April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, graybeardtmm3, Argo44, Vol423, Karl Graebner, eightbore), 1,073 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,139
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
1 hour ago
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

No doubt it's a nice gun, and made here in the US of A, but that still doesn't justify the price, in my mind. I'd like to compare the RBL .410, in hand, to my Aspen Outfitting (Ugartechea) AOC/SG. I bought the AOC/SG NIB for $2500 on GB a few years ago when prices were stronger on new and used guns. The biggest problem I had when shopping for that first .410 SxS was the scarcity of guns with 28" or longer barrels and tight chokes in this gauge. There is just not that much to choose from at reasonable price levels for a .410 bird gun. Other than the Turkish guns which all seemed to have some issues (matte chrome frame, single trigger, wavy barrel striking, etc.), the only readily available choices were AOC/Uggie, Merkel, and AyA, so maybe Tony has found a niche that needs filling. I still wish he would make it available with 30" barrels at a sensible price.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Clif W.

You can't compare a $450 gun made by Turkish peasants to a gun made by people here earning a living wage, paying a mortgage in the USA or England, nor should you want to. This type of thinking led to the downfall of all things we hold dear here in America and why we are beholden to Walmart and China. Something can always be found cheaper but does it ever give you the same pride of ownership? A Model 12 always gave me a sense of pride and always worked, whereas my Mossberg with its ever jambing shell magazine I am ready to cut in half in the chopsaw. Cheap is as cheap does, there is a reason why a $450 gun won't eject shells or has trigger pulls as hard as a wedding night d*ck

I have had to rework the triggers on many American made guns I have bought new in my lifetime as well.

Neither was I "comparing" the two guns. If I could have found an affordable American made .410 S x S with the quality of the Yildiz I would have bought it. It didn't exist, wonder why?

Your reason for extractors on .410s sure don't agree with the man who designed and made this RBL, Tony. He told me, as I said earlier, how hard it is to get ejectors to work right on a .410. The reason it doesn't eject shells is that it doesn't have ejectors. Duh!

It is not important to me whether or not you like the Yildiz, or the fact that I bought one. I prefer to think of the Yildiz as a good VALUE, not as being the best .410 out there. I understand pride of ownership very well, and I also recognize condescension when I see it.

Maybe YOU should have bought a "$450 Turkish gun" instead of an American made non-functioning Mossberg.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 01/29/12 08:10 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm betting that the CSMC .410's will find homes. If CSMC can get their price, good for them. That's what they are in business to do, make money.

For several reasons I won't be among the buyers. I don't have 7K laying around with nothing to do. The .410, any .410, would be of very limited use for me. Never have developed a fondness for them.

The Ugartechea boxlocks are OK, I'm very tempted to get a LCS grade 2 in 28 ga. I may just have 2K available! That said I've burned nicer walnut in the fireplace, pretty plain. The wood on most any RBL is better. Is it 4K better? Depends on how much you like fancy wood.

I would never knowingly buy a Turk gun, political reasons!

Chief

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just for info, here's an AOC/SG .410, new and in stock for immediate delivery. Nice wood, real engraving and checkering, double triggers, long tang. Hard for me to justify the additional $2749 for the RBL, plus another $700 for the long tang. Glad I'm not in the market (now) for another .410.

http://www.sidebysideshotgun.com/New_Guns4602.html

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep Replacement, they are nice enough. I've got no problem with the Ugartechea guns. The one you show is similar to LCS grade three. I think you have the long tang reference attached to the wrong CSMC gun, (Inverness)? Or did I miss something?

The engraving on the RBL is not its strong point. In its defense I would at least rate it as concise. The checkering on my RBL 16 is good, no burnt look to it. Personally I'm not a fan of engraving unless it is really done right. Not going to see any of that on a RBL, Uggie or most guns for that matter. I would just as soon they left it off in most cases.

Chief

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JDW

....the American companies that left here, why do you think they moved, cheaper labor so more money in the CEO's pockets...

I know this isn't the place, but if we're to blame, which we are for many things. Why are you hammering the next generation with the blame and complain game.

The value question is open, but it's a nicely scaled little gun. I hope there will always be folks who stick their neck for interesting projects.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
I think you have the long tang reference attached to the wrong CSMC gun, (Inverness)? Or did I miss something?

You're correct. Thanks.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.