April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (David Williamson, Argo44, Birdog, Jem Finch, SKB, 1 invisible), 480 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,068
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 35 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 35
gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi all, here's one from todays hunt. Hunting today was tough, just couldn't find the amount of birds we've seen in the last couple weeks....oh well, that's why they call it hunting! I was using my 16ga Garbi Model 100

All the best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Two phez in a day beats the crap out of many days I've had in the past. On the other hand listening to my hunting buddies whine kinda made up for the slim pickins....we at least had a limit of "grouse"!

Beautiful birds and 16, and nice pic composition to make the best of 'em.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Had a marvellous day's shooting on Wednesday. Eight guns at Catton Hall in Derbyshire for a mixed day at partridge and pheasant. The wind has been pretty good this week in the UK and on this day the birds were getting up and blasting away on it, which of course made for some exciting and very tricky shooting.

We were very well looked after by our hosts, whose family have owned Catton since 1405 (see http://www.catton-hall.com/index.php?page=alias). Mick Walton is the head keeper and he is the fourth generation of his family on the estate.

I was fortunate to have the most wonderful third stand, the birds belting out of a strip wood above me, some very high, all very fast! It was one of those memorable times when you can replay almost the entire drive in your head and continue to derive much pleasure from it.

We finished the day with a good bag of 133 pheasant and 59 partridge. But more than that, we had been very well looked after, enjoyed excellent company in beautiful surroundings and had great fun. In short, it was a capital day.

Tim

Couple of pictures here: My Photobucket Album

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the report. What drink is most prevalent while you're re-living it together at the end of the shoot?

I think I'd be thirsty for a long bitter.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cup of tea!

We kick off the day with coffee on arrival. A tot of sloe gin with our peg number at the bottom of the 'stirrup cup'. A warm consomme soup and another tot of sloe gin at elevenses. A glass or two of wine with lunch. Come in for a cup of tea before driving off back home at the end of the day.

On the back of the game card there are notes for the safety of guns. The last point says "Remember - guns and alcohol do not mix, guns are made to kill and usually do!". Ironically, the game cards are handed out at the end of the day. However, we are all experienced guns and have shot together as a roving syndicate since 1989.

Tim

Boxlock
Boxlock

A buddy of mine has a gun that I was hoping someone could help me with. When I finish stripping wallpaper, later this afternoon, I will post some pictures. Here are a few pics of myself and dogs in the meantime so you could put a name to the face.

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello all, just love seeing all the great pics on this thread! Some really nice guns and wonderful photo skills.

Yesterday was our last day of the bird season here in NoDak, so one last time out and one last limit. I took the birds with my 12b Samuel B. Allport, I really enjoy hunting with a hammergun, what a kick! Anyway as you can see there is no snow and in Jan. yet.

It's been a good season for me and my sons. Not great, but we always got birds. I've been lucky and the good Lord had smiled on me this season!! Anyway, here's a couple of pics.

All the best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

There's just something about a hammergun that makes the whole bird hunting experience a little more special. Great pic Greg.

Rick

Sidelock
Sidelock

My early "A grade" A. H. Fox with a few birdies this weekend. Restocked and restored by Buck Hamlin.

Jerry Godstein
St. Louis, MO

Sidelock
Sidelock

+1

Originally Posted By: dollysods
There's just something about a hammergun that makes the whole bird hunting experience a little more special.

Page 32 of 35 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 35

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.