May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (eightbore, WBLDon, CJF, NTaxiarchis, earlyriser, 1 invisible), 330 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,516
Posts545,688
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
wburns Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Jerry, she is a GWP. Certainly not a classic looking one! She has been a good dog to me for a number of years. She is 8 now and just starting to slow down unfortunately. I have shot 10 upland species over her in addition to several types of ducks and geese. I hope to shoot a few more species over her before all is said and done.

GLS I had a good laugh over that!

Thanks again everyone.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great story. Kadehippy looks the part. Met him in MT hunting Sharpies with Reba.

Beautiful gun. Love to see the petroglyphs. They are really awesome.

With a fine gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great pictures of what looks like a great hunt and great time with friends. The rock art knocked me out! Did someone try to liberate one off the last rock pictured?

Being a New Englander I can't relate at all to these variously beautiful western hunting grounds. Open skies! I am in NO WAY denigrating the methods of hunting, I can well believe that topography has its own bag of tricks and rocket fuel in the birds' crop.

What about booties on the dogs? Seems like you'd have to always cover all 4 paws and make sure they stay. That's got to be a tough thing to keep ahead of.

All in all you can sum it up by saying i'm jealous!

wburns Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dogs run lighter on their back feet. Most of the weight is distributed to the front and turning is done mostly by the front legs as well. Therefore you only need to boot the front of the dog most of the time. Most years excluding this one I hunt my dogs around a 100 days starting Sept 1st and ending around the end of January. I only run boots on them when I am in real rocky country as their feet are usually pretty tough.

It looked like someone tried to take the picture. Those rocks are huge and no where near any roads, so for anyone trying to steel the rock itself it would be pretty much impossible.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I Like to Dig Up Coprolites
Paleontology Rules

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
RMC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wade, Great photos and story. Glad to see the Dickson getting some action. Randy

RMC
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good timing Steve - the Waste Management Open is this weekend here in Paradise http://wmphoenixopen.com/ smile

Last edited by Drew Hause; 02/01/12 07:47 PM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.