April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (dblgnfix, bsteele, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 615 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,484
Posts545,259
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#258354 12/29/11 06:55 PM
JMB501 Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Hey guys, I was just curious if anyone has herd of a ivory mid bead that is magnetized? almost something like the HI-VIZ style setup....only with an ivory bead. thanks guys

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ivory would not be magnetic, but I believe that many of the Ivory beads had their stems fitted to a little steel sleeve for pressing into the rib. This sleeve would be magnetic.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Miller, I don't think he means whether or not the bead itself will be attracted to a magnet, but rather does someone makes a magnetic attachment, that holds itself on the rib, that has an ivory bead.

JMB501, am I reading your post right? If so, no one that I am aware of sells one. Don't know if it would be possible to remove the light gathering "bead" from one and replace it with an ivory bead or not. I guess you could try.

I don't think it would look right, even if you could. Ivory beads and magnetic add on bases just don't seem to go together, to me. But it's your dime, and you may feel differently.

Good luck, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I always find them with my extension handled ivory magnet when I drop one on the floor, don't you?

JMB501 Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

stan, you were reading correct....i guess the only way to have the ivory mid bead would be to drill and tap the rib. thanks for the insight anyway.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't know if it's something you might try to do yourself, but if you do, make sure to use a rib center finder when you drill. They are available at Brownell's. Nothing screams "shadetree!" worse that a mid-bead installed off-center, and it is virtually impossible to get it perfect by measuring and punching. The eye will pick up any slight bit it is off center, at least mine does.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.