April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 387 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,091
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

At $4K, maybe. At $7K, no. For that money I could get a very nice Spanish sidelock with longer barrels. Or, I could get a Yildiz and an awful lot of ammo. I have an AOC/SG (Uggie) boxlock in .410, and it's hard to believe that the RBL .410 could be any nicer than the AOC.

I have two RBLs that I bought new (20 and 28), but it looks like I'm done with RBLs. Really like the ones I have, but Tony is getting nuts with his pricing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
At $4K, maybe. At $7K, no. For that money I could get a very nice Spanish sidelock with longer barrels. Or, I could get a Yildiz and an awful lot of ammo. I have an AOC/SG (Uggie) boxlock in .410, and it's hard to believe that the RBL .410 could be any nicer than the AOC.

I have two RBLs that I bought new (20 and 28), but it looks like I'm done with RBLs. Really like the ones I have, but Tony is getting nuts with his pricing.

He didn't own one of the first Enzo's in the country for nothing.

-Clif Watkins

MIKE THE BEAR
Unregistered
MIKE THE BEAR
Unregistered

If it's true that there will only be 500 units, and you have to amortize the machine tools over that few guns, the price will reflect that.
But, as covered above, that's still a lot of cash, given what you can get sidelock .410's for.
I'm thrilled that we have a US company that has forged ahead with double gun and over/under sidelock production.
However, I'm passing on this one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hard to believe they will be standing in line at that price?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Homeless,
"the smaller they get the more they cost"
Same way with bathing suits, right??

Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

To be fair though, 7k is about what it costs to re-stock a Purdey forend, so its all relative. The Inverness was quite the gun for 3 grand after discounts. I got to handle it more at length in Las Vegas and it was "English gun" nice. So much better than the dog that was my RBL 28

-Clif Watkins

Sidelock
Sidelock

Those who choose not to buy an RBL .410 won't matter. He'll easily sell all 500. I'm going to pass on it too. A 5 lb. gun is difficult to control, but it has a lot of appeal to the tiny-gun crowd. Bravo to Tony Galazan for his new effort, born in the USA.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think I would rather have this and 6000.00 dollars

http://www.gunauction.com/Search/DisplayItem.cfm?ItemNum=10802481

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
If it's true that there will only be 500 units, and you have to amortize the machine tools over that few guns, the price will reflect that.

He does not HAVE TO amortize his costs over only 500 guns, but it appears that he chooses to for marketing purposes. Creating an artificial rarity to drive up the price. It's all marketing, and my attitude is "screw him" for marketing that way. On the other hand, Tony is richer than I am so he must, therefore, be smarter than I am.

Regarding the tooling, I know just enough about current machining processes to conclude that most of what he will have to amortize will be jigs and CNC programming. All of the actual machinery probably will be or has been amortized over the other guns he produces. So, he is trying to appeal to a certain snob factor by producing only 500 guns. They do look like nice guns and I would love to own one, but they just don't make economic sense from the perspective of a rational buyer. I'll just have to wait for the retro-launch edition with the 30" barrels and double triggers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Clif W.
To be fair though, 7k is about what it costs to re-stock a Purdey forend, so its all relative. The Inverness was quite the gun for 3 grand after discounts. I got to handle it more at length in Las Vegas and it was "English gun" nice. So much better than the dog that was my RBL 28

An RBL with laser burned checkering aint a Purdey. Not even the forend.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.