March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,244 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Geo,
I want desparately to share it with you ...but I can't because you twisted it out of context while asking at the same time...this is no personal vendetta...this is about truth, too bad you find it so "tiresome"

Truth isn't something for the few...truth is for everyone, even "ribbon clerks" like me.

Look...I taught you guys more about Emil Flues in one link than all the articles and books ever written about Ithaca. But thank you for minimalizing it to "tiresome".

Think about it...if I just laid it all out for everyone to see, once learned, I would be burned at the stake yet again for perhaps something as small as a misspelled word (Larry Brown). You were there...

The BBS "bum scoop mill" is making up major fabrications to designed to purposely mislead other researchers. The fact that you don't find THAT tiresome, speaks volumes about your respect for truth and transparency.

Think I'm bluffing? Get someone truthful (like Drew) to email me, and Ill send some photos to him for examination, but I want the great pontificators to show their cards before I post photos here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Awwwwe Robert, it is not your knowledge and research I find tiresome. It is the way you choose to become offended by things and responding with personal attacks on the other members here.
You did post some great information on Emil Flues a few years ago, but then you decided we were not worthy of it, so you deleted it all.

I never have understood your vendetta with Chris Schotz; that's what's tiresome. As for the dust-up with Larry when he called you out on editing out part of a page you posted to shore up your 'language dispute' you deserved it.

I have no personal problem with you at all and I'd welcome you back to posting here regularly as well as sharing your research and getting feedback fom the experts here (not me) before you publish something good; it would be of benefit to you as well as the rest of us....Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Geo
You could twist a I beam bridge girder into a pretzel with your words.
All I'm doing is calling for them to show their cards.

"As for the dust-up with Larry when he called you out on editing out part of a page you posted to shore up your 'language dispute' you deserved it."

This is a complete LIE...Larry burned me for misspelling Labeille as Labielle...it had nothing to do with editing...but nice try

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Chambers,
I didnt realize I was supposed to respond to your post and that I only had a week to do it in. Thanks for your generosity in allotting me that much time.
As for the Flues guns I saw, that was in 1982 or 1983. Do I remember a lot about them no. I dont remember how many could have been single barrel guns, side by sides, over/under, or whatever. I dont have any photos of them, nor do I remember the engraving, wood or checkering. I do remember that I was quite impressed with them, it was the first time I had ever heard of Flues. Beautiful guns that inspired me to learn more about early American shotguns. Since this was at the beginning of my interest, I didnt even write the owners name down. I guess Im of no help here now am I?
So whether you believe me or not, I really dont care. Im tired of people who can only criticize, insult or are just negative all the time. My priorities in life have changed quite a bit as I get older. A good family friend just passed into new life this morning, cancer claimed her at 56. Im more into the joy that life brings, definitely not your take on life. Your personal attacks, snide comments and just poor attitude have no place here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

George
I'm done...you've fixed it

Plain and simple. all I wanted is for them to show their cards...you can twist into something else if you wish but you will cost every reader here to miss out on vital Ithaca collecting information...thank you George Newburn, you have just burned everyone out of the information I was trying to get these guys to admit...now you've cost everybody this investment tid-bit..I'm out

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yuuuk!

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

My most abject apologies to the rest of the forum, and gun afficianados everywhere. Not sure what I said that set him off this time, but Robert comes around for a bit every few years, gets mad at someone (I guess its me this time) and takes all his knowledge and goes away. Clearly there is no "secret Loy signature"!...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chris,
Stop it...it's woodpecker eggs and you know it.
From 79 - 84 Kevin Kegler and I were in college and doing post publication research work for Bruce Jennings (author Father of high velocity). Back then I walked every Rochester show, both days and uasually Friday night as I still do...but back then I carried a sign that read WANTED NEWTON FLUES BURGESS (the three gunsmiths once located in the little pocket where I live) And I can tell with certainty that the ONLY Emil Flues handmade guns to blow through the dome arena (other than the Flues personal 1910 gun and that sighting was later reported in the DGJ) was the so-called gun with the Kornbrath curse. This SxS sidelock was owned by ESACA member Fred Kubissa. Kubissa bought it from Kevin Kegler's father Ray Kegler. Ray was simply selling for someone else. I never knew Fred but the other gunnies said he had become desparate and was found floating in the Genesee River. It was the nearest I had ever come to seeing a Flues "two thousand dollar" grade gun. I never did see that gun or any other two thousand dollar grade Flues guns. Ever.
Now how would I know all that if I hadn't been hard wired to to the pulse of the ESACA exhibitors and members. Handmade Flues guns are so few that it's highly unlikely that Flues himself ever saw 6 or 7 at the same time. Had you said that you saw 6 or 7 sidelocks (two thousand dollar) than I may have blown coffee out of my nose because ALL the two thousand dollar grade guns have vanished. All of them, including the only three thousand dollar that I know of...All Kornbrath engraved sidelocks and most if not all stolen. Three of them from his brother(s) on the west coast.
Dude...handmade Flues guns are like counting cards...Hell you guys are counting Bakers down to the Kornbrath Deluxes...

It's woodpecker eggs and you know it. This stuff has to stop! Tell these guys why you can't go to most NY State gun shows and gunstores anymore. Tell them how you took to the telephone and trashed the book collaboration between Larry Schuknecht and I after Dave Weber said stop. You just couldn't stop could you.

Just to let you know...we were doing that book at Dan Cote's request...I was doing all the patent research and part of the bio research and Larry was doing part of the bio research and writing the biographies. I was 400 hrs and 12 thousand into it when you trashed the deal by misleading Larry. Screw the hours, you owe me 12 thousand dollars. What's even harder to take is Larry published the so-far data and published my research along with his, and what could I say, you screwed him too. Good thing I witheld a large portion.
You cost me 12K...You cost Larry...you cost Dan Cote...you cost the readers of this forum untold recognition investmet opportunities when you put the kibosh on the DGJ's book project... and in all probability you're mst likely the the "50 pounder in a 25 pound bag" who forever pissed off the guy who hold the Baker records...you practically blew yourself in retrospect by telling everyone they no longer exist...you knew...because you were the guy who turned that deal into mush...you totally screwed a whole generation of Baker collectors...you're gonna go down as the biggest train wreck and bum scoop mill in the history of collecting SxS shotguns...I'm afraid to look at Lefever Colletors material for fear I'll find another train wreck with your name on it too.

Stop with the lies and false witness...go over your old posts and delete the pontification crap before the tidal wave of OCR material arrives.

The things you have done are examples of egregious behavior and something that needs to be addressed by the Federation members.

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 08/12/12 12:25 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good Lord!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

At least it ain't personal.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.