May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
10 members (Jtplumb, Craigster, battle, 5 invisible), 761 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,500
Posts545,478
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27
James M #265018 02/10/12 03:24 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amarillo, how is Crossfire ?

James M #265020 02/10/12 03:27 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

How did you find out I was scheduled? That was supposed to be top secret.

How is "Saturday Night Live"

All the best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
James M #265023 02/10/12 04:06 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't be so sure about the lack of one issue voters.

I suppose I'm one, and I know quite a few of us who are.

The gun rights issue transcends all other political concerns for the simple reason that without a strong second amendment, the other amendments too will fall.

If a candidate for office does not support my individual right to own the kind, type, and quantity of firearms that I choose I listen no further to that person. It's not like politicians are in short supply. Find one who values YOUR rights, and vote accordingly.

The discussion belongs here as much as anywhere free people discuss their concerns about the future. Sharing information about this hobby includes ways to assure it's available to others in the future. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

James M #265030 02/10/12 04:31 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rereading this entire thread got me thinking a little on why we have the 2nd amendment, but I don't want to add to this thread. If interested check out the misfires board.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
James M #265035 02/10/12 05:09 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

10 or 11 days ago, I was in La Paz, attending the retirement party of my good friend Luis. He retired as a high ranking office of the Mexican Federal Police. After a great dinner, 5 or 6 of us were enjoying brandy and Cuban cigars on the patio. We talked about what guys talk about, hunting, fishing, women, politics and......Gun control. I asked Luis about the very restrictive laws in Baja Sur. "Its not working, the bad guys get all the guns they want". read that again please.."its not working". BUT, Luis was a Mexican Federal Police Officer, categorized by people on this board as corrupt, lazy, incompetent. So: We dont want him agreeing with us, do we? or Do we?
The point of my last and I mean last, three posts is that we cant insult, demean, vilify, anyone who believes in the protection of our 2nd amendment rights, because they dont fit into some category of correctness. And thats what Italian sxs and his talking parrots Keith and Craig are doing. It is almost as if their purpose is to create dissent, drive away supporters. This thread has done nothing to further second amendment support. It has been divisive, created a lot of ill will. It has been filled with fantasies, misinformation and in some cases outright lies. Like Mike, I want it to go away. I give you my promise, I wont even look at it again. And like Mike, I am gone for a bit. Weatherman says calm seas for the next 4-5 days. I and some good friends are launching a full scale offensive on Big Yellowtail and White sea bass. At top tide on the morning, we are off. FYI: I have been defined by one of the parrots, as Racist, Liberal, and ignorant.And pushed aside because I dont know who George Soras is...The first 3 are lies, and the 4th? I still dont know who he is and dont give a shit..

James M #265040 02/10/12 05:28 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, the 2nd Amdmt ain't so you can go hunting or target shooting, nor is it so you can 'defend your home'. It's all about that "...by the people, for the people..." stuff.

Chuck H #265043 02/10/12 05:39 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
It's all about that "...by the people, for the people..." stuff.
care to elaborate?

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
James M #265046 02/10/12 05:48 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

We tend to forget that there was no national armory during the revolutionary war and people often used what they had at home. I am also aware that we weren't all a nation of "Hawkeyes" during this period.I am also aware that once you got well away from the big population centers,Philly, Boston,Charlotte,etc.,you were probably in wilderness and needed to be competent with a gun and self sufficient to survive.

King Brown #265096 02/11/12 09:28 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Mike and others make the point perfectly why partisan politics should not be in this forum. Citizens rarely are one-issue voters. The GOP primaries seem otherwise with voters preferring making a point to electability---for now.

I hope I can respond to all who disagree with me and not forget anyone. But I'd first like to point out... again... ad nauseum..., that it makes no problems at all when there is a subject you don't like if you simply don't click on it or don't read it. As for gun rights subjects sometimes devolving into heated disagreements, I would point out that there are also heated disagreements over lead shot, minimum barrel thickness, stockmakers' talents, shotgun dealers' integrity, case hardening techniques, etc. Some of these disagreements get fairly heated. Some that have nothing to do with politics or gun rights get so heated that our host has decided to lock them down and end the bickering. Most run their course without any lectures on civility from Nova Scotia.

AmarilloMike, you had a thread right here on page one back in November about a certain guy who began posting a bunch of crazy, but definitely gun related threads. Your thread was not gun related. It was intended to prod Dave into banishing this certain individual. It was a repetitive drumbeat with other members, myself included, piling on. It went on for days and I don't recall even one person who posted in it talking about double guns. By your own definition of what belongs here, it did not belong here. You certainly knew the rules because you have repeated them several times. But you did exactly what Jim did and went ahead and bent the rules. I agreed with your topic, and told you so at the time, but technically, according to you, it should have been in Misfires.

That was the only thread here I have ever seen that went beyond being moved or simply locked down. The entire thing was unceremoniously purged from the system. I note that while this piling on was occurring, King Brown did not once post anything about civility... Last Dollar or Gunflint Charlie did not post anything about lack of brevity or repetition on your part. No one was calling for an end to the festivities or crying that it was off topic. None of my present critics was defending the subject of your thread or feigning disgust or disappointment over the the perjoratives or name calling he endured.

I find this lack of consistency somewhat hypocritical. Actually, it is very hypocritical. It is Hypocritical with a capital H. We'll just call it the H word. In fact, that is what got me started on this current thread in the first place. So one more time with feeling... A thousand off topic topics get posted here with zero problems, but Jim's Starbucks post gets bounced. He asks our host, in a polite manner, "why?". Then he gets stampeded for having the gall to publicly ask the question. Many of those who stampeded over him are just as guilty of starting off topic threads, contributing to off topic threads, or straying off topic within threads that started out on topic. Most have participated in political or gun rights threads both here and in Misfires. They say they don't like these types of topics, yet they are drawn like a Moth to a flame no matter where they are posted, here or in Misfires. I know I shouldn't call names, but if this is not hypocritical, what the hell is it? When lectures on civility are very selective in whom they are heaped upon, isn't that a hypocritical backdoor approach and a thinly veiled insult?

Most of the folks who insist that the politics and gun rights threads are devisive and do not belong here routinely participate in those threads when they are in Misfires. If they are offensive when they are on page one, how are they OK on the back page? You've said yourself that they are still readily accessible. What difference does it make then? Does anyone bleed less when they feel offended in Misfires? Does anyone bleed anywhere? Of course, some others try to censor these threads or end them no matter where they land. I am trying hard not to use that H word.

I have no problem that you feel compelled to return to this topic after saying you were done. I will not question your credibility for doing so as Last Dollar did when Jim left the topic and then returned. One does wonder why Last Dollar made a big whining issue about Jim's return, but is silent about your return. I hate to use that H word again... but geez! Do you think I should call Last Dollar your Parrot because he agrees with you? I would probably be accused of devisive name calling and lacking in civility. Only certain people named Last Dollar are allowed to do those things. I would probably be pushing folks away. Maybe I should just be nice and call folks WOPS. Damn, I keep wanting to use that H word.

Chuck H, to explain the statement I made about voting for Obama... what I meant was that he won by a legitimate majority vote. We are stuck with him at least until Jan. 2013. Yet probably 95% of the members here would say (publicly at least, though some appear to be closet Obama supporters )that his presence in the White House is not a good result for gun owners or Second Amendment security. I guess I could have worded that a bit differently. I was trying to tell Mike that a vote on keeping gun rights topics in the DoubleGun BBS would be similar to that. It might not be a majority position at the time of the balloting, but it wouldn't necessarily be good for the board or the security of the Second Amendment. To answer Mike about whether or not I believe in voting... yes I do think free and fair elections are a good thing. But Obamas' election is proof that maybe voters should meet some I.Q. requirement before they can vote. At very least, they should pay taxes and have some skin in the game. Same here. Actually, what I got from Dave Weber's reply was that HE wished to let this go and then make a decision. So it is Mike who is pushing for balloting... not Dave or me. I have been misquoted and mis-characterized and accused of spreading absolute falsehoods about threats to gun rights, so I'm not so sure about the I.Q. level of some of the would be voters.

Mike, Jim said that he would continue to post gun rights threads in this forum UNLESS DAVE WEBER INSTRUCTS HIM TO DO OTHERWISE. You conveniently left out that qualifier which I emphasized. Please don't lecture me about the printed rules. Almost all of us have in some way, shape, or form, gone or strayed off topic, and thus, violated the printed rules. This includes you. So you can chill on the oft repeated, "this is a forum for gunowners, and it is about firearms. We are Zealous. We are vigilant. We are NRA members."

To be accurate, you should say, "Mostly, this is a DoubleGun BBS. But sometimes we talk about dogs and trucks and pump guns, and game recipes and lots of other stuff. Most of the time, this is OK, but sometimes, we must act deeply offended and get all bent out of shape. Some of us are zealous. Some are vigilant, but many admittedly are not and they just let the chips fall where they may when it come to gun rights, again, by their own admission... not because Keith put them in some ficticious box. And statistically, about 1 out of 8 or 9 of us are NRA Members." Not the 4 out of 11 that Last Dollar cited. He didn't say if he was one of those 4 of 11, did he? He did say one of the four was not a gun owner, so it's down to a 3 out of 11 chance. I'm not about to ask. None of my business. I just know that 4.5 million NRA members have been shouldering the load for well over 40 million gun owners. Just saying you support the Second Amendment is little more than lip service. We're probably all against Breast Cancer, but just saying so will never fund a cure. Saying you support the Second Amendment and then voting for candidates who are out to destroy that right is irresponsible crazy talk. And for a "supporter of the Second Amendment" to say he doesn't give a shit who George Soros is... well, that is about like hearing Franklin Roosevelt say he doesn't give a shit who Adolf Hitler or Emporer Hirohito is. Just Brilliant! Just what I'd expect.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

James M #265099 02/11/12 09:46 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith,
Your post that I questioned came across as it was a good thing for this country that Obama was elected.

My first thought was that would be like saying it's a good thing to get cancer so you can get in the fantastic new cancer wing of the hospital.

I hope you meant that it's a good thing we have an election process, regardless of the fact that we sometimes will elect someone that isn't good for our country. I would agree with that.

Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.