April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (buckstix), 426 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

The stamp after the steel type on the B. Merkel sourced Carl Gründig peddled sporting weapon doesn't appear to be the same but something of a R & K intertwined??? But the tube maker's marks lower on the tube may or may not be the same. The intertwined J&Y is typically seen on the upper rung sporting weapons peddled by the high end waffenhändlers.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Also I forgot to note I believe that some of these stamps are some combination of German cursive.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Gunter Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

the 'Krupp-Laufstahl' with bullets in your photo of the Robert Schüler and also the mark behind it is identical on my gun
(no Krupp Rings)
Also, in your photo there is what looks like a capital letter'D' on the center barrel behind the lug.
This letter 'D' is also on my gun
I have taken this as an inspection mark, but am not certain.
Does this mean that the barrels at least have gone through the same workshop?

just behind the date stamp

Best regards
Günter
NRA Life 1974

Gunter Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

could the 'double duck' mark be a letter Z in cursive?
(perhaps intertwined with another letter)
the other mark after the Krupp Laufstahl bullet, which also appears on my gun but only as a fragment I can't make out - perhaps something to do with Krupp Laufstahl?
Looks to me like a walking man in your photo

Best regards
Günter

Last edited by Gunter; 11/12/12 12:02 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Shops, yes the same shops. I've been preaching, probably to the choir, but all of these upper rung Waffenhändlers sourced the same small pool of very talented mechanics. So if you take the marks on all of these firearms merchants and sort them, more than likely it is going to really narrow the filed of which mechanic did what. A D is common on most non-Sauer sporting weapons noting some component sourcing and from memory it may just point to Gebrüder Decker or Deneke & Company. If one searches articles by Fredrik Franzen, his articles on upper rung offerings may have similar stamps.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

I still think the "double duck" stamp is an intertwined J&Y but let me still search for a better image of the stamp. Otto Bock sourced the whole of the continent so I wouldn't attach much to the serial number until the marks have been accounted.

Z-M sourced with Louis Kelber tubes:
http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=159483&page=3

This E. Kerner appears to have been started earlier that 1943 but it may have similar stamps after the bullet on the Krupp Steel stamp. E. Kerner could be another choice of the K in a rhombus.

Note the script L as typical. I don't think the Boys Kelber let anything but quality out of their shop(s).

F.W. Vandrey thread:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=160489&page=2

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just have to make more room to pen on the back of my hand references to these marks!! Or assemble all the data. I finally found for what I was searching. Most of the answers are here on the site.

Gebrüder Heym Suhl founded in 1913 - I seem to recall that Walter Steiner was a lockmaker in the 1930s onward at Schlageteraße 43 while Richard and Bruno(& Emil?) Heym were at the helm. The firm may have ceased in 1948.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=233293&page=all

Hermann Weihrauch Zella-Mehlis O/U late 1940s

Most of the time a tube wears a brace of these J&Y/double duck stamps but this R.G. Owen/Amrusch is one that wears a single, possibly noting only 1 task.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=231195#Post231195

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Gunter Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Raimey,
thanks for all the new information.
Now that I have seen the 'double duck' for the first time clear in close up, it does look like a J and a Y

I could try and send that close-up photo to the Waffenmuseum Suhl, perhaps they have an answer
Would that be OK? (it's not my photo)

Best regards from England

Günter
NRA Life 1974

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe it is Chipmaker's and I would assume he would like to know also, although I don't expect to glean much info.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks to be 3 of those intertwined J&Y on this A. Schön Suhl.

A. Schoen Gewehrfabrik Suhl - June 1929.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.