May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (KDGJ, Jusanothajoe, bushveld, PM, 2 invisible), 375 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,802
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29
Sidelock
Sidelock

The only required universal regulations we need besides required PHOTO ID's at the voting stations....are 100% universal Liberal registration. SO we know what where the liberals are when we need to send them to CUBA or some other suitible Utopia.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 02/18/13 01:39 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: boneheaddoctor
The only required universal regulations we need besides required PHOTO ID's at the voting stations....are 100% universal Liberal registration. SO we know what where the liberals are when we need to send them to CUBA or some other suitible Utopia.

Perfect Bone!!! Might I suggest Devils Island? Antarctica?

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: J.R.B.

Perfect Bone!!! Might I suggest Devils Island? Antarctica?

Some Hell hole that has no value to any human..and no natural resources. And its tens of thousands of miles away surrounded by water.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

There are some who might think Hell an improvement from what I read here!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know if you realized it, but you make a very important point here. The Liberal Democrats are vehemently against any voter I.D requirements because they falsely claim that such a requirement will "disenfranchise" poor and minority voters and prevent them from exercising their right to vote. Yet they have no problem with requiring photo I.D. and a criminal backround check before they allow millions of law abiding gun purchasers to exercise their Constitutional Right to acquire a firearm. They are so zealous in this infringement which is costly in terms of both time and money that they now wish to expand this requirement to all private sales. The filthy hypocrites who cry about disenfranchisement have no problem with disenfranchising us or even poor and minority folk who wish to own a gun for defending home and family in these cesspool cities that useless gun laws have only made more dangerous.

Just this summer, I bought a very abused and incomplete Lefever parts gun that was totally disassembled. Since this gun was way beyond restoration and several serial numbered parts were missing anyway, I asked the seller to just keep the stripped action because it wasn't worth paying $30.00 for a FFL transfer of a receiver which would never be used. I have totally passed on bidding for similar parts actions because the transfer fee tipped the balance when added to price, plus shipping, and made the deal impractical.

The statistics DaveK provided are eye popping when you consider the number of transfers that have been done over the years, the tiny number of illegal sales which are stopped, and the even smaller number of crimes which are prevented. Think of the total dollars that have been spent by us which could go to better things... like ammunition.

jOe, often-times when I read my long and wordy posts, I wish I could convey my meaning as short and sweet as you do. So all I'm really trying to say is this:

If we give these bAstards an inch, they'll take 37 miles.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave K

No one will who is is smart enough to realize what it is,and who wants their wife/children to have to drag every gun they own to a gun shop-and get ripped off with the transfer fees-or worse the guns,when they drop dead ??

I guess it's better to let one of his ol'buddies rip her off than take them to a licensed gun dealer and get them appraised.

All this is a backdoor gun registration,and it most importantly does not solve the problem of protecting the children in schools.

I don't believe any kind of gun registration is going to stop a psycho from shooting people......but it could slow the brothers down in the mall parking lots.

I saw one yesterday in a gun shop....red hat cocked side ways, bandana hanging, red and white football coat he was looking for an extended magazine for his pistola'

Sidelock
Sidelock

I propose we register snide old men who can't spell, own shotguns and prowl internet BBS sites to start streams of thinking that do nothing but incite anger toward our beloved government and precious President.

Any ideas about who should be first in line?

Sidelock
Sidelock

"I guess it's better to let one of his ol'buddies rip her off than take them to a licensed gun dealer and get them appraised."

If you don't leave good instructions/records your going to get 50'cents on the dollar one way or the other.Most wives/children have no want for them and planning is the key (auction house for mine)
Poor planning by some is a poor reason reason for all to allow back door gun registration-aka universal backround check.

"I don't believe any kind of gun registration is going to stop a psycho from shooting people......but it could slow the brothers down in the mall parking lots"

Point out 1 just one incident of multiple gun murder/shooting that would have been stopped !It would not have stopped Newtown-killed his mother and stole the gun,Aurora and the others NO records.What would do they ALL but two since 1950 have in common?????Gun Free Zones

From John Lott's study

"If we finally want to deal seriously with multiple-victim public shootings, it’s time that we acknowledge a common feature of these attacks: With just two exceptions, the Giffords attack in Tucson and another at an IHOP in Carson City, Nevada, every public shooting in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed since at least 1950 has occurred in a place where citizens are not allowed to carry their own firearms. Had some citizens been armed, they might have been able to stop the killings before the police got to the scene. In the Newtown attack, it took police 20 minutes to arrive at the school after the first calls for help.

Again, to take away millions of lawful gun owners Constitutional Rights when there is zero proof it would stop even one of these tragedy's and IGNORE the real cause shows what the real objective is :registration to get to confiscation.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

From the NRA ILA,not the last paragraph:

THESE ARE THE FACTS — READ THEM — LEARN THEM — SHARE THEM

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY TALKING POINTS

NRA and NICS
The National Rifle Association supported the establishment of the National Criminal Instant Background Check System (NICS) [1], and we support it to this day. At its creation, we advocated that NICS checks be accurate; fair; and truly instant. The reason for this is that 99% of those who go through NICS checks are law-abiding citizens, who are simply trying to exercise their fundamental, individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Dealers
Since 1986, those engaged in the business of selling firearms for livelihood and profit have been required to have a Federal Firearms License (FFL). All retail sales of firearms currently require a NICS check, no matter where they occur.

Private Sales
Regarding the issue of private firearms sales, it is important to note that since 1968, it has been a federal felony for any private person to sell, trade, give, lend, rent or transfer a gun to a person he either knows or reasonably should know is not legally allowed to purchase or possess a firearm.

Mental Health Records and NICS
According to a recent General Accounting Office study, as of 2011 23 states and the District of Columbia submitted less than 100 mental health records to NICS; 17 states submitted less than ten mental health records to NICS; and four states submitted no mental health records to NICS.[2]

Gun Shows
A common misrepresentation is that criminals obtain firearms through sales at gun shows.

A 1997 Bureau of Justice Statistics survey of state prison inmates who had used or possessed firearms in the course of their crimes found that 79 percent acquired their firearms from “street/illegal sources” or “friends or family.”
Only 1.7 percent obtained firearms from anyone (dealer or non-dealer) at a gun show or flea market.[3]

Prosecutions
In 2010, the FBI denied 72,659 NICS checks out of a total of 14,409,616. But only 62 of these cases were actually prosecuted, and only 13 resulted in a conviction.[4]

“Universal Background Checks”
While the term “universal background checks” may sound reasonable on its face, the details of what such a system would entail reveal something quite different. A mandate for truly “universal” background checks would require every transfer, sale, purchase, trade, gift, rental, or loan of a firearm between all private individuals to be pre-approved by the federal government. In other words, it would criminalize all private firearms transfers, even between family members or friends who have known each other all of their lives.

According to a January 2013 report from the U.S. Department of Justice’s National Institute of Justice, the effectiveness of “universal background checks” depends on requiring gun registration.[5] In other words, the only way that the government could fully enforce such a requirement would be to mandate the registration of all firearms in private possession – a requirement that has been prohibited by federal law since 1986.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

No one will who is is smart enough to realize what it is,and who wants their wife/children to have to drag every gun they own to a gun shop-and get ripped off with the transfer fees-or worse the guns,when they drop dead ??

I guess it's better to let one of his ol'buddies rip her off than take them to a licensed gun dealer and get them appraised.

Here's a thought- Every bar and restaurant I have ever been in, to the best of my memory anyway, has a clear and visible sign saying "We refuse the right to refuse service to anyone" Why not gun shops that get the "Home-Boy" visitors- several other ways the owner could legally defeat the sale of these items to the undesirables amongst us-- (1) Cite the new regs. on large capacity magazines- these gang bangers aren't smart enough, or could care less about laws anyway, to know it is pending, not passed-- (2) Insist on cash only payment- as most of them are also pimps, they'll have a roll of Benjamins- check each bill with the special bank counterfeiting pen that looks like a magic marker- tell them they are trying to pay for something with counterfeit money, they are on your security camers, and to take their phoney money and depart, or you will call the cops. Both these proceedures work best if you and your staff are carrying in open and visible mode- not concealed. They'll get the message- (3)If they try to buy ammo, tell them your inventory is for customers who use their range approved facility, and they will have to wait until a fresh shipment arrives- say on Feb 30th--
All this is a backdoor gun registration,and it most importantly does not solve the problem of protecting the children in schools.

I don't believe any kind of gun registration is going to stop a psycho from shooting people......but it could slow the brothers down in the mall parking lots.

I saw one yesterday in a gun shop....red hat cocked side ways, bandana hanging, red and white football coat he was looking for an extended magazine for his pistola'

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Page 4 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.