March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Marc Ret, Ian Forrester, SKB, eightbore, cpa, 1 invisible), 329 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,000
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
PA24 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

IN MEMORY

Mr. Tony Treadwell, a father, a gentleman and a very giving and sharing human being. The world will be a much less complete planet with his passing.

At the young age of 45, Tony died peacefully in the hospital with his wife Marie holding his hand, April 7, 2012.

God Bless Marie, Will and Izzy and please receive Mr. Tony Treadwell of Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.

Tony gave so much to the gun community around the world, openly sharing his efforts and opinions on restoring guns, helping to save the Birmingham Gun Quarter and answering questions from any that asked. This was his favorite web site and he wanted very much to thank all of you for your friendship.

Rest well Tony, you will be in our thoughts forever and on every hunt or shoot....

Wills first pigeon...

Doug

Boxlock
Boxlock

I didn't know Tony but had conversed with him several times. He was a genuine person and easy to talk to. Shame to be taken away so young with such a beautiful family. All that new him will miss him.
Jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

May he rest in peace. We are richer for having known him, and he will be missed.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
PA24 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Posted for Marie Treadwell, 4-09-2012

From Marie Treadwell:

I'm struggling to find the words to describe how moved I am by the powerful touching words you have all written in tony's memory. He was quite a character and never gave up on anything even when he was given only weeks to live. It is true that only hours before going into hospital he was still emailing friends and oiling his gun stock, even though he was unable to stand and was very breathless.

Tony and I have been together for nearly 25 years and there has never been a dull moment, with the arrival of our children Will and then later Izzy the adventure never stopped there were just more of us Treadwells enjoying it !

Will and I will continue to shoot Tony's beautiful restorations he proudly left to us and Izzy is already very keen but struggles to hold the gun at only 3 years old. His passion for restoring and enjoying vintage shotguns and the amazing people he met along the way were so very important to him during the most difficult time of his life and I thank you all for being there for him--we miss him terribly, Tony has left a huge hole in our lives and your words and thoughts mean a great deal to us--I intend to keep them safe for Will and Izzy to read when they're older to help keep Tony's memory alive and help them remember just how very special their Dad was.

My very best wishes to you all, Marie xx

Izzy, Rex (puppy) and Will

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Double post

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am not known as someone to be at a loss for words but I find myself in that situation here. I don't claim to have known Tony other than from this forum and through a few brief exchanges.
However the measure of a man isn't always hard to judge and he measured up considerably in my mind. First off a dedicated family man and that comes through very clear.
Secondly a man that could perform miracles with double guns in need of his attention. It isn't often that abilities and output match as perfectly as they have done in Tony's case.
May he rest in peace and hopefuly he's still doing what he obviously loves in another dimension.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The BP percussion Westley Richards double stands in my library as a constant reminder of the man who brought it back to life and of the 10 month friendship that developed from its purchase.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but signing on to this, my favorite website, just doesn't feel the same since Tony's passing.

Such a loss!

Sidelock
Sidelock

There is also a great tribute to this "gentle giant of gunnerdom" from The British Isles, a self-taught Master of double gun shooting and restoration, gone from our community way way too soon--in the recent issue of Shooting Sports. I have also heard that "The Field" is preparing a special tribute to Mr. Treadwell--my condolences to his wife and two daughters!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.