April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mike Harrell), 384 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,088
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27
James M #265101 02/11/12 09:56 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck, it should be possible to disagree with a political position and not be excoriated.

For all you sing;e-issue voters, gun rights have been expanded; for all others we as a nation are far better off than we were when Obama took office.

Now all we have to do is avoid getting dragged into a war with Iran.

Even Pat Buchanan complains about the Washington crowd that is beating war drums to get us embroiled in another mid-east war.

Last edited by Gnomon; 02/11/12 09:57 AM.
Chuck H #265105 02/11/12 10:26 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck, That is what I meant, but even when Obama was elected, I said, "No one man can destroy this country in four years." I still want to believe that, but he's sure put a serious hurtin' on it that may take decades to repair. I'm sure most in the West thought free and fair elections in Palestine was a good thing... until the Hamas won. I'm glad you brought it up so I could clarify things.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Gnomon #265108 02/11/12 10:32 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gnomon
Chuck, it should be possible to disagree with a political position and not be excoriated.

For all you sing;e-issue voters, gun rights have been expanded; for all others we as a nation are far better off than we were when Obama took office.

And how, pray tell, does Obama get credit for the areas where gun rights have been expanded? What pro gun thing has he said or done? What pro-gun Bill has he signed? What pro-gun things did his Attorney General say in their Amicus Curiae brief submitted for the Heller case before the Supreme Court? When Obama took office, gas was a buck a gallon cheaper and unemployment was at least two percent lower. What are you smoking?

More proof of the need for I.Q. tests for voters...

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

nca225 #265115 02/11/12 11:18 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
Originally Posted By: Chuck H
It's all about that "...by the people, for the people..." stuff.
care to elaborate?

NCA,
An armed public is a dangerous public...to a tyrannical government. I beleive this was the context of the second amendment.

keith #265117 02/11/12 11:29 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

And how, pray tell, does Obama get credit for the areas where gun rights have been expanded? What pro gun thing has he said or done? What pro-gun Bill has he signed? What pro-gun things did his Attorney General say in their Amicus Curiae brief submitted for the Heller case before the Supreme Court? When Obama took office, gas was a buck a gallon cheaper and unemployment was at least two percent lower. What are you smoking?

More proof of the need for I.Q. tests for voters...

Unemployment rates have steadily declined during BO's administration: http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate

I did not give Obama credit for expanding gun rights, I simply observed that they have expanded during his administration. So if you are complaining about this outcome, why?

And how are gas prices related to this? Try looking at refining data. That's where much of the answer lies.

Gnomon #265119 02/11/12 11:49 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wouldn't it have be fairer or more accurate to say that US gun rights have expanded despite the policies of the Obama administration.

If the subject at hand is the effectiveness of the current administration i.e. "we as a nation are far better off than we were when Obama took office." context is important because this is a somewhat subjective subject.

However it is clear to all that gun rights in the US have expanded DESPITE the policies of the current administration, pointing to a LACK of effectiveness of that same admninistration, at least on this subject..

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
James M #265121 02/11/12 11:53 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

One thing for sure. Obama has been the best gun and ammunition sales incentive ever. It's the one business that's booming.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
James M #265124 02/11/12 12:04 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

What's sacred about constitutional rights? Why do we go on about it so much? Violation of constitutional rights goes on all the time. They're always before Supreme Courts to arbitrate. Trampling blatantly continues in spite of their rulings to cease and desist. Sure, we hold our constitutions dearly to our ideals but pro- and anti-gun control advocates use them to support opposing positions. Some of us are comforted by references to our constitutions although the evidence shows clearly that societies make of them what they will.

James M #265132 02/11/12 01:27 PM
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Keith:
Are you implying that some of the members here may be stretching their purported support for the 2nd Amendment a bit?
A have a quick story for everyone that goes back to the 2008 elections.
Harry Mitchell, a Liberal Democrat, won the Congressional seat in my district. After he had been in office for awhile I emailed him and asked him to state his position on the 2nd Amendment.
He sent me back a glowing response indicating he was a strong life long supporter of our rights to keep and bear arms.
I then emailed him back and stated if that was the case why wasn't he one of the 60+ Democrats who had sent Obama a letter indicating they would oppose any effort on his part to re-enact the "Assault Weapons" Clinton era ban.
The silence from Mitchell's office was very telling.

King:
I don't know how Canadian's feel about their Constitution but I can pretty much assure you that the majority of Americans feel that our Constitution is in fact "Sacred" and 2nd only to the Bible in terms of importance.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
canvasback #265135 02/11/12 01:54 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback

Wouldn't it have be fairer or more accurate to say that US gun rights have expanded despite the policies of the Obama administration.

If the subject at hand is the effectiveness of the current administration i.e. "we as a nation are far better off than we were when Obama took office." context is important because this is a somewhat subjective subject.

However it is clear to all that gun rights in the US have expanded DESPITE the policies of the current administration, pointing to a LACK of effectiveness of that same admninistration, at least on this subject..

This is certainly one way to look at it but I think it speaks to the overall system of check and balances and separation of branches.

It is disingenuous (at least in my opinion) to "blame" Obama for the economy (ignoring that it has been recovering for the past several years) and then not credit him when gun rights are expanded.

That is selective attribution. It's the final outcome that counts.

It is easy to identify errors and mistakes but when we consider that the economy was in free-fall when Obama took office and it now looks like we have averted a full-blown depression I think it's safe to say that "we as a nation are far better off..."

Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.