April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hugh Lomas, Ian Forrester, Marks_21, fab500, Ken Nelson, Birdog), 1,174 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,133
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

That sounds more like a rhetorical question than one for me Joe. I can't answer for the vagaries of supply and demand for sale of personal property. But maybe it's not all that complicated ... maybe all those previous owners died, huh? Couldn't take the guns with them, ya know? Or maybe they just got too old and tired to carry all that weight, and gave them up?? Maybe they died of heart attacks while carrying all that weight???

This ground has been plowed and re-plowed way too often by detractors and defenders with little new coming of it. All I can tell you for sure is, mine's not for sale, and I can't see how it ever will be.

Jay

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 11/20/12 05:45 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, I had one too.....for a short while. But when I'd lay down my Parker's or Lefevers or English guns and pick it up I'd darned near sprain my back. Seems I still have an eye for slim waisted, well endowed blondes rather than those who could break every bone in my body in a wrestling match. wink

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh yeah, me too, though hair color's no matter for me. smile Guess yours wasn't a slim-waisted 21 ... my back hasn't suffered much from raising this one.

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 11/20/12 05:54 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Now Gunflint, you're sure trying to tempt me to come over to the dark side, aren't you.

PS: Disregard 90% of what I say, have just come from four days in hospital with pneumonia. But the other 10% still stands. smile

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sam Snead said,"You got to dance with who you brung".

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not say'n the Model 21 isn't a perfectly fine, high quality gun. And, of course, everyone is free to like whatever gun they wanna like.

This is probably considered blasphemy, but compared to a Fox, the action on a 21 sure looks big and clunky to my eye.

JMHO

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe once referred to my Winchester 21 Trap as a "Sherman Tank".....right after I won a shootoff with it. I love my Fox, Parker, Reilly hammer gun, etc. but the 21's would remain if I had to reduce the collection. Anyway, where would we all be if there wasn't a variety of good double guns to admire, critique, love and insult?
Being an old duck & goose hunter, I have a soft spot for the heftier guns. Fond I am of Peter Paul Rubens' paintings also.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
... have just come from four days in hospital with pneumonia.

Sorry to hear you were knocked down for a while Joe -- good time for a big Thanksgiving dinner to help restore. smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

What a beautifull shotgun CfC. I cant remember the last time anything made me so want it. (But mine would have a dearly departed GSP on it)

Last edited by homer; 11/21/12 12:08 PM.

h
homer #301319 11/21/12 01:04 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: homer
What a beautifull shotgun CfC. I cant remember the last time anything made me so want it. (But mine would have a dearly departed GSP on it)

Your mention of your dog makes me guess you saw the other pics in the engraving thread Homer, but here they are in case not. It's fun showing off Ray Cover's work. Wish I had the equipment and skills for better photos.

Jay

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.