April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (PALUNC, Mike Harrell, 4 invisible), 172 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,433
Posts544,712
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Checked with a vendor and they informed me that the shell is being made by Nobel Sport, Academy may have an exclussive??

So Federal owns Estate, but they are having Nobel Sport manufacture the shells? Does that make any sense?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe they can make cheap crap cheaper.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It'll get worse, Mr. Burns. Who would have thought Marx's crystal ball was so accurate? With globalization, Marx's "proletariat" doing most of the world's work now is China as the manufacturing centre of the world.

Apple's last quarter was the most profitable of any company in history, its best-selling products made by China's Foxconn which makes close to every electronic device in the world with starting pay of $2 a day.

Foxconn's factory in Chengdu where the iPad is made employs 120,000; another in Shenzhen employs 230,000 who work 12 hours a day six days a week. On the evidence, their workers aren't turning out crap.

That's the hell of it: the millions of jobs shipped overseas aren't likely to come back, placing democratic states at risk of collapse.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry if I added confusion, the current main line Estates are to be made in the states and in my experience are very good shells.
I have 180 flats ordered for competive shooters and they like them for recoil, preformance, and cost. Most of these guys do not reload and can afford any brand. Also if you make a serious price check AA is typically +$2/box and STS is +$3/box. A supplier who helps shooters needs to be rewarded. When it comes to breaking birds AA and STS are not worth an extra .50/box let alone two or three dollars.

Bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Concur - I'm still making my way through a flat of Estates for my 16 and they are every bit as good as the more expensive RSTs that cost about $7/box more. Of course, the Estates I have to open and remove the shot, cut down, reload the shot and roll crimp and the RSTs are good to go straight off the shelf. But, still.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

The old Estate hulls, the ones with the fibre inner base wad, I heard could and did come loose and could lodge in your barrel/s. I do not reload Federal, although I did reload two boxes of Federal papers that I picked up from someone shooting ahead of me one day.
If you want a very good hull for reloading that lasts longer than the new AA's or Nitro 27, STS, use the Remington Game loads. Most have the zinc head, but there are some with brass heads also. They reload much nicer and reload more times than the other Remingtons and AA's.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

The ones I shot were filthy shooting. Never used them again. Maybe Federal straightend them out when they took over. I have no issue paying a couple bucks more if the quality is good.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
The ones I shot were filthy shooting.

If you are not shooting an auto, does it really make any difference? One of my friends won't shoot certain brands because they leave schmutz in the bores of his doubles. A single pass with a Tico or a pull-through patch and it's all gone. Not a big deal.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I used to shoot both. Cheap shells with cheap primers blow a lot more crap back into your action than one realizes until you fully strip them down.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I visited Federal a few years ago and saw their machines busily cranking out Estates. The Federal people told us that what they got when they bought Estate was some very good, modern machines to turn out shells. Went from the specialty brand it had been to something more on the order of Federal's promotional brand--but still decent stuff (speaking of the American-made Estates). My personal preference for factory loads, however, is the Remington Gun Club. Cheaper than the top brand stuff, but the hulls reload very well. Darned near as good as STS hulls.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.