April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (ClapperZapper, Lawrence Kotchek, graybeardtmm3, LeFusil, Hugh Lomas, Ken Nelson), 990 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,238
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

some 12 bore molds

Sidelock
Sidelock

A couple of mold that are on ebay. One has both a 16 and a 12 bore.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300731786176?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300731795319?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The link doesn't work.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Last edited by Mike Harrell; 06/30/12 11:33 AM.
PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The first listing combo caliber is so unique as to be useless as anything but a collection oddity. The second listing has possibilities but 12 bore mold can produce a wide range of diameters.

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Gentlemen; Thanks to all of you with the data and suggestions.

The 1st test firing went better than I might have hoped. I loaded 8 cases, 4 with 5 drams and 4 with 6 drams. I used 10 ga. nitro cards to fill the case just so I could get the "ball" so a slight roll crimp would hold it in place.
A large paper target was put in place at 25 yards, the 1st 2 shots went into a 1.5" group which I felt was positive for the first test.
Three others wanted to then try it and I/we wound up with a 4" group, if you can call that a group with 4 different shooter's and 2 different loads.
I need to find my cerosafe and get a casting of the barrel and get a better fitting ball. Along with the measurements from the fired cases and compair those with the un-fired cases.
As expected, the recoil is more of a push than a slap but no doubt that the weight of the gun is appreciated!
Thanks again for all of you veiws, thoughts and ideas and the above loading data does confirm for me anyway, about where I can go in the future.

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I just learned something that might help one of you if you shoot BP in brass cases.
as you know I/we have a quest on for how to clean a brass case after firing BP in it. I think that I have tried just about ALL of the different ways that anyone can think of over the years.
The methoid I found to be the easiest and the best cleaning for me, was the outfit that Cabellias used to sell with the cermaic sticks and some green soulition that was added to the water inside the tumbler.
And yes it worked just fine. However it seem they no longer carry that soulition. So the quest has been on to find something else that works equally well or even better.
For me anyway, that is a powder called LEMI SHINE, it is made to use in a dishwasher and the only place I have founf it is at WALLMART.
After 6 hours the 8 cases that I fired yesterday, were as good as NEW when I checked after starting the cleaning cycle.
I added about a table spoon to the "sticks" and put enought water in to cover the sticks and cases. Turned the machine on and let 6 hours go by and when I checked to see what if anything was happining, they were clean as new un-fired cases.
If you have a favorite way of doing things
, great, if you want to try something different and rather cheap, I can recomend this methoid.

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I hope this will help someone in cleaning the brass cases after firing BP in them.
In the past I used the Cabellas cermaic "sticks" and their soulition. But I have run out of it and they seem to no longer carry it. I guess it worked to good in really cleaning the brass cases both outside as well as inside.
The 8 fired cases made me remember that I needed to figure out something to add to the cermaic to remove all of the fouling.
So I tried "LEMI SHINE" that is used in dish washers. It is a white powder and I used about a table spoon full in the mix last night and checked to see what was happing 6 hours later. Excellent results and about 98% CLEAN both inside and outside. I then flushed out the dirty water and re-loaded it again and let it run another 6 hours. All cases now look as good as new both inside and outside.
If you have a favorite methoid then keep on using what you have been, but if you are not satified and your cases are not looking as good as new. Then this method sure did work for me!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Blackhorse - This sounds great, but I'm confused. I get that the product LEMI SHINE is meant for dishwashers. You say you filled the cases with it and checked on them after 6 hours.

Did you just let them stand in a basin or something and just let the product break down the BP grit?

I thought this was feasible, but then I read where you "re-loaded it again and let it run another 6 hours". This seems to indicate you loading the cases and LEMI SHINE in a machine, i.e. a dishwasher, and "let it run".

Is this what you did? Putting them in a dishwasher and running it fopr SIX hours?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I belive he put them in a case tumbler.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.