May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Ken Nelson, Hammergun, 12boreman, Birdog, Jeremy Pearce, 1 invisible), 943 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,847
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#275364 04/17/12 01:01 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Have any members of this site had dealings with this company in Athol, Mass? They make carbide checkering cutters. In early January I sent them two EMC cutters for sharpening and a check to cover that work and a hand cutter as well. When I phoned after three months, I was told they had no record of my order even though my check had been cashed nine days after I mailed it.They said thery'd look into it and call me back. They didn't call. When I call, they don't answer.I'm sure if I live long enough, thet'll comw thruogh, but I'm 71 and tired of this kind of service. Now that I have this whining off my chest, I feel a little better.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Let me get this straight. A gunsmiths sends a deposit as well as his own items to be worked on. The check gets cashed, the vendor then "looses" his order, and now they will not answer the phone or return calls and the gunsmith can not get his parts or money back. Oh the irony.

I am sorry Bill, I just could not resist. I have no experience with said company, but I do wish you the very best in getting this resolved in a timely manner.

John

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill: I hope this was o.k. with you, I dropped what I was doing on a Federal Banking case and called these guys. Mentioned your name [Bill Ferguson] and that you and I ran in the same circles [I live in Shawmut MT. part of the year], and I was concerned with their lack of response to your phone calls. After he quit stuttering, he said he would have all new parts to you, next week. Now you and I know, we'll have to see what happens. I told him it would be better to keep it between you two, as I still had friends from Harvard who practiced law just down the road from ATHOL MA.! Hope this Helps Warmest Regards Jerry

Sidelock
Sidelock

Word in the Gunmakers Guild has many experiences very similar to yours, Sorry...
Apparently the principal, Jon Doiron has been a bit better of late, but this type of dealing has been more the norm than the exception.
His late father and founder of the company, Rene was a superb human being.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a MMC Power Checkering tool that needs to be serviced. Does anyone know of a repair shop that would undertake that job?
If not, then who supplies power checkering tools to the trade if I have to replace mine?

Sidelock
Sidelock

To the best of my knowledge, unfortuntely, J&R is the only game in town.
Many of us would like an alternative...

Sidelock
Sidelock

My hat is off to "Alvin Linden." I just wish I could have seen the look on his face....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SDH-MT
To the best of my knowledge, unfortuntely, J&R is the only game in town.
Many of us would like an alternative...

Are you saying MMC is no longer in business?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Once long ago and faraway I bought dembart checkering tool company. I was never able to get Joe's sharpening machine to work in a satisfactory manner. So I defered to Dorian for that service but as time went on It got to expensive and I ran out of parts to repair the old tools. I still peck away at the idea of a air powered tool or an electric tool with a more modern type of dental tool drive. But at as I approach the down hill side of the 70's I just cannot gen up much interest.
THERE IS A GENTLEMAN IN TEXAS THAT HAS MMC TOOLS. I will try to find the contact number. I will post it in the next few days.
Regards
John McClure

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would like to have a power checkering tool that operates in a reciprocal motion. That would allow the line to be cut right up to the border at full depth. Is such a tool feasible?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.