May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Tim in PA), 334 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,810
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 29 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 28 29
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
I'm all open for facts....

where are YOURS ??????????????????????

Criminals STEAL guns
"A 1997 Bureau of Justice Statistics survey of state prison inmates who had used or possessed firearms in the course of their crimes found that 79 percent acquired their firearms from “street/illegal sources” or “friends or family.”
Only 1.7 percent obtained firearms from anyone (dealer or non-dealer) at a gun show or flea market.[3]

HJ will not back up ANY of his ideas for gun control and continues to IGNORE facts that criminals steal guns and "universal backround checks" will REQUIRE,registration.
Just because your done buying guns, Joe why do you want to stop others ? "Hooray for me and F everyone else"

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave K

Criminals STEAL guns
"A 1997 Bureau of Justice Statistics survey of state prison inmates who had used or possessed firearms in the course of their crimes found that 79 percent acquired their firearms from “street/illegal sources” or “friends or family.”
Only 1.7 percent obtained firearms from anyone (dealer or non-dealer) at a gun show or flea market.[3]

Criminals STEAL guns

79 percent acquired their firearms from “street/illegal sources” or “friends or family.”

Where did you get "steal" from street/illegal sources or "friends or family" ?

I'm not for gun control...I'm just for controlling people that buy and sell guns to people that can't purchase a gun themselves. You tell me how it can be done ?

Dave how long did you think it took people to figure out to answer "yes" to the question on the ATF form "Are you buying this gun for yourself ?"

If private gun sales have to go through back ground checks just like the back ground check that you and I go through when we buy a gun from a gun dealer it will slow these people down....and I think the NRA thinks like I do.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm betting the statistics will show that most criminals use guns that were purchased legally by someone else then scrupulously sold on the street.

Even if this was the case... and statistics and facts show it is not... the scenario you are describing here is already a Federal Felony. This is called a Straw Purchase. It's a felony, just the same as if they broke into your house and stole your guns. So even if we had Universal Backround checks, criminals could still easily find someone who had no criminal record, and they could buy the gun from either an FFL dealer, or a private seller with no problems. Then they could pass that gun on to a criminal who could not pass the backround check. Or they could continue to do what they do in most cases now and steal their guns. Then the criminal would mis-use the gun to rape, rob, or murder. The only thing that gave us a reduction in violent crime is mandatory sentencing that kept repeat offenders off the street. And that's something Liberals always oppose. Why?

We're talking about criminals here. Making a Straw Purchase and breaking another law means nothing to them. Not a damn thing changes except that you've now given Obama and Company the backdoor Gun Registration that they have been seeking. Then when the stupid laws they pass fail again, and they go for more laws which eventually lead to outright bans or confiscation, you will have enabled them. Is that what you want?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
the scenario you are describing here is already a Federal Felony. This is called a Straw Purchase.

Keith....I could go today and buy a handgun legally take a short ride to the hood and I'm betting I could double or triple my money and I've not broke any law.

If my 'intent' was keep to myself.

Sidelock
Sidelock

jOe, in my state, it is already required to transfer any handgun through an FFL even if it's a private sale. That's true in many states, but it hasn't decreased violent crime one bit. But the point I was making is that even if Universall Backround checks were required for every firearms transaction... even a gift or bequest to your own son as Obama wants... criminals will still mostly get their guns through theft. The criminals who want to buy them from either a dealer or a private individual will still use a Straw Purchaser who can pass the NICS system check.

Nothing changes except that you will have made Obama's goal of outlawing the private ownership of guns easier. He has said that he doesn't believe Americans should be allowed to own guns. He reversed the Bush Administration's position on the U.N. Small Arms Treaty. He reversed the Bush position that said individuals have a Second Amendment Right to keep and bear arms during the Heller case.

I know you wouldn't piss on Obama if he was on fire. Why do you want to help him on this issue?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
the scenario you are describing here is already a Federal Felony. This is called a Straw Purchase.

Keith....I could go today and buy a handgun legally take a short ride to the hood and I'm betting I could double or triple my money and I've not broke any law.

If my 'intent' was keep to myself.

Bull !

Your ass will be in a Federal Prison

"Private Sales
Regarding the issue of private firearms sales, it is important to note that since 1968, it has been a federal felony for any private person to sell, trade, give, lend, rent or transfer a gun to a person he either knows or reasonably should know is not legally allowed to purchase or possess a firearm."

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Criminals STEAL guns

Criminals STEAL guns

79 percent acquired their firearms from “street/illegal sources” or “friends or family.”

Where did you get steal from street/illegal sources or "friends or family" ?

I'm not for gun control...I'm just for controlling people that buy and sell guns to people that can't purchase a gun themselves. You tell me how it can be done ?

Dave how long did you think it would take people to figure out to answer "yes" to the question on the ATF form "Are you buying this gun for yourself ?"

If private gun sales have to go through back ground checks just like the back ground check that you and I go through when we buy a gun from a gun dealer it will slow these people down....and I think the NRA thinks like I do.

Again Bull

criminals do NOT buy guns,they steal them as PROVEN by the statics you continue to ignore !

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Where did you get steal from street/illegal sources or "friends or family" ?

According to F.B.I. published statistics, the answer to your question has been available for many, many years......

The majority of criminals STEAL GUNS......The majority of crimes are committed with STOLEN GUNS......

The F.B.I. statistics show that among juveniles, minors under the age of 16, 17 and 18 depending on legal jurisdiction, serving in correctional facilities, 86% had owned a gun with 66% having a gun by the age 14.....There was also a tendency for juvenile offenders to have owned several firearms, with 75% owning three or more.....Criminal Juveniles most often acquired guns ILLEGALLY from family members, friends, drug dealers and street contacts.....over 95% of these weapons were stolen.....

Inner city youths cited "protection" as the top reason for carrying a gun.....In Rochester, NY, 22% of young males have carried a gun ILLEGALLY most for only for a short time..........

F.B.I. statistical trends show the rising trend in homicide rates was most pronounced among lower income and especially unemployed males..... The rise in crack cocaine is often cited as the reason for the sharp rise in gun violence across the United States among youths.....

Violent gun homicides show that the majority of the offenders have serious prior criminal records and this statistic has risen from 73% to over 95% in recent years......These criminals steal or purchase their guns by illegal means......

Youths and Hispanic and African Americans were the most represented, with rapidly rising injury and death rates more than tripling for black males aged 13 thru 17 and doubling for black males age 18 thru 24..........

Gun violence statistics are also available state by state....

The incidence of homicides is much greater in the U.S. than in other advanced countries.....The U.S. has 3.0 intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants.....

For comparison, Switzerland, ranked THIRD IN THE WORLD FOR GUN OWNERSHIP PER CITIZEN and with very open gun laws, has very low gun related intentional homicides with 0.52 per 100,000 inhabitants........

You can put blame where you want, but facts are facts.....

Therefore, we need politicians and intelligent citizen voters who understand WHERE THE PROBLEM IS and who will act accordingly to correct the violence where it is most obvious and prevelant.....

We can start by getting rid of this entire administration which is full of losers..........

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

....If private gun sales have to go through back ground checks just like the back ground check that you and I go through when we buy a gun from a gun dealer it will slow these people down....and I think the NRA thinks like I do.

I don't believe the NRA thinks this way at all. Many of the stats that are repeat beaten to death here, because they are ignored, were uncovered and presented by the NRA. I thinks it's important that the 'facts' were not created by the NRA, but are backed by searchable footnotes. The sources, many of them, are from the very folks who're ignoring them and writing the regulatory and legislative gun control measures.

I also note that if friends of the sporting gun are willing to ignore the facts about how ineffective the proposed gun control measures would be against criminals, who could fault the logic and tactics of antigunners.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
....If private gun sales have to go through back ground checks just like the back ground check that you and I go through when we buy a gun from a gun dealer it will slow these people down....and I think the NRA thinks like I do.

I don't believe the NRA thinks this way at all. Many of the stats that are repeat beaten to death here, because they are ignored, were uncovered and presented by the NRA. I thinks it's important that the 'facts' were not created by the NRA, but are backed by searchable footnotes. The sources, many of them, are from the very folks who're ignoring them and writing the regulatory and legislative gun control measures.

I also note that if friends of the sporting gun are willing to ignore the facts about how ineffective the proposed gun control measures would be against criminals, who could fault the logic and tactics of antigunners.

Of course the NRA does not support what Joe is saying-once again he makes statements and has NO proof

Hillary For Prison 2018
Page 11 of 29 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.