised reductions in violent crime, and they see that this is nothing but a backdoor registration scheme.

You keep hearing from the liars in the Liberal Media that most gun owners support these measures, but you should also be able to see that almost everyone here is against. Doesn't that tell you something? The polls they are citing are fiction... pulled out of their ass to fool gun owners into going along with this crap. Use common sense and don't fall for their lies.

Join NRA and see for youself. Do your own poll and see what the guys at your gun club think. See what the guys here think. You know the Magic Negro is a filthy liar. Don't let him get away with it.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

“Universal Background Checks”
While the term “universal background checks” may sound reasonable on its face, the details of what such a system would entail reveal something quite different. A mandate for truly “universal” background checks would require every transfer, sale, purchase, trade, gift, rental, or loan of a firearm between all private individuals to be pre-approved by the federal government. In other words, it would criminalize all private firearms transfers, even between family members or friends who have known each other all of their lives.

According to a January 2013 report from the U.S. Department of Justice’s National Institute of Justice, the effectiveness of “universal background checks” depends on requiring gun registration.[5] In other words, the only way that the government could fully enforce such a requirement would be to mandate the registration of all firearms in private possession – a requirement that has been prohibited by federal law since 1986.

If my attachment works, it should give some idea of what the NRA sent out on 18 Feb. Maybe not good enough for you jOe, but I still don't think the NRA agrees with your private sale background checks concept.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I've been an NRA member for years.

You guys keep jumping off the deep end and confusing what I said.

Back ground checks on private gun sales
has nothing to do with mandatory registration of all guns.

We have back ground checks on guns from dealers now...only someone with criminal intent would be against having back ground checks done on private gun sales.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

We have back ground checks on guns from dealers now...only someone with criminal intent would be against having back ground checks done on private gun sales.

Yes it does...because firearms handed down from parents to children WOULD bee effectively tracked...because they can now say...AHA! there are more we didn't know about...that we now know where they are.

Because THOSE are considered private sales...

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 02/25/13 09:46 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

Hi jOe, thanks for reading the attachment that I took right off an NRA email. I was so proud of myself to actually stick it on to my post. I'm easily entertained, tomorrow I'm going to try and make a stack rocks in the back yard.

Sidelock
Sidelock

NY Senator Chuck(you can tell I'm lying cuz my lips are moving)Shumer originally said universal background checks had nothing to do with registration....then later was caught admitting that the main focus the dems had was on Gun Registration, which everyone knows is the prelude to gun confiscation or turning them in. Even the studies Obama ordered on gun violence show banning, background checks, registration, etc. will do little to prevent gun violence. So why are the lib/dems still insisting on having these restrictions? (one can discount Senator Diane Feinstein as she is a slobbering San Francisco gun ban idiot) As always with the dems, one will not know their true agenda until it is already done....transparency my ass.

Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.