May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (old colonel, CJF, Jeremy Pearce, smlekid, Jimmy W, cpa), 935 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,844
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 29 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 28 29
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nothing!! grin
I just usually ignore this libtard idiot unless he posts something that's patently wrong as he did here in regard to the ongoing "assault weapon" confiscation in California.
If he get's annoying I'll put him back on the ignore list as he has nothing concrete to contribute here.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Well, since you brought it up. Is it unfair to assume your vote goes right to the dems. Actions speak louder than saying you appreciate good guns. Doesn't seem like middle-o-the road to me. Can I suppose you share the veeps leaning towards the double gun.

You are completely wrong. You have no idea what you are talking about, but that is no surprise.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
I just usually ignore this libtard idiot unless he posts something that's patently wrong as he did here in regard to the ongoing "assault weapon" confiscation in California.
If he get's (sic) annoying I'll put him back on the ignore list as he has nothing concrete to contribute here.

Well, put up or shut up. Post something definitive about mandatory "confiscation" in CA. If you follow the rules, nothing gets confiscated. Your agenda is out in front of your brain, but that's not much of a stretch.

I wish you would put me back on your ignore list.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why do they NEED every gun registered? Simple...they fully intend on documenting every gun so they can come and confiscate them at some point in the near future....like next year. After all, that way they know exactly who has exactly what and exactly where it is.

Why should we pay taxes on something like that we have owned sometimes for generations that has never been taxed before? What happens if someone refuses to pay taxes an on antique gun someone has had for 40 years? Right...Confiscation.

Perhaps we should pass a law for "Journalists", News shows, Newspapers...requireing every one to be taxed and registered anually....and be required to follow strict guidlines. Or they will be hauled off and confiscated...AKA sent to a gulag.

After all...Freedon of speach and the Press isn't entitled to a different set of standards and requirements than gun ownership.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 02/22/13 04:13 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
[Well, put up or shut up. Post something definitive about mandatory "confiscation" in CA. If you follow the rules, nothing gets confiscated. Your agenda is out in front of your brain, but that's much of a stretch.

I don't really want to get in the middle of a personal conflict anymore than I care to have anyone criticizing my personal conflicts... even though that happens quite often. But I will point out some glaring problems with what has been going on in California. You say that "If you follow the rules, nothing gets confiscated."

Well, the RULES are "...the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed."

This is a Constitutional Right that they're chipping away upon. This is a Civil Rights violation as much as discrimination because of race or skin color. If we're foolish enough to let them incrementally take it away or dilute it, shame on us. We already own these rights. The government does not give them to us. It's up to us to stick together as women and minorities have done, and fight to keep them.

I don't know personally if anyone has actually had the police knocking on or breaking down doors in California to confiscate firearms. There probably are isolated incidents that can be documented. But just the fact that we apparently have the scenario where folks and firearms dealers must either sell or transfer firearms to another state, or relocate their businesses to another state is frightening. These are law abiding people we're talking about. California is not doing things to force out drug dealers and gang-bangers.

What happens when other states pass the same kind of draconian laws that do absolutely nothing to reduce violent crime? Where do we move or sell our Constitutionally permitted property then? Do we sell our guns for pennies on the dollar to dealers who can export them to some country where firearm ownership is still legal as happened in Great Britain?

This whole scenario has been played out before. The camel must get his nose under the tent before he can upend the whole thing. What starts out as a "reasonable" inconvenience leads to outright bans and confiscation.

Why is that so hard to see?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: boneheaddoctor
Why do they NEED every gun registered?

We don't....but I believe we do need private gun sales to go through the back ground checks in place now.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

We don't....but I believe we do need private gun sales to go through the back ground checks in place now.

Bull

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile -- hoping it will eat him last." Churchill, Winston

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

and once again

"Universal Background Checks”
While the term “universal background checks” may sound reasonable on its face, the details of what such a system would entail reveal something quite different. A mandate for truly “universal” background checks would require every transfer, sale, purchase, trade, gift, rental, or loan of a firearm between all private individuals to be pre-approved by the federal government. In other words, it would criminalize all private firearms transfers, even between family members or friends who have known each other all of their lives.

According to a January 2013 report from the U.S. Department of Justice’s National Institute of Justice, the effectiveness of “universal background checks” depends on requiring gun registration.[5] In other words, the only way that the government could fully enforce such a requirement would be to mandate the registration of all firearms in private possession – a requirement that has been prohibited by federal law since 1986.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

and once again...

Universal backround checks are nothing but a backdoor registration scheme. In an age where millions of firearms transactions can be stored on a few hard drives, does anyone really think that gun purchases by law abiding citizens aren't already being stored? If the only concern is that criminals and mentally ill people do not buy guns, then why do they need to know whether you are buying a single shot .22LR or an AR-15 .223? And why do they need the serial number? It has already been proven that this data does not prevent crime and very rarely helps to solve any crimes. All of this crap is being directed at you, the law abiding citizen, while criminals will still get their guns almost exclusively from illegal sources.

And when Jamal breaks into your house and steals your guns... what happens?

Most of the time, a plea bargain is made, despite the fact that he already has a multiple page arrest record, and he gets little or no jail time. And then he does it again. If the Libtards had their way, you would be jailed for not having your legally owned guns kept securely enough. This is not about reducing violent crime. We already have laws that prohibit felons, drug abusers, and mentally ill folks from buying firearms. Those laws are not enforced. Someone please show us where these stupid and unconstitutional laws have actually reduced crime.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why? If a guns been in the family why should they have to pay a gun dealer and register the gun for a son to inherit a fathers gun? Particularly when they rarely go after people to lied on their applications in gun shops....

The answer is their real motive is to find out who owns exactly what guns and exactly what addresses they can be found for future confiscation.

Once they get that information....it can't be used for any other reason. And we already know that's their real goal.

More than a few Liberals have publicly admitted it.

Tell you what...lets have 100% registration and licensing on all liberal media, individuals and companies...lets hold them to the letter of the law for truth in advertising like any business that lies about their product. That way they can be taxes and identified more readily when the say or publish a lie that can't be proven.

And we have a lip tax for liberals...before they are allowed to speak...after all that's just as fair as requiring guns to be registered and taxed.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 02/22/13 06:17 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Page 6 of 29 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.