April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Birdog), 1,046 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
RHD45 #271773 03/20/12 11:24 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

So when will your Asian glaciers go and when would they have gone if we didn't burning fossil fuels and when will they go if we quit?

As I write this 100% of Amarillo's water is coming from the Ogalala aquifer. The aquifer is being pumped at a much higher rate than it recharges. What are the residents of Amarillo going to do in one hundred years? Many millions depend on the Ogalala. Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska.

The Colorado is completely pumped out before it reaches the Gulf of California. Water is running out everywhere. All from population growth.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 03/20/12 11:24 PM.

I am glad to be here.
RHD45 #271780 03/21/12 12:41 AM
RHD45 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well, that's the main problem: way too many people on the planet. No one wants to just let things go and let the "survival of the fittest" rule even things out. We're still going to want the best medical care available and all the things that go with it that extend our lives long past where many of us would have been gone. We'll still try and feed the starving to the age of reproduction in 3rd world countries when they'll breed more people that will ensure more strain on resources.I don't think the world will be as fun to live in the next 50 years unless some dramatic changes take place.

RHD45 #271852 03/21/12 01:34 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

This should be the start to a new thread, but those are valid and under discussed points that you two bring up. I see population growth as a two fold problem. First, is population growth in general. Too many humans, and nothing is slowing it down. Ironically, it used to be war, disease and famine that kept us in check. Advances in hygiene, medicine, and the industrial revolution not only staved off disease and famine, they actually brought the life expectancy up. What can be done about it though that is feasible?

The other part of the problem is unwise population growth. This presents a problem that has feasible solution. Increases in population growth need to be directed to areas that can sustain them, but right now we just grow organically.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
nca225 #271856 03/21/12 01:44 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
.....brought the life expectancy up. What can be done about it though that is feasible?

The other part of the problem is unwise population growth. This presents a problem that has feasible solution. Increases in population growth need to be directed to areas that can sustain them, but right now we just grow organically.

There's good work in this area with china being on the forefront. Certain populations are directed, for example to voting districts where benevolent politicians can shower them with entitlements and keep them wanting.

One area of disagreement though, most folks are sprinkled with tons of chemicals to grow properly.

RHD45 #271911 03/21/12 06:15 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Voluntary ingestions of good Tequila will inhibit propagation.

RHD45 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Good point!

RHD45 #271938 03/21/12 08:13 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I once dated a gril that said she quit drinking Tequila because it made her chamber sore. I guess it's effectiveness as birth control depends on the ingestor.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 03/21/12 08:13 PM.

I am glad to be here.
RHD45 #271956 03/21/12 09:18 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RHD45
Well, that's the main problem: way too many people on the planet. No one wants to just let things go and let the "survival of the fittest" rule even things out. We're still going to want the best medical care available and all the things that go with it that extend our lives long past where many of us would have been gone. We'll still try and feed the starving to the age of reproduction in 3rd world countries when they'll breed more people that will ensure more strain on resources.I don't think the world will be as fun to live in the next 50 years unless some dramatic changes take place.

If you want to get nervous about the future, read America Alone by Mark Steyn. The biggest problem isn't overpopulation, it's the depopulation of what we think of as Western civilization, with China and India not far behind. Demographic trends don't look good for civilization.

Now there's a spanner in the works!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Gnomon #272011 03/22/12 12:28 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gnomon
keith, you just make up weird stuff about others:
Quote:
But he and Gnomon would also believe Al Gore and Barack(Barry Soetoro)Obama if they told us a year from now that the world was made of snow. They would even find data to prove that the world really was made of snow.

and you may well even believe that you "know" this stuff to be true.

And you wonder why people don't "answer" your stuff?

Gnomoron, I wasn't making up stuff about you. I was sarcastically giving my opinion about you and nca225. You are both from the same mold although you seem to be a little more literate than nca225. I'd call you an intellectual. I'd then go on to define an intellectual as someone who is educated above and beyond their intelligence. You need never worry about me accusing you of being intelligent. As I told you several days ago, it's too bad you can't read. I say that because you often answer questions in a manner that suggests you either can't understand, or simply that you refuse to understand. It's also now very clear that you and nca225 do not recognize sarcasm. More likely, it's a vain attempt to steer the discussion onto a course that is more comfortable for you. When you can't steer the discussion, you simply bow out without answering. Your buddy nca225 does exactly the same thing, so one might scientifically conclude from repeated behavioral observations, that when the going gets tough, the Libs get going. Eureka!

So as you can see, I really don't wonder why you often won't answer me or others. I know why. Anyone who wants to see that what I'm saying about you is true only has to go back several days and read the thread entitled "Obama's DOJ Bars Texas Voter I.D Law".

I don't mind your insults a bit. I freely admit that I insult you, and I enjoy it. I just don't like your dishonesty.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

RHD45 #272062 03/22/12 09:24 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, I reiterate that you just make up stuff about other people - it is a psychiatric delusion if you really think you have this "knowledge" about other people - it's purely a fabrication of your mind.

Another poster has his own definition of "science" and now you invent your own definition of "intellectual" and you wonder why you don't understand what others are saying?

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.