April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (skeettx, Argo44, Tim in PA), 375 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

The average foodstamp benefit in Michigan is $136 per participant.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

If the SNAP recipient qualifies for food stamps, I don't think its any of my business what they spend them on. If they do actually qualify, I don't think you will see much abuse...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gnomon
craig, I don't " want to force compliance to your values." I don't know where you get this stuff. Republicans keep introducing legislation regarding women's reproductive issues - that's trying to force compliance with values....

....the morning news brought some terrible info - we are under attack again in Libya and Egypt.

Time to totally isolate those countries - nobody out; none of us in. No trade (we don't need them) no banking, no nuttin.

What do call your single payer health care dream free of insurance companies. Best I can see, Republicans say it's not necessary to pay for female contraceptives and abortion mills such as pp. No one has said any gal can't have 'em. Let's see, your conclusion, the affluent jet off to europe and the poor die in alleyways.

True, terrible news today. Before you jump to knee jerk reactions, how about your administration get there ducks in a row. The prez made a presidential teleprompter comment, but there's no true concern here if the folks in the know, such as the sec of state, are to be trusted with foreign affairs. This maybe a small hiccup in that reestablished world respect and your thought may set us back.

cpa Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/Menominee-man-arrested-for-welfare-fraud

The whole story seems to be a little different than it first appears.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gnomon,

The pols say we need more.

Obama: “We’re announcing an all hands on deck strategy to train 10,000 new American engineers each year.”

Romney: “Raise visa caps for highly skilled workers. Grant permanent residency to eligible graduates with advanced degrees in math, science, and engineering.”

When they agree you can be sure both have been bought by the same people.

Conventional wisdom is that more engineers will lead to more innovation and help create the so-called jobs of tomorrow. This is all imagined. Only a small percentage of engineers are involved in anything that could be as classified as innovation. Most engineers design very ordinary things people happen to need. Nothing special.

Is it good for the government to keep wages down? Depends on where you are in the food chain. I think they can only influence starting wages. I've worked alongside H1-B's and they considered themselves the equivalent of indentured servants. Years later they have an ownership stake in a firm, become little capitalists, and think different.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I object to abortion because I believe it is homicide (pedocide?) Just as our society can and does intervene when a mother is abusing her four year old child we should criminalize her murder of her unborn child.

The rape counter-argument is just a diversion from the main moral issue.

And how can the Left object to the death sentence of Ted Bundy and support the abortion of a near six month term baby. I could see consistency in supporting both the death penalty and abortion. But to oppose the death penalty for the guilty and support it for the innocent?

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 09/12/12 03:34 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
I object to abortion because I believe it is homicide...

For me, I agree 100%.

Another point where a Gnomon would call a conservative a misogynist, instead of agreeing to disagree just because of the preference to value life. It's the reason I brought up the peta hypocrisy. Value any animal, to include an example like banning seeing eye dogs, over a late term abortion killing and use for medical research.

My only callous consolation. Any person willing to kill a human life in the name of choice is not fit to parent anyway, and likely to pass those ideals on. Maybe, since Gnomon is big on science, it's a Darwin thing to weed out the dumb ones.

Sidelock
Sidelock

craig, once again you are inventing crap and ascribing it to me.

Look up "Aristotle" and "ensoulment" and you might learn something about abortion and "human life"

You might also try to learn something about when Christians began dealing with the issue of abortion. It ain't what your pastor's been telling you.

What the fluck have seeing eye dogs got to do with this?

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Another point where a Gnomon would call a conservative a misogynist, instead of agreeing to disagree just because of the preference to value life."

You don't know this - you are just inventing more crap and ascribing it to to other people.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gnomon
....You might also try to learn something about when Christians began dealing with the issue of abortion. It ain't what your pastor's been telling you.....

Doesn't matter to me what any pastor tells anyone, I made it clear it was my opinion. I know there're folks alive and well today that have come into this world months before the science books call term. I also know there're folks around who would, wink pawn it off on others due to lack of fortitude, vacuum the brain out of a fully developed baby in the name of reproductive rights.

The way I see it, meaning my opinion, is one fellows inventing of crap is another ones quoting.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.